+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

Re: Ron & Mike : Father & Son

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3311738;
    Just wanted to say this made me chuckle. Fat does look better dark/tan.
    That's what I tell myself in the summer when I'm killing myself to get a tan.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3311702;
    Ron seems to be a good egg. Looking at him from the shoulders up, you'd never suspect he was that big, but a shirtless Ron at the weigh-in is a truly queasy-making sight. Not exactly washboard--more like corrugated tin roof. Scary. When I think back to Mo at 404 pounds, the cast this season makes him positively petite!

People of color have an advantage--their fat is much easier on the eyes than pasty white stuff!
    Ron seems to already have a lot of loose skin...perhaps from losing weight after his gastric bypass? He is really going to need some plastic surgery, where they go in the remove pounds of just skin...
    THat being said, I do like Ron and his son, and hope they go far!

CCL

I read somewhere that he may have had a tummy tuck after the gastric bypass and then gained weight, causing his stomach's "rumpled" appearance. Not sure if that is true or not though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

He does seem like a very nice guy...and lucky for him he's at the age where women think that's much more important than abs, since even if he loses a lot of weight and keeps it off I think that's out of the question for him.
    He certainly is an argument for why gastric bypass may not be the solution.

It's not if you don't work on the mental issues. Nothing is the "answer" unless you get to the whys of why you gained the weight.

FORT Fan

Anyone who has spent years trying to lose weight and keep it off knows that the most important thing to control (and also the hardest) is the brain. You can do gastric bypass, you can take pills, you can do hypnosis or whatever else you can think of, but ultimately you have to change your MIND. When I weighed over 300 lbs. I seriously considered weight loss surgery, but then I realized I had to change my lifestyle anyway, so why not just change and skip the surgery. But my lifestyle change didn't have anything to do with figuring out why I was obese. That was easy. I like to eat. But, almost five years and 145 lbs later, I can honestly say that I don't miss all of the stuff I used to eat. I don't want it anymore, because I know that one taste is all it will take to put me on the path back to 300 lbs. If Ron wants to lose and keep it off, he will have to come to the point where he is ready to make that sacrifice.

And I also have to say that all of Bob's discussion with Mike on last night's show made me both sad and mad. Bob put the weight of the world on Mike's shoulders by declaring that he had to get a big loss to keep his dad there because his dad can't do it at home. Well, they all have to go home sometime. Ron knows everything he needs to know to lose weight. Whether he chooses to change his life and keep it off is Ron's responsibility and not his 18-year-old son's. I like Bob, but I really wanted to strangle him last night. Mike's dealing with enough of his own guilt without Bob adding to it!

I agree about Bob also. I hope they did an edit to the conversation otherwise Bob may not be my favorite anymore.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3316343;
    And I also have to say that all of Bob's discussion with Mike on last night's show made me both sad and mad. Bob put the weight of the world on Mike's shoulders by declaring that he had to get a big loss to keep his dad there because his dad can't do it at home. Well, they all have to go home sometime. Ron knows everything he needs to know to lose weight. Whether he chooses to change his life and keep it off is Ron's responsibility and not his 18-year-old son's. I like Bob, but I really wanted to strangle him last night. Mike's dealing with enough of his own guilt without Bob adding to it!
    It's also bullcrap. Very arguably, this is a horrible place for Ron to be. Bob's magic is not going to repair his knees, and its only because of Bob vs. Jillian team politics and the stupid silver team that Mike and Ron are even still THERE.

Ron is one of the best examples of someone who'd be far better off taking 3 pounds a week off at home, every single week, for six or seven months straight, rather than any pattern set by this show. Mike can handle something more intense, but that's up to him--not the whim of the show to keep an injured guy around who's only hurting himself by doing what he's doing to stay. Ron is BETTER OFF doing it at home. Or better yet, in this one case, lets say at a non-competitive weight loss retreat or treatment center, where totals are less important than steady progress.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Exactly.
    Many of us have been saying all along that this show does not train people to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable manner.
    Ron may well need the restrictions that the show provides, but the competative element is not ideal for either member of the brown team.

Bob really piled it all on Mike last night and as a consequence he probably worked far harder than he should have done.
    Although they're all getting fitter and thinner, they are all still overweight and the trainers seem to push them to ridiculous degrees in order to lose that extra pound or two.
    I don't like the couples/pairs seasons because one person can keep the other in it, like the yellow and green teams did but also because one person can have the majority of the burden placed on them too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3316343;

I so agree with you!! When I watched that I was shocked and really pissed off.
    Me thinks they should replace Bob. he is getting so annoying.He iis probably a nice guy but I do not like him telling hsi team who to vote out.

+ Reply to Thread