Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel & David : Best Friends

Re: Daniel & David : Best Friends

I live in N.C. (their home-state) and obesity is a huge problem here... my husband happens to be a physical education professor and also coaches at a public school and he is constantly commenting on the problem. I would say that close to half of our youth is in the overweight or obesity range (based on their BMI for their age) and I am not exaggerating. Maybe it is the southern life (sweet tea and fried foods) and the fact that it is so freaking hot here (humidity, which you can not understand unless you live in the south (and yes, I have been in vegas in the summer and it is not even close!?) that explains why the kids easily choose the video games over playing outside and other physical activities. Whatever the reason, it is a big problem!

Side though-- I wonder which college they attend? I actually worked in Fuquay-Varina when I was in college so I bet I ran into these guys (I worked at a restaurant!) . Crazy.

FORT Regular

Did anybody notice that Dan and David apparently did not participate in the temptation? Anyone have an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Momof5Boys;3285657;
    Did anybody notice that Dan and David apparently did not participate in the temptation? Anyone have an explanation?
    That's what I was wondering. Seems like they would have given us some reason for it. If anybody knows, please tell!

FORT Fogey

Dan will succeed at home but i doubt he will get close to his goal. His percentage could be high enough to win the 100k though. I doubt Dave will make any remarkable progress.

Daniel's done really well at home to be up to 101 pounds lost by the time the update was done.
    I think David's done pretty well too to have lost 46 pounds considering he spent so little time at the ranch.

I really don't like the format this season of sending half the team members home. I can understand wanting to keep it fresh, but this was not a format change I enjoyed.
    Daniel still has a long way to go. He could lose another 100 pounds and would still be over-weight, but he's made a good start and you could really see in his face that he'd lost a lot so far.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm disappointed that Dave totally screwed Dan over. I think that Dan needed to be there more than anyone else. Mike and Ron would have been just fine at home and the only reason they weren't eliminated was because Dave told everyone he didn't want to be there. I thought the twist this season SUCKED! I wish they would just do all singles of strangers.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3292789;
    I'm disappointed that Dave totally screwed Dan over. I think that Dan needed to be there more than anyone else. Mike and Ron would have been just fine at home and the only reason they weren't eliminated was because Dave told everyone he didn't want to be there. I thought the twist this season SUCKED! I wish they would just do all singles of strangers.
    I don't know about that. They voted on team lines. Because Bob's team had the numbers, they were able to eliminate Dave and Dan.
    I wonder: if last week Jillian's team had kept Damien over Joelle would that have affected the votes at all? I don't think it would have, personally. I think as soon as the orange team fell below the yellow line with one of Bob's teams they were doomed, no matter what Dave said. It would have been interesting to see who would have gone home if both teams had been with the same trainer...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just think that once the Biggest Loser is over, that Dave will drag Dan back down. I don't think Dave is motivated enough to lose the weight, and once they start hanging out together again after the Biggest Loser, they will fall back to their bad habits. I think the only hope is if Dan loses a bunch more weight, maybe he'll like himself enough to not let Dave bring him down.
    Profit's not a dirty word.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3285661;
    That's what I was wondering. Seems like they would have given us some reason for it. If anybody knows, please tell!
    I've been wondering this since it aired! I actually rewound the episode to see if I missed something! Does anyone know why Dan and Dave didn't participate in the temptation challenge?

CCL

^ I read somewhere that Dan had a doctor's appointment and had to miss the challenge. It sounds a bit suspect to me (you'd think they'd schedule the appointments around temptations etc. seeing as how they are part of the show).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast