+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11/18 Biggest Loser Recap: Let's Get Physical

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

11/18 Biggest Loser Recap: Let's Get Physical

Did you miss Tuesday night's episode of The Biggest Loser? You sure are lucky! I sat for 2 hours and watched the terrible twosome be their usual heinous selves and now that's 2 hours of my life I can't get back. I think I can honestly say that Vicky is the nastiest contestant currently on any reality show and Heba isn't far behind. I've never admitted this before, but usually when I watch the show I get that “aww, good for them” warm and fuzzy feeling because so many people are working so hard to change their lives. This season, I can barely stomach all the scheming and complete bitchery that's taken over. It's really shadowed the true spirit of the show. Okay okay, my rant is over. On with the goods...

The show opens to Amy telling us again how she has to look out for herself and she needed Brady gone, etc etc. Michelle assures Amy that the Black Team will always be there for her. Vicky is obviously pissed, and goes off on a rant of obscenities to her partner in crime, Heba. Heba claims she is going to try to stay out of the drama, but I find that hard to believe.

Ed: “Vicky's crazy man. She'll claw your frickin' eyes out.”

Vicky wakes up early to enact her Jr. High school plan. She hangs a piece of paper in her room with the word “Revenge” as the heading. Underneath “Revenge”, the phrases “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.” and “I will not eat until that lying BITCH is out of the house.” are written. Sheesh. If there is ever a sequel to Mean Girls, I think Vicky could get the lead role. She goes to the gym at 6am to work out with her friends. And by “friends” I mean all by herself.

Bob joins the Blue Team lounging around outside and Vicky explains to Bob that Amy is a lying, backstabbing bitch and voted Brady out. Bob seems pretty irked at the news, but realizes that if Vicky plays a personal game, it is only going to mess things up for her. He goes to find Amy because he thinks his team is falling apart. As soon as he walks into Amy's room, she starts to cry. He tells her that he understands she is taking care of herself and he respects that. She tells Bob she is going to win and needed to get her biggest competition out of the way.

Later, the players walk up to the gym and Alison pulls up in a very Back to the Future-esque car wearing scrunched up boots, stone washed jeans, teased hair, and a ridiculous purple shoulder padded jacket. She announces that it's... 80s week!! Bust out those leg warmers and plastic earrings folks and let's get physical!

The contestants go back to their rooms to find their totally rad 80s outfits. They dress and all look absolutely ridiculous. Julian's team heads to the gym to get a break dancing lesson complete with cheesy 80s music. Jillian has on a a pair of zebra printed pants. Oh my. This segment actually cracks me up. Those Black Team girls look good in their 80s clothes!

The Blue Team now has their turn at the gym. Amy, speaking on behalf of thousands of women everywhere, can't wait to see how short Bob's shorts are. I'm with ya, sweetie. Bob is workin' it out in a headband, tank top, and short Richard Simmons-ish shorts. The Blue Team works out to some 80s tunes and seems to have a good time doing so. Heba is worried that Ed's junk is going to fall out of his tiny shorts. Bob lets his team take a break to have a little sit down discussion with them. He says he has seen good things come out of bad times and he wants his team to move forward together. You can cut the tension between Vicky and Amy with a knife. My goodness.

It's 80s challenge time, and it appears as though the contestants are going to get something dumped on their heads. They walk up to a contraption holding buckets above them and of course Alison has on another bodacious 80s ensemble. She explains that at the start of the challenge, all the of players will be holding onto a handle connected to a bucket containing 50% of their body weight in water. While they are holding these handles, Alison will ask 80s trivia questions. If a player answers correctly, they will get to add water to another player's barrel. If a player answers incorrectly, water is added to their barrel. The winner gets a MotoROKR HD stereo headset for every member of their family as well as 2 Motorola wireless workouts recorded with Bob. Amy is giddy at the thought of that one. She loves her some Bob. The winner also gets the choice between $5,000 and giving away a 1lb penalty to someone at this week's weigh-in. The players take their positions.

Question 1:
    According to Prevention magazine, since 1980 the obesity rates have nearly.. A. doubled B. tripled C. quadrupled
    Ed answers: C. quadrupled
    Wrong! The correct answer is A. doubled
    Ed gets more water added to his barrel.

Question 2:
    In the 80's, one of the most popular workout videos promised to give you buns of what?
    Heba answers: Steel
    Correct!
    Heba adds more water to Coleen's barrel.

Question 3:
    The National Institute of Health classified obesity as a disease in 1985. True or False?
    Coleen answers: True
    Correct!
    Coleen adds weight to Ed's barrel.
    Ed can't handle the weight and lets go of his rope. His water spills all over him and he is eliminated.

Question 4:
    The percentage of Americans with diabetes has increased by what percent since 1980? A. 100% B. 200% C. 300%
    Coleen answers: A. 100%
    Wrong! The correct answer is C. 300%
    Coleen gets an additional 25% of her body weight added to her water barrel.

Question 5:
    Twenty years ago, US teenage boys drank twice as much milk as soda. Today they drink twice as much soda as milk. True or False?
    Amy answers: True
    Correct!
    Amy adds water to Vicky's barrel.

Question 6:
    Today the most commonly purchased women's dress size in America is a size 14. In 1985, it was a size: A. Size 8 B. Size 10 C. Size 12
    Renee answers: C. Size 12
    Wrong! The correct answer is A. Size 8
    Renee gets water added to her barrel.

Meanwhile, Amy can't hold on any longer and gets soaked. The same happens to Coleen. Now we just have Renee, Heba, Vicky, and Michelle left.

Question 7:
    Today women between the ages of 20 and 39 are eating an average of 385 extra calories a day compared to the 1980's. That's enough to gain how many pounds in one year? A. 20lbs B. 26.7lbs C. 35.8lbs
    Heba answers: A. 20lbs
    Wrong! The correct answer is B. 26.7lbs
    Heba gets water added to her barrel.
    Vicky can't hang on any longer, so she lets go.

Question 8:
    Who won a Grammy for the best video of the year in 1982 for a music video that featured her working out in a leotard?
    Heba answers: Olivia Newton John
    Correct!
    She gives water to Renee.
    Heba stops concentrating for a minute and her barrel moves a bit. After that, she can't hang on and lets go of her rope.

Michelle and Renee are the only two left. Michelle tells her mom if she lets go, she'll buy her a purse. Renee lets go. Michelle wins! She gets the prizes and also has to decide if she wants the cash or to give away a pound penalty.

Does this episode seem long to anyone else? I feel like it should be weigh in time already, but it's still a long way off. *yawn* Bob takes Vicky and Heba on a walk and he tells Vicky she needs to pull the Blue Team back together or they are never going to make it to the end. Bob tells Vicky to let all of her hostile feelings go and try to pull Amy back to the Blue Team to get the numbers. Shut up Bob! Don't let Vicky pull Amy into her web! Bob is kind of a hypocrite. He just told Amy that she does need to do what's best for her, and then he turns around and tells Vicky to get Amy back on her side.

Jillian's team is in the gym for their last chance workouts. As per usual, the workout is intense. The girls are working extra hard so they don't fall below the yellow line. They are having what Coleen named “the spin class from hell”. Jillian takes their seats away so they can't sit at all on the bikes. Coleen starts to cry and Jillian screams. I miss hardcore Jillian. She's become such a softie lately. Renee starts to cry and Jillian screams some more. They move to the treadmills and Michelle starts to cry. Jillian screams. Later, She takes her team into the kitchen and plugs Ziploc brand products. Yes we know, Ziploc products are the best, yada yada.

Coleen heads to her room and tries on a shirt from her goal closet. It fits! She looks so nice. She went from a 2X to a medium. Good for you, girl! She runs to Michelle and Renee and shows them that she fits into her goal shirt.

I would love to just sit and watch the Black Team, but there is that other team on the show. The Blue Team sits down together and has a little chat about the recent happenings. Amy apologizes to Vicious Vicky and tells her she didn't feel like she was lying and that she didn't trust the Blue Team when she should have. Vicky tells Amy it is going to be hard to trust her again but she appreciates Amy's apology. She tells Amy that they need a Black Team person to go below the line so that their team can stay strong. Heba thinks Amy is being sincere.

It's Bob's turn to torture his team with their last chance workout. He reminds them that Michelle could easily use the 1lb penalty on any of them and they need to work extra hard. He wants his team to trust each other and pull together. This workout isn't as emotional as Jillian's was, probably because Heba and Vicky are incapable of feeling any emotion.

It's finally time for the weigh-in! Michelle decides to decline the money and instead gives a 1lb penalty to Vicky. I knew Michelle was a smart girl! Vicky seems pretty confident that the 1lb shouldn't matter because of course she thinks she worked harder than anyone else. She's the queen of the show you know. Let's start the weighing!

Michelle: Last week 194/This week 186 (-8) -4.12%
    Renee: Last week 215/This week 207 (-8) -3.72%
    Ed: Last week 273/This week 262 (-11) -4.03%
    Heba: Last week 238/This week 231 (-7) -2.94%
    Coleen: Last week 170/This week 167 (-3) -1.76%
    Amy: Last week 181/This week 173 (-8) -4.42%
    Vicky: Last week 193/This week 187 (-6) -2.59%
    Coleen and Vicky fall below the yellow line. Can it be? Will the witch finally go home?!

Again tonight, instead of giving the contestants an hour to discuss, everyone will head to the elimination room to discuss the situation together. I hope Amy sticks with the Black Team and votes Vicky out! Screw the Blue! Hey, I like that motto! The ladies (and Ed) deliberate and talk about their thoughts out loud. Vicky says that she won't be able to lose weight when she goes home because she has 2 kids at home and works 60 hours a week. Excuses. I'm sorry but I just can't stand her.

Michelle votes for Vicky
    Renee votes for Vicky
    Ed votes for Coleen
    Heba votes for Coleen
    Amy votes for Coleen

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!! Amy had another chance to turn this game upside down, but she chickened out. Why didn't she vote out Vicky? Coleen could have been her ally. Vicky is never going to keep Amy over Heba or Ed. Stupid stupid stupid. Sadly, Coleen is eliminated. Coleen is an amazing woman and I really do wish her all the best.

A day after being eliminated, Coleen goes home. Her family goes nuts and they all seem completely shocked. Her dad looks great too! Coleen's boyfriend is there to greet her too. He says it is good to see a real smile on her face. When Coleen started the Biggest Loser, she wore a size 22 pants, and now she wears a size 10. She runs with her dad all the time and can buy clothes right off the rack. Wow, she looks so great. I'm so happy for her.

Next week, Renee and Michelle fight to keep themselves together. It also looks like the contestants get videos from home.

PS- I still don't like Vicky.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 11-19-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 11/18 Biggest Loser Recap: Let's Get Physical

Great recap. You really nailed it when you said halfway through this week's show it turned into a YAWN fest. I have decided not to invest anymore energy thinking about what jerks and how evil Vicky, Heba and Ed are. I'm just going to watch the show to see how much weight comes off and who looks the best at the end.

PS: I suspect, two years from now, Vicky plus her "lap dog" husband and Heba plus her "lap dog" husband will all be heavy again. None of them have changed on the inside, which is the key to being successful.
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch;3237661;
    Great recap. You really nailed it when you said halfway through this week's show it turned into a YAWN fest. I have decided not to invest anymore energy thinking about what jerks and how evil Vicky, Heba and Ed are. I'm just going to watch the show to see how much weight comes off and who looks the best at the end.

PS: I suspect, two years from now, Vicky plus her "lap dog" husband and Heba plus her "lap dog" husband will all be heavy again. None of them have changed on the inside, which is the key to being successful.
    I agree on both. I am looking forward to the finale just to see how good they all look. I do wonder if Vicky will get a large round of applause when she enters though. There will be some because it is required but I bet we will hear the difference.

Great recap! I wonder if anyone likes Vickie. I wonder if people will "boo" when she comes through. I also agree that you eat what you are. I wonder if TBL ever went back and interviewed contestants from the earlier shows-ther than the ones who choose to remain in the public eye.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3240940;
    Great recap! I wonder if anyone likes Vickie. I wonder if people will "boo" when she comes through. I also agree that you eat what you are. I wonder if TBL ever went back and interviewed contestants from the earlier shows-ther than the ones who choose to remain in the public eye.

I would be interested in how many kept the weight off, too. It would be a good special.

And, no, I don't think anyone likes Vicky. I believe some will say yes to the press, if asked because it does not serve them to stir the sleeping dragon or appear bitter. It finished taping so long ago that no one is thinking about her now.

I expect to hear applause when she appears at the finale but only because they have the sign lit. It will be obvious that the others are receiving a stronger hand.

+ Reply to Thread