+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/7/08 Show discussion

FORT Fan

Re: 10/7/08 Show discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3214992;
    Just from what I know of reality TV, I wouldn't be surprised if the member of the pink team crying was caught on camera doing so at some other point in time and they just edited the clip in so it would like like she was crying in response to Jillian's outburst.

I know I'm a cynic. LOL!

I don't think that is what happened, but I was quite upset watching that outburst and seeing Renee cry because of it. (and forgive me for going so deep) but many of the issues these women have are emotional- that is why they eat and don't take care of themselves. Renee chose to leave her husband (which I figured he might have been verbally/emotionally/physically abusive) to her. Jillian yelling at her like that may have brought her back to a place she was trying to get past. I thought Jillian went way over the line to these girls and I can't bear to see it again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3215977;
    I don't think that is what happened, but I was quite upset watching that outburst and seeing Renee cry because of it. (and forgive me for going so deep) but many of the issues these women have are emotional- that is why they eat and don't take care of themselves. Renee chose to leave her husband (which I figured he might have been verbally/emotionally/physically abusive) to her. Jillian yelling at her like that may have brought her back to a place she was trying to get past. I thought Jillian went way over the line to these girls and I can't bear to see it again.
    I agree that Jillian is over the top. But it is not her responsibility to handle or change her style to accomodate indivdual needs. Their emotional baggage is theirs alone to explore and heal. Experiencing life and facing your triggers is part of maturing and becoming a better functioning individual.

Jillian is great in her private talks and that is where they learn to deal with their reactions and feelings. I think she does a good job for the most part.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3216134;
    I agree that Jillian is over the top. But it is not her responsibility to handle or change her style to accomodate indivdual needs. Their emotional baggage is theirs alone to explore and heal. Experiencing life and facing your triggers is part of maturing and becoming a better functioning individual.

Jillian is great in her private talks and that is where they learn to deal with their reactions and feelings. I think she does a good job for the most part.
    I think Jillian is wonderful in private talks and she really has insight to the issues some people need to overcome. However, I thought she was just downright mean to them and I just felt bad for Renee. I too would have been crying because I don't do well with people screaming at me to my face. There is a time and place for everything and I guess what bothered me was that it was being filmed. I know it was good for drama, but these are real people going through an emotional change in thier lives- maybe that little temper tantrum by Jillian should have been dropped on the cutting room floor. Just my opinion though and I respect yours as well.

I was amazed about Jillian sending Amy out because it looked like she was stepping at a pretty good clip-it seemed to me like she was working harder than the other ladies.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3216238;
    I think Jillian is wonderful in private talks and she really has insight to the issues some people need to overcome. However, I thought she was just downright mean to them and I just felt bad for Renee. I too would have been crying because I don't do well with people screaming at me to my face. There is a time and place for everything and I guess what bothered me was that it was being filmed. I know it was good for drama, but these are real people going through an emotional change in thier lives- maybe that little temper tantrum by Jillian should have been dropped on the cutting room floor. Just my opinion though and I respect yours as well.
    They have all watched this show and wanted desperately to get on it. They all knew Jillian's drill sargent style. Most contestants will tell you they want her to be their trainer and some are disappointed to get Bob.

I am willing to lay money down that they are all okay with what they are experiencing. They all praise her, in the end, no matter how difficult the journey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123