+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/7/08 Show discussion

Re: 10/7/08 Show discussion

You guys didn't really miss that much. It was a pretty boring episode, aside from Jillian going bananas on her girls at the very end.

But I really like Amy & Shellay a lot more than I did before. I find them so lovable.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Thanks, MollyMouse, you did the show proud! I have always marvelled at Jillian for her fortitude at getting "to the heart of the reason for overeating". I don't know if I would be one who had to be yelled at or shamed or pummelled to get me to exercise, but she sure does get upset. I hope it's not just for the camera. I almost think it was funny that Jillian sent her away when she was laughing at Jillian's ranting. "I'm going to send you away from exercising because I was yelling at you and you weren't crying or showing me you were upset so I'm going to not let you exercise which is why I was upset in the first place"

It did seem funny, but i think that the reason that she sent her away was because she wasn't serious about doing the excercise in the first place and she didn't want her to bring down the rest of the girls.

I also think it was her way of punishing Amy in the sense that... "you don't want to work hard, then fine. Don't work out at all and end up below the yellow line and get sent home."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fan

All of the girls were acting like they couldn't care less about what Jillian was saying. All of them said they didn't do the "homework," and all of them had the same blank stares on their faces. To me, the whole scene seemed like a setup. Really, is this the same Amy who gutted out 105 minutes holding onto that bar just for a package from home? Is this the same Coleen who has busted her behind in the gym and on the challenges every other time they've shown her? Personally I saw the whole thing as being staged so that the producers could give Jillian a platform for throwing a fit.

I rather agree with MomAt40Pls ..... Jillian's rants didn't seem to really faze any of the girls ... they just sort of stared at her and kept trudging on their treadmills and stairmasters with a look on their faces of "Well, we're working out NOW, so what's the big deal?"

FORT Fanatic

Thanks, Molly! I teach on Tuesday nights and I forgot to ask My Honey to record it for me. I just went to iTunes to buy it and wondered why it was only 42 minutes long. I'll just watch the rest of the episode tonight and not worry about watching Part A since Crossing Guard said it was boring.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;3214242;
    I rather agree with MomAt40Pls ..... Jillian's rants didn't seem to really faze any of the girls ... they just sort of stared at her and kept trudging on their treadmills and stairmasters with a look on their faces of "Well, we're working out NOW, so what's the big deal?"
    One of the pink team cried. I think they were taken back by her outburst, bascially telling them there were useless. Not sure what would have been a more appropriate response. I would have just watched her impassively, as well.

Not a good way to motivate. Tell your team that you preferred last season and looking forward to season 7? Why would they want to work out to please a trainer who hates them? She crosses the line of emotional abuse way too often.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3214370;
    One of the pink team cried.
    Just from what I know of reality TV, I wouldn't be surprised if the member of the pink team crying was caught on camera doing so at some other point in time and they just edited the clip in so it would like like she was crying in response to Jillian's outburst.

I know I'm a cynic. LOL!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;3214992;
    Just from what I know of reality TV, I wouldn't be surprised if the member of the pink team crying was caught on camera doing so at some other point in time and they just edited the clip in so it would like like she was crying in response to Jillian's outburst.

I know I'm a cynic. LOL!
    You are probably right. I lost my perspective there for a minute. Thanks for bringing me back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast