Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Phillip - The Biggest Loser: Families

FORT Newbie

Re: Phillip - The Biggest Loser: Families

well considering I have been looking for the same results as these guys on the shows, its clear that if I was to actually spend 6 hours a day working out I'd get them. Makes me feel like there is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyleas;3263552;
    well considering I have been looking for the same results as these guys on the shows, its clear that if I was to actually spend 6 hours a day working out I'd get them. Makes me feel like there is hope.
    And if you spent 2 hours a day working out (and eating right), you could still get the results - it would just take longer. There is hope!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crazyleas;3263552;
    These guys eat 1800 calories a day and burn 6000. How realistic would that be to maintain for you???

I'm thinking OTiS' option is much more likely.

FORT Fogey

I decided to stop whining about the 40 pounds I have to lose (horrified to learn since I thought I was 30 lbs over!). I started eating 1000-1200 calories a day and taking 2 one hour walks. I have lost 12 pounds in 18 days. 28 pounds to go! I am going to do this instead of just watching this show.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3271772;
    I decided to stop whining about the 40 pounds I have to lose (horrified to learn since I thought I was 30 lbs over!). I started eating 1000-1200 calories a day and taking 2 one hour walks. I have lost 12 pounds in 18 days. 28 pounds to go! I am going to do this instead of just watching this show.
    I need to lose about 30 pounds and intended to join a gym (just to use the treadmill) and for my husband to workout. I wanted to join when this new show started and see how it worked out for me. Then I got sick and spent last week in the hospital and still feel lousy. I'm going to join and hope that I can at least walk a mile or two a day. That, plus cutting back on the calories may help me get started and then when I'm over this pneumonia maybe I can walk more, and faster, and get the weight off! Or, if I have to have surgery for another problem (gallbladder), maybe I will lose some weight during all that. I'll bet I lost a little last week because I didn't eat anything from Sunday until Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3272104;
    I need to lose about 30 pounds and intended to join a gym (just to use the treadmill) and for my husband to workout. I wanted to join when this new show started and see how it worked out for me. Then I got sick and spent last week in the hospital and still feel lousy. I'm going to join and hope that I can at least walk a mile or two a day. That, plus cutting back on the calories may help me get started and then when I'm over this pneumonia maybe I can walk more, and faster, and get the weight off! Or, if I have to have surgery for another problem (gallbladder), maybe I will lose some weight during all that. I'll bet I lost a little last week because I didn't eat anything from Sunday until Thursday.
    I hope you feel better soon! Have you considered buying a treadmill for home? I used to have one and would walk while I watched tv. I now have an elliptical, but it is not near a tv. My Wii Fit is fun too.

I have 15lbs to go, and hope to due it by the time summer comes. I just need to get myself motivated
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

If you are trying to get into a exercise program I would recommend getting a treadmill or elliptical too! You can find a machine (good used ones) on craigslist.com for less than $500. I bought my latest treadmill for 150 used and it is fantastic (and I'm a runner so I pound on it). Trust me, gym memberships are great but they are expensive and it is easier to come home and knock out 30 mins than drive to the gym, often wait for a freaking piece of equipment, then get your stuff together and drive home (that is a good 1-2 hour routine). Plus, gyms are freaking expensive--even if they have a special, you usually sign a contract and end up paying a lot more than you would buying, say, a used treadmill. For example, even with a promotion special, I payed $40/month for two years at my local gold's gym--that totals 960 bucks! I could have bought a new treadmill or three used pieces of equipment! Whatever you choose to do, however, best of luck... I just thought I would throw my experiences out there in the small hope/chance that it might be helpful...
    Again, good luck!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123