Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillip - The Biggest Loser: Families

Re: Phillip - The Biggest Loser: Families

i was humored about Phil when at the beginning, he was doing quiet trash talk. I think it was the first week. I thought to myself, ok, he's a game player. Then Heba reacted sooooo violently to what he supposedly said to Brady (and I believe that Brady agreed w/Phil and possibly egged him on), and then Heba and Vicki bullied the other people in the house so that everyone was afraid to double cross them. Man, just for that alone, I wish I was in the house so that I could have gotten back in their face. It was ok for Heba to interrupt Phil when he and his team was eating dinner and to go on and on about "betrayal", but turn your cheek and you go bullistic?! Phil was a gentleman compared to the others, in my book. He trash talked, but he didn't go for the jugular like they did.

FORT Fogey

Re: Vicky -The Biggest Loser: Families

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3250382;
    I didn't see him as a jerk. I saw Heba as a controlling bully type. That was when I realized just how nasty she could be. It's a game. He didn't have to play by her rules. Yes, it bit him in the butt, however, she was the catalyst for that whole situation.
    I think, for me, is that I was triggered by his not responding to a direct question. I go balastic when that happens to me in real life. We all have a filter and hard wiring that creates different reactions. I have a very real aversion to Phil. Not fond of Heba either and that is what surprised me when I rewatched that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250413;
    I think, for me, is that I was triggered by his not responding to a direct question. I go balastic when that happens to me in real life. We all have a filter and hard wiring that creates different reactions.
    I agree with you to a point. I can understand Heba's reaction to him at that moment because he wouldn't answer her when she barked. But she had created the need for that scenario.

Sitting where we are sitting now, I can't see being angry at Phil because we saw that the reason he didn't speak is because his mouth was full of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and he was trying to keep the fact that he was eating away from Heba. That was the point of that game... whoever ate more calories got to choose the teams. So who would expect him to give away the fact that he was eating? He was trying to win, just like she was (and did.) Heba was angriest because Phil didn't just not eat and let her win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3250421;
    I agree with you to a point. I can understand Heba's reaction to him at that moment because he wouldn't answer her when she barked. But she had created the need for that scenario.
    Oh yes, I get this. It was ME who was triggered. LOL!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3250408;
    i was humored about Phil when at the beginning, he was doing quiet trash talk. I think it was the first week. I thought to myself, ok, he's a game player. Then Heba reacted sooooo violently to what he supposedly said to Brady (and I believe that Brady agreed w/Phil and possibly egged him on), and then Heba and Vicki bullied the other people in the house so that everyone was afraid to double cross them. Man, just for that alone, I wish I was in the house so that I could have gotten back in their face. It was ok for Heba to interrupt Phil when he and his team was eating dinner and to go on and on about "betrayal", but turn your cheek and you go bullistic?! Phil was a gentleman compared to the others, in my book. He trash talked, but he didn't go for the jugular like they did.
    Phil strikes me as someone who talks too much and then plays the victim when someone calls him on it.
    His wife asked him not to go in the kitchen, but no he had to go in there and start all that drama in front of everyone. He put a lot of people, who weren't even involved and didn't even know what was going on, in a very uncomfortable situation. It changed everyone's mood and poor Stacy cried.

Had Phil been a true gentlemen, he would have ignored the juvinelle comment, or taken Vicky aside and had that conversation. He was showing off and when they started arguing and no one backed him up, he backed off and played the victim.

I think Heba's reaction to Phil is a little deeper than the incident with Brady. In one of his interviews he says he and Heba got into a fight at the Grand Canyon (which the powers that be neglected to show us... hmmm... perhaps Phil got a nice guy edit) and everything went down hill from there.

I still question whether everyone was as angry at Phil as we were led to believe since he and Brady were able to talk about Heba (who he admitted to make some "off the cuff" remarks about) and game play that day. I mean wouldn't enemies avoid each other? It kind of makes me wonder what all the animosity is really about.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by realLAgrl;3251128;
    Phil strikes me as someone who talks too much and then plays the victim when someone calls him on it.
    His wife asked him not to go in the kitchen, but no he had to go in there and start all that drama in front of everyone. He put a lot of people, who weren't even involved and didn't even know what was going on, in a very uncomfortable situation. It changed everyone's mood and poor Stacy cried.

Had Phil been a true gentlemen, he would have ignored the juvinelle comment, or taken Vicky aside and had that conversation. He was showing off and when they started arguing and no one backed him up, he backed off and played the victim.

I think Heba's reaction to Phil is a little deeper than the incident with Brady. In one of his interviews he says he and Heba got into a fight at the Grand Canyon (which the powers that be neglected to show us... hmmm... perhaps Phil got a nice guy edit) and everything went down hill from there.

I still question whether everyone was as angry at Phil as we were led to believe since he and Brady were able to talk about Heba (who he admitted to make some "off the cuff" remarks about) and game play that day. I mean wouldn't enemies avoid each other? It kind of makes me wonder what all the animosity is really about.
    Phil and Brady were not enemies. They were on the same team until the challenge when Heba sent Phil to the Black team.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3252117;
    Phil and Brady were not enemies. They were on the same team until the challenge when Heba sent Phil to the Black team.
    I have to disagree, by that time Vicki and Brady had already started complaining about Phil and calling him sneaky. The incident on the basketball didn't happen until after the challenge, and Phil had been traded to the black team.

All I have to say about Phil at the finale is WOW! What a hottie!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

He really had the most dramatic change of the whole group. He lost not only pounds, but lost about 15 yrs.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by realLAgrl;3252145;
    I have to disagree, by that time Vicki and Brady had already started complaining about Phil and calling him sneaky. The incident on the basketball didn't happen until after the challenge, and Phil had been traded to the black team.

Yes, they were on opposite teams at the time of the basketball court incident but they were shooting hoops together. I just doubted the word enemy. Phil was sneaky in that one challenge but it was set up to be a sneaky thing. They were supposed to skulk around in the dark and eat or not. I don't like either one of them, really.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast