Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Vicky -The Biggest Loser: Families

FORT Newbie

Re: Vicky -The Biggest Loser: Families

I don't like her, BUT I do feel a bit sorry for her with the editing and the national attention. I tend to be a somewhat abrasive personality and have my share of potty mouth moments. I also have great moments and nice personality traits, but if a team of cameramen followed me for 3 months straight during an emotional, competitive and difficult time (I get ugly when I'm dieting! LOL) and edited what came out of my mouth with an agenda, I'd look worse than Omarosa. I don't think I'm worse than Omarosa 24/7 but I certainly have my moments. If I was doing a competition like this with my child (I'm single so a spouse reference wouldn't work) and someone sent her home, I'd be pissed and angry and ugly too. So, while I don't think she's the type I'd want to spend a great deal of time with or work with, I don't think she's 100% evil or unpleasant, I think she just provided the editors with great junk to make her look bad. I still can't figure out why they've suddenly done a 180 and are making Heba look so sweet and wonderful after the B*tch she was with Phillip and Amy P. I don't believe for a moment that once Phil was off campus, she was suddenly sweet as sugar. Maybe her husband being back toned her down a bit, but I dislike her as much as I dislike Vicky. I just don't buy the spin completely. Only Omarosa is a B*tch 24/7!

I don't buy the editing excuse. Big Brother is the best show to see what they do with editing if you watch the live feeds. I totally believe that they can make a horrible person look good in the edit. I saw it in BB6 with Maggie. They can also make a good person look bad too but not as bad as they're making Vicky look. I really believe that this is the real Vicky. It's not editing that's making her look devious. She's been very blatant in her interviews about her sneakiness. Look at the 2 football challenges last week.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

The Biggest Villain on 'Biggest Loser'
    By Liz Coughlin & Angela Chen

People are buzzing about a contestant on "The Biggest Loser: Families" -- but not for reasons you might think. Her name is Vicky and, to put it bluntly, she scares us.

Reality TV is known for its nasty villains. From Omarosa to Richard Hatch to most of the groupies on "Rock of Love," the evil reality contestants out to win at any cost always make a show more interesting. But for the most part, "Biggest Loser" has been immune to that type of player. Sure, some contestants have worked the system (like Neil sabotaging his team by drinking gallons of water prior to the weigh-in), but typically "Biggest Loser" contestants are more focused on their own difficult transformations than plotting the demise of their competition.

Vicky may have started out as somewhat quiet (she even claimed to be overshadowed by her husband Brady), but later, as she gained confidence, the real Vicky emerged.

FIVE REASONS WHY VICKY IS BAD NEWS:

1. Bob, the ever-positive Blue Team trainer, commented early on that she was the "most conniving person" he'd seen on the show. To be honest, we hadn't noticed, but let's just say that if Bob has something negative to say about someone, we pay attention.

2. Vicky boasted that her team lost a challenge because the prize wasn't worth it. Talk about poor sportsmanship! Whether the prize is good enough for you or not, at least make an effort -- it's an additional workout, dummy.

3. In recent episodes Vicky started making faces during weigh-ins, and even worse, she started to openly mock Philip when he spoke, even when he was on the scale. That's crossing the line. When someone steps on that giant scale, awaiting their fate each week, it is a moment that must be respected.

4. Even Vicky's alliance pal Ed warned cameras that if you cross her "she'll claw your eyes out." When Amy C. voted Brady off two weeks ago, Vicky totally lost it. She cursed about Amy during her confessionals, posted a "revenge" sign on her bedroom door, ignored Amy altogether, and vowed to knock her out of the competition. And Amy was Vicky's teammate! Then when Amy saved Vicky from elimination the next week (because she felt so guilty about Brady), Vicky returned the favor by sending Amy packing the moment Amy was on the chopping block. Apparently Vicky is a 37-year-old woman with the mentality of a mean 13-year-old girl.

5. When football legends Jerry Rice and Steve Young stopped by for a challenge where the prize was a charitable donation, Vicky was still in 100% scheme-mode. She figured that the challenge twist would be that they'd have to run the course twice, and the winner would be the one with the most improved time. So she WALKED the first time, with Jerry and Steve shouting encouragements from the sidelines while she lied to them about being embarrassingly slow. She was correct about the twist and of course she ran the second time and won the challenge, but there was no way the win was worth it. Talk about a lack of respect for yourself, your peers, and Steve and Jerry. We were disgusted.

Vicky has been successful at losing weight, and she just might win the whole thing. But she is on a national stage displaying some truly ugly qualities -- greed, selfishness, and a complete lack of respect and compassion. Her antics might be fun on a show focused on outwitting the competition, but they're definitely out of place on "The Biggest Loser."
    Link

I don't buy the editing defense, either. I think Vicky is conniving, sneaky, underhanded...she knows exactly what she is doing. Take last night, for example. I don't buy for a second that she was petrified and couldn't let go and drop into the water. She knew she wasn't going to win, but she still wanted it all to be about her, so she staged this melodramatic "Oh, I'm too afraid" shtick so, once again, she could be the focus of attention and steal some of Michelle's well-earned thunder.

I SO hope Vicky is part of the "America's Choice" vote and then is the one that DOESN'T get voted in to the finale...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3244838;
    I don't buy the editing defense, either. I think Vicky is conniving, sneaky, underhanded...she knows exactly what she is doing. Take last night, for example. I don't buy for a second that she was petrified and couldn't let go and drop into the water. She knew she wasn't going to win, but she still wanted it all to be about her, so she staged this melodramatic "Oh, I'm too afraid" shtick so, once again, she could be the focus of attention and steal some of Michelle's well-earned thunder.

I SO hope Vicky is part of the "America's Choice" vote and then is the one that DOESN'T get voted in to the finale...
    I do too.

I think vicki is going to win this whole thing. I think we are "being conditioned" now into seeing her. Just like yahoo had her on their front page.... now yahoo has her on their front page AGAIN. this time with her new ugly red hair makeover. Yep, she's the one that is gonna win it, that's why she is getting the sudden attention.
    Profit's not a dirty word.

FORT Fogey

Editing only goes so far. People say what they say, and that shines through. Bob was being nice when he described Vicki as conniving. I'm sure he struggled to find a word that wasn't derogatory but which came close to describing his real assessment. Blech! This woman is everything I don't want my kids to turn into as adults.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyBaby;3244927;
    I think vicki is going to win this whole thing. I think we are "being conditioned" now into seeing her. Just like yahoo had her on their front page.... now yahoo has her on their front page AGAIN. this time with her new ugly red hair makeover. Yep, she's the one that is gonna win it, that's why she is getting the sudden attention.
    Since the finale is live no one knows who will win. Vicky is getting attention for bad behavior. She makes a story. If no one on this show stood out in any news worthy way there would be no article on Biggest Loser. They would find someone else to write about.

Vicky is definately a contender; she and Michele will have a close race. Michele is the likely winner, though. Vicky is going to have a huge struggle eating well and that is key. She does not eat vegetables. Right there, you have a problem.

What a shame that we couldn't vote her out. I feel bad, but I hope she doesn't win. She is a poor excuse of a human being. In my book, it's just as important how you play the game as if you win.

This is so silly, but I really hate how Vicki runs. She doesn't make a fist so her wrists and hands just flap away like a T-Rex.

And her new red hair is not flattering, imo. It's too dark and looks harsh against her skin tone.

Closed Thread