+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

Re: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

That being said, I'd still be annoyed that yet another biggest actual loser does not get a chance to compete in the finals. I'm torn.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I voted for Roger

1-For some reason I dont like either one of the girls
    2-I think Roger still has enough weight to lose to win it over them

I think that the reason they might have lost so much weight is that the Sydney scale was off...last week we could not believe how they lost so little after doing the triatholon and tonight we were shocked by their weight loss...but if you take into account that maybe the Sydney scale was calibrated differently - that could account for the bigger weight losses this week...

also I bet they didn't eat before the weigh in...in the past that would not benefit you b/c another weigh in was coming in a week but in this case when you had months before your next weigh in - not eating would not hurt you...

I voted for Mark - but it was a very hard decision for me - I could have voted for Kelly or Alli without batting an eye but I fell in love with both Mark and Roger...

Roger is a big teddy bear all around great guy
    Mark in my opinion grew the most through the process...he wasn't the guy who had to win at all costs anymore - which he showed when he tied with Alli in the triatholon...he allowed himself to face his issues and isn't the angry fat guy anymore...which is why ultimately he got my vote...

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Hmm. It doesn't actually say whether you are voting to keep or eliminate... I don't like that at all. I'd vote to keep Roger, but I'm not sure I'd not be voting against him.

The thing about Roger is that he started out with sooooo much to lose. More than the other contestants. He started out weighing almost 100 pounds more than Mark. I think he has always had the potential to have huge losses because of that. I'm not saying in any way that he hasn't worked his butt off. They all have and all deserve a place in the finals.

It would be nice if they calculated their loss percentage based on how overweight they were when they started, so that the competition would be more fair.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;2904924;
    Hmm. It doesn't actually say whether you are voting to keep or eliminate... I don't like that at all. I'd vote to keep Roger, but I'm not sure I'd not be voting against him.
    I think it does. The website says this:
    "For the first time in The Biggest Loser history, YOU will vote on who will compete and be at the Live Finale! Two players fell below the yellow line and YOU help decide which one returns as part of the final 3 for the Live Finale."

You are deciding which one RETURNS, so the vote is who you want to keep!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;2904924;
    This is what is says on the Biggest Loser site
    For the first time in The Biggest Loser history, YOU will vote on who will compete and be at the Live Finale! Two players fell below the yellow line and YOU help decide which one returns as part of the final 3 for the Live Finale.
    To me that means who I vote for will compete in the finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

It only says you will help decide who returns. You could accomplish that by eliminating one contestant... which is what is usually done week to week.

It seems too grey to me. And it leaves them completely open for the producers to pick whoever the heck they want. So, if I had some cash, I'd lay my bets on Mark being in the finale.
    They want a female winner as much as most of the viewing audience... those who they've spent all season telling us are the underdogs (they weren't).
    They're trying to set up a real grand finale.
    Cynical, huh?

Eh. Doesn't matter anyhow. I missed the most important instruction: AMERICA votes. Not Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2904717;
    Awesome! I'm so happy for those girls!
    me too! I didn't want another woman to leave!

+ Reply to Thread