+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

Re: 4/8 show discussion **spoilers**

You're right, OTS - the heavier you lift, the more bulk you build. If you switch to lighter weights and increase repetitions, you'll still tone and sculpt, and lose weight (if you continue to follow a strict eating plan and do cardio). Increasing cardio and decreasing heavy lifting is a great strategy for the finale.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    You say you are 'supposed' to be 4 pounds lower, but 'supposed to' according to which authority? If you feel great, are are in great health & can wear a 6, I think you are right where you are supposed to be. Regardless of what the ladies on the beach said. But maybe you were so sensitized to that that you view 120 as the perfect weight for anyone your height, which I assume Ali is. That doesn't mean that she too needs to go to 120.
    Hello again, hikari!

My ideal weight is considered to be 121. However, I find 125 to be the perfect weight for me individually. I was thinner at the time, but 125 or a couple higher or lower just feels good to me.
    I just read that Alli's doctor suggested that she "should" lose another 10 lbs, (she's 131) but I think that is extreme. I think she could lose that weight and be fine, but she "should"? I hope the doctor has valid reasons for that!

You know, I totally agree with you that North America are screwed up when it comes to weight and food, and that it goes to both extremes. I can't see it being beat though, the junk food industry and diet and weight loss industries are HUGE. And money do make the world go around, unfortunately.

Oh, just for the record, I'm not frightened of carrying an extra 10 lbs. Did for many years, but I'm more atheletic and eat better now, so it kind of just natural that my weight dropped. But, you are right, people obsess about those "last five pounds", but I think it's driven by the media and weight loss industry and the images we see in the media.

And, I should add, I know a LOT of people who would be considered "overweight" by the "healthy weight standards" but are fabulous looking, healthy people. My responses earlier were in response to people my weight being (insert all previous insults). It kind of got my hackles up!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;2912879;
    I just read that Alli's doctor suggested that she "should" lose another 10 lbs, (she's 131) but I think that is extreme. I think she could lose that weight and be fine, but she "should"? I hope the doctor has valid reasons for that!
    I totally agree 110%. The key isn't could she but really should she.

+ Reply to Thread