+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

CCL

Re: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2889117;
    It's kind of interesting that Mark's terror of heights apparently vanishes when he's on a tiny little puddle-jumper plane. That doesn't seem a great deal more secure than the bridge, but perhaps the seatbelt gives him a sense of safety he didn't feel with the thinnest of rope railings on the bridge.
    Mark said he was afraid of bridges. He said he avoided going over them and that he even closed his eyes when he drove over them (wouldn't want to be driving near him when he did that, if he does indeed do that). He never said he was afraid of heights. Jay mentioned being afraid of heights.

Honestly, I don't think that Mark's wife was being mean when she made the comment about him crying again. It sounded like one of those comments you make to your loved ones - maybe if someone else said it it would sound snarky, but coming from someone close to you, you know they're just kidding or don't mean it in a mean way. And I honestly don't see anything between Ali and Mark.

I think Jay looks nice but Mark does look a bit wizened, particularly when he smiles. He's already passed his goal weight and I do think he looked better face-wise a couple weeks back. So maybe when his weight stabilizes he will look better.

I agree with hikari that the challenge this week was really good (and tough!). I liked how the random woman runner was encouraging Kelly to soldier on. That was nice.

I thought it was known/understood that Bob was gay? (Not that there's anything wrong with that, to quote Seinfeld). I've not watched any previous season, but I know that others have mentioned he was more "smurfy/zen-like" in previous seasons. I liked him more early on in the season, now I just find him okay. And I started off not really liking Jillian, and now I like her more. But, really, I think they are both good trainers and good people.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-02-2008 at 10:00 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2888551;
    It seems like Mark has shed some of his hard-man characteristics along with the weight. Loved how his wife called him out on all the crying.
    "CRY" on THREE! "CRY" on THREE! 1-2-3 "CRY"!

FORT Fanatic

Very cute PugMum!

Does anyone else get tired of the obvious commercials? You know like the extra gum and the ziploc bags?

[/QUOTE]
    I thought it was known/understood that Bob was gay? (Not that there's anything wrong with that, to quote Seinfeld). I've not watched any previous season, but I know that others have mentioned he was more "smurfy/zen-like" in previous seasons. I liked him more early on in the season, now I just find him okay. And I started off not really liking Jillian, and now I like her more. But, really, I think they are both good trainers and good people.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't on this board when Bob was christened "Papa Smurf", but I always understood that to be a reference to him leading the Blue teams with a gentler, 'wholistic' cuddly approach as opposed to Mistress Jillian's more in-your-face sadistic approach. More marshmallow granola, less poison nails. Those stark lines have been blurred a lot this season, as we have been treated to seeing Jill's softer vulnerable side, and Bob's cutthroat, therapy-bashing win-at-all-costs weenie side. Then again, I never did follow the Smurfs either--is the patriarch openly gay? Seems kinda doubtful for a 1980s animated children's program, 'less there's some sneaky gay agenda there I never knew about.

I did have a chuckle the other night when he had his boys on the yoga mats--a return to his Zen roots that we really haven't seen all this season.

I assume if it was common knowledge that Bob preferred certain dance clubs that he wouldn't have such a lustful female following here. But I could be wrong . . . I have a very attractive next-door neighbor who is gay, but that doesn't stop me from wishing "if only . . ."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    I did have a chuckle the other night when he had his boys on the yoga mats--a return to his Zen roots that we really haven't seen all this season.
    We did once at least. Bob was gushing over Trent's flexibility and ability to do the poses. It was AMAZING to see a man that big, and a football player no less, touch his toes and such.

I always empathize with the people left behind. Their spouse goes off to have this wonderful experience, and change their lives, and nothing changes for those at home. Well, except now they are running a household and quite often raising the kids all on their own for a couple of months. I hope the contestants really recognize the sacrifices the spouses have made for them and give them special treatment. I hope..

As for the crying, it drives me nuts too. My husband said, "what is this? Sophie's choice?" It really gets ridiculous. That said, I try to understand it a bit... all the contestants are going through incredible changes in their lives, they feel like new people, and are probably on a rollercoaster of emotions from everything they are going through at the ranch and being away from home.

Still, it gets to feeling ridiculous.

FORT Regular

the best thing about the show for me is watching the trainers train.
    getting tips from the trainers.
    getting motivated from the trainers.
    i understand when they go home they would have bob and jillian.
    So can I come to the campus and they can train me?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

pugmom--very funny!
    Hikari--excellent analysis. You could see at the fashion show that at least two of the wives could have used a "couples" trip to TBL. Even then, even though their husbands seemed very glad to see them, I worried about how that was going to play out.
    Someone asked what they showed at the end when Jay went home.... reunioning with his kids and wife... his daughter has some kind of syndrome I've never heard of before and didn't catch the name of.. Wilkens??-Gilmmmm??? something. Really, just remember there were two names in the name. She seemed to have some kind of slight lisp, but don't know if that was related. Jay was talking about organizing a 10K race to raise money for research on it. Did anyone else catch the name of the syndrome? Then they showed a somewhat later shot of him, quite a bit thinner, maybe another 20 or 30 lbs., and it also had a brief shot of his wife exercising with barbells and she looked thinner as well (whew!) and happy.
    During the show Ali was obsessing before they went out dancing about her arms... which looked fine as Kelly pointed out (if I were Kelly I'd have been biting my tongue a bit there....after all Kelly looks a lot better, but she hasn't gotten to "hot" yet). What I did notice about Ali was when she got out of the water from the swim and started running up the stairs in her bathing suit there was a lot of backfat/skin flapping in the breeze...so if she wants to obsess that's what she should worry about! According to what we've read she's about 5'4" and on the show weighed nearly 150 lbs. I don't know where she's put it,as she looks fine, but by the books she could easily lose another 30lbs or even 35 w/o being in danger of being too thin.

Did anyone see next weeks' preview how America will vote who will be the third in the final?

I wasn't sure if I heard it right.

TIA

You did hear right, but we're not sure how it's going to play out just yet.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shaigirl90;2893898;
    Did anyone see next weeks' preview how America will vote who will be the third in the final?

I wasn't sure if I heard it right.

TIA

I heard that too.

+ Reply to Thread