+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2887212;
    It's the only way they could handle Bob and Jillian needing to stay in Australia to film their version of the show. They couldn't very well have the contestants stay in Australia for two full weeks... I'm sure they couldn't afford that.

This season came along much faster than most. I'm betting they had to find some way of making it fit in with a predetermined Australia schedule. Unfortunately, this is one of the results.
    And they've had to work SO hard on both this AND the Aussie show (which you can view in its entirety on YouTube if you'd like) to TOTALLY avoid showing the contestants meeting each other on camera, when they've often been occupying the same houses at the same time! Heck, given that they only show us a small percentage of their work-out time, they've probably worked out together too.

The thing is, spending time without the trainers actually works well as a dramatic device, except well... we know there are other reasons than a dramatic edit for it.

Ali should have the advantage I guess. Sure she still worked with a trainer outside, but I doubt it was full time. Then again, having lost the most weight this last week, maybe that will be a handicap, while Mark and Roger get huge numbers.

And I have NO idea who America at large would vote to bring to the finale. My assumption is that the two biggest losers get an automatic pass, and the two smallest losers don't. And then America chooses between those two. But to help the time catch up BOTH of them keep working out during the gap, and only at the finale do they (and we) find out who the third finalist is.

My guess is that Roger and Mark are the two BLs, and the choice is between Kelly and Ali. And its totally unpredictable who America would pick. They probably empathize more with Kelly, but admire Ali more.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

i was thinking all night about this....
    both brothers did yoga, and the girls did hard cardio.
    do you think yoga is not a great last chance work out.
    i am not saying yoga is not a bad exercise, i have done yoga, its a great workout.
    but as a last chance , day before weigh in, is yoga not the best compared to hard cardio.
    or do you think the brothers just stalled?
    thanks for all your opinions.

I honestly don't think those Last Chance workout do more than sweat a last pound out of them.

Then again, if someone wins by a pound, that might make a difference.

To me, Yoga has a place in a workout schedule, but its more to loosen up and condition you than to take off big numbers. I'd imagine the Yoga doing the most good at the beginning of a workout cycle rather than near the end.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I thought the show was great last night. I think the emotions were running a little bit high-imagine both brothers gaining weight. Maybe their bodies thought it was time to go home. Big kudos to Jay for being the man and letting his brother stay. I thought he needed to stay, myself, but who knows. Could it be that they were building muscle mass out of fat mass and that's why they gained the pound?

FORT Fogey

I am confused about what is going to happen next week, I missed the show. There are four left and the viewers are going to choose one of the three for the finale. The way the other two are chosen will be the two with the most percentage of loss?

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by bdhtexas;2887295;
    America is not the fattest country in the World and Australia is not #2.

Fattest Countries in the World — Infoplease.com

USA is # 9
    Australia is not even in the top 20
    Bob said that Australia was the second fattest continent, after the US. So not only does Bob have to check his facts, apparently, he also has to check his knowledge of geography.

I agree that it was stupid of them to fly the contestants over for one week and then back to the US the next week. It clearly affected their weight loss this week and it probably will next week, too. And I don't like the idea of Bob and Jillian not being there next week. I know it is because they were busy doing the Australian show at the same time but it's just too bad they couldn't push back the Australian version a couple of weeks, or film the American version earlier.

It seems like Mark has shed some of his hard-man characteristics along with the weight. Loved how his wife called him out on all the crying.

The elimination was sad as I quite liked Jay. Oh well.

The winner of the Australian show was cute.
    Last edited by CCL; 04-02-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsenblues;2887980;
    i was thinking all night about this....
    both brothers did yoga, and the girls did hard cardio.
    do you think yoga is not a great last chance work out.
    i am not saying yoga is not a bad exercise, i have done yoga, its a great workout.
    but as a last chance , day before weigh in, is yoga not the best compared to hard cardio.
    or do you think the brothers just stalled?
    thanks for all your opinions.

I also thought that it was the wrong time to being doing the yoga, they knew that this week would be difficult since their regular routine had changed so much. I think the yoga should have been done at a different time, I know it is good exercise, but this was just the wrong time.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar;2886801;
    Mark leaves brunch to call Erica. He cries when talking to her because he misses her and feels he has changed so much. She says "Are you crying again? You need to toughen up." My goodness. What a horrible lack of support. No wonder he's feeling so much more comfortable with the others in the competition. They understand the emotional journey he's been on. His wife clearly doesn't.
    Me? I about fell off of my bed laughing when she said that to him. I don't think she was showing a lack of support or a lack of understanding. I think Mark's great, but his blubbering is a little over the top, and I cringed when he and Jay were both up for elimination. Thankfully I was able to skip through the tears since I DVR'd it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bdhtexas;2887295;
    America is not the fattest country in the World and Australia is not #2.

Fattest Countries in the World — Infoplease.com

USA is # 9
    Australia is not even in the top 20
    Yeah, but let's consider the relative populations of the top 10 countries. I would be willing to bet that the number of people represented in the 74.1 % of the US population that are overweight is significantly higher than the combined populations of the top 8 countries in this list - Nauru, Federated States of Micronesia, Cook Islands, Tonga, Niue, Samoa, Palau, and Kuwait.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar;2886725;

Mark says "the only things that sucks about this whole experience is not getting to share it with Erica" (or something like that). Glad he said it. Still worries me how touchy feely he and Ali are.
    That bothered me too. I use to like Ali and wanted the final four to be her, Jay, Mark, and Roger. However, I have grown to dislike her over the past 2 shows or so. Unfortunately, I have a feeling she is going to be in the final 3.

+ Reply to Thread