+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Mark says he was willing to make the sacrifice to save his brother from having to be eliminated, because he knows what it feels like. But since his brother wanted to do it, he's not going to stop him.

I wonder what Jay's wife will say when she realizes he volunteered to go this close to finals and $250,000.

Although if the brothers had let the other 3 decide, I think they would have eliminated Jay since he has more left to lose.

FORT Regular

jay is voted off. a lot of crying.

FORT Regular

great show.

FORT Fan

Stop with the blubbering for crying outloud. He's being voted off a reality TV show. He's not dying, you'll see him in a couple of weeks!

FORT Fan

You know, I respect the crying. It shows growth.

It's never bothered me and I cannot for the life of me understand why people give the guys such a hard time for showing emotion. It's not like this in many European countries.

We want boys/men to be thoughtful and sensitive to their wives, but god forbid they cry. Then they need to toughen up. Why not go all the way and have them be macho [mod edit] who beat people up?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-02-2008 at 12:35 AM.

FORT Fan

I saw Jay walk into his house. He brought his wife flowers and she thinks he's a hottie. He does look great.

Then I missed the final moments. Who saw what happened after he saw his kids? How much does he weigh now?

FORT Fan

Next week the final four are back on campus for their last week before finals. Only three will make it. One will be cut. This week they will have to train alone. They will be at the ranch without Bob and Jillian.

In my opinion, this is a stupid twist. They are on their own without Bob and Jillian after they leave when they are preparing for finals night, and afterwards in the rest of their lives. Why have them without Bob and Jillian now? What does this provide other than "never been done before" drama? Dumb dumb dumb.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsenblues;2887066;
    great show.
    It really was, wasn't it?

I think, actually, that this has been my favorite season so far. First, because we're rid of Kim.

Second, because I don't think in any other season I've seen contestants bond like this. They really care about each other. They care about the goals others have set, and they understand each other's health concerns, prior limitations, and fears. They try to build each other up and help each other become physically and emotionally stronger. What a great group of people they picked. Go casting team, and go contestants. I'm proud of you all.

I really hope they do couples' seasons often in the future. I think it helps with the bonding and makes these individuals care about someone other than themselves in the game.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar;2887093;
    You know, I respect the crying. It shows growth.

It's never bothered me and I cannot for the life of me understand why people give the guys such a hard time for showing emotion. It's not like this in many European countries.

We want boys/men to be thoughtful and sensitive to their wives, but god forbid they cry. Then they need to toughen up. Why not go all the way and have them be macho a$$holes who beat people up?
    I have no problem with men or women showing emotion but it''s ridiculous when it's a reality show about wieght loss and they will see each other again shortly (Jay and Mark) and they carry on like they are sending someone off to war and will never see them again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsenblues;2887066;
    great show.
    I agree too. For some reason, I really like the couples concept. Or maybe it is just this particular group of players that has really, really, REALLY good juju.

With a few exceptions, it seems like this group rewards those who really try. They advance those who demonstrate need ot drive which I think is the by far and away, the best way to play a game like this.

I am especially impressed by Kelly. She seemed emotionally weak at the beginning of the show and really didn't hit a weight loss stride until middle of the game. She seems quietly strong somehow. She's actually lost a TON of weight and her confidence is growing each day.

I like all of them. Their sportsmanship and comaraderie was exemplary during the triathalon. I love how Ally and Mark are "in the zone" together and how Mark wanted to share the victory with a teammate.

I like how the players who crossed the finish line went back to encourage Kelly on to the end.

For all his crying, I think Mark sets that kind of tone - one of integrity and humility. What a nice concept...and one that doesn't need to be missing from good reality tv.

+ Reply to Thread