+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Final 4...speculation

FORT Fan

Re: Final 4...speculation

I think she is 5'5". She can still lose enough to hit 50%. Doesn't mean she will keep that weight for life but she can get down that far long enough for the weight in.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by niteowl64;2883655;
    I think she is 5'5". She can still lose enough to hit 50%. Doesn't mean she will keep that weight for life but she can get down that far long enough for the weight in.
    And it won't even be really "underweight", just the lower end.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2881743;
    This is from Jillian's 3/05/2008 blog:
    Do you have the URL for Jillian's blog?

I couldn't stand Kelly at first because she kept whining that she was the underdog...which she was, but still...

I like her now. I think she really has worked hard to stay on the ranch/Australia White House.

Ali? I don't really dislike her but something bugs me about her. Maybe it's because she seems arrogant when they tell her how she won the weigh in again. I don't know..she seems to have really good metabolism and is younger than the others. Truth be told, she and Mark are there because of an idea some evil reality TV writer came up with. I would be pretty humble, I think. But she has had an amazing loss. I would not whine about those arms at all.

(ETA: Okay, I read my post after posting and I can not believe I used the word "amazing"...somebody slap me )
    Last edited by KaiCee; 04-03-2008 at 03:48 AM. Reason: addition to text
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2885559;
    And it won't even be really "underweight", just the lower end.

Totally agree. I'm close to the same height and weigh less. My problem is I need to tone up what i've got

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2878122;
    I guess I just empathize with her or something. She's never really fit in with any of her teammates or different groups. The only person who ever really had her back was Paul.. and even that was questionable. I guess you could say that other contestants were on their own. I just like Kelly better than Ali I guess?
    Back when they were still couples, who of us could have dreamt that one of the Yellow Team would be making it all the way to finals? I don't think anyone could have predicted that. Kelly may have her detractors, but I am rooting for her. I would actually be thrilled if she were the first female Biggest Loser. Ali does not have enough body weight remaining to lose much more, whereas Kelly still has a significant way to go. This could, amazingly, turn into a real show-down between Kelly and Roger. Roger's still my bet to win overall, but . . it could come down to a whisker between the two, like it has all season. Kelly has the advantage in having less body mass and therefore each pound lost will count more on her. Remember when Matt beat Suzy for first place by 2 pounds? It could easily go that way again, so with the margin of victory so narrow, Kelly could very well pull it the win.

Despite the admittedly annoying crying and complaining about her underdog status in the earlier episodes, I think Kelly has demonstrated a strength of character that was unexpected from her throughout these grueling weeks. She cries, she complains--but she keeps on pluggin' and has consistently lost enough weight to keep herself in the game when a lesser person might have thrown the towel in. She has not cried or complained much in recent weeks, though she is still the Queen of Looking Worried during the weigh-ins. I think of all the contestants, Kelly has had, week after week, the roughest experience of anyone on the ranch. She was arguably saddled with the most polarizing teammate of the bunch, (well, Neil excepted) and lumped together with him as a unit as equally dislikeable. In addition to universal loathing on the ranch, she also had the burden of carrying emotional water for her estranged ex, and that burden was heavy. At least the other players each had a teammate they could rely on for emotional support--Kelly didn't have that--she was constantly trying to shore up Paul while having to plot with him at the same time to survive elimination.

Kelly has spent more time below the yellow line fighting for her neck than anyone else there. She is usually the last one to weigh in, too, adding to her emotional wear and tear. I was glad for her when Paul was sent home and she could concentrate on Kelly. These last few weeks have finally showed her a better time on the show: a makeover, a big win for the girls last week, and now this trip to Australia. Of the remaining contestants, there isn't one who deserves to be Biggest Loser more than Kelly. She has had to overcome so many more obstacles each week than just the scale.

Love your post hikari! It totally fits with everything I feel about Kelly and the reasons why I want her in the finals. She's the ultimate underdog this season. I know she most likely won't win, but I'd rather try and root for her than anyone else.

I too am rooting for Kelly. I have seen a transformation in her during the last several weeks. She has aquired a quiet self confidence that has cut down on the tears and you can tell she is believing inself and that is nice to see. That is why I want to see her in the final three.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I too not only hope Kelly makes it into the final 3, but wins the whole thing. She has had much more emotional baggage to deal with and she is all by herself. I can't even fathom dealing with the fertility problems she described and the life threatening ectopic pregnancies.

Paul leaving the show was the best thing that could have happened for her, and it shows. She has had a target on her back since the beginning and she always came through when it mattered most.

I also think she couldl use the money the most.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Ali does not have enough body weight remaining to lose much more, whereas Kelly still has a significant way to go
    Kelly is in Isabeau's position. She can win but she has way too much weight to lose at home. Also, Ali could very well win. Apparently this is her weight as of last week
    Click to see Spoiler:
    120, 3 more pounds until 50%

FORT Fan

I have really not had anyone that I wanted to cheer for this season, but Kelly has won me over in recent weeks. I identify with her struggle in many ways and I think she has developed so much strength of character over the last few weeks. I'd love to see her win!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast