+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I know. Even though they are flying from CA it's a huge flight. I did it a few years ago...and have never been able to sleep on planes....just about passed out cold in the Sydney airport when I finally found a place to get horizonal while we waited for another short flight to Cairns. And these men are really big...not just heavy but tall... the idea of Roger folded up in tourist class really does scream blood clots to me. Nobody's going to be able to come up with many pounds next week... AND someone will probably get sick from the long hours in dry recirculating germ filled air.

CCL

They're going to Australia next week? Do tell. (They didn't show previews on the channel I was watching).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2870629;
    I for one have always found the challenges involving junk food (making them eat it, making another teammate eat it; pretending to eat it; even making them look at piles of it on tables to be worthless, disgusting wastes of my time as a viewer and theirs as competitors. And how wasteful, too! It might be junk food, but there are people in the world who could really benefit from some fries and pizza (just not this bunch). So they throw away all this food for just a few minutes of TV time--I find it sickening.
    I may not feel as extreme as you do, but I find all food type challenges on any show incredibly wasteful. Especially when there are people who need food and live without. I think that there are much better ways of illustrating a point or having the contestants engage in some type of challenge than leaving piles of food mushed, half eaten, untouched when done.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2870747;
    I may not feel as extreme as you do, but I find all food type challenges on any show incredibly wasteful. Especially when there are people who need food and live without. I think that there are much better ways of illustrating a point or having the contestants engage in some type of challenge than leaving piles of food mushed, half eaten, untouched when done.
    I think I was most disgusted in Vegas when they ordered all that room service for NOTHING. That bothered me.

FORT Fan

I do like the blue team for the fact that they have lost the weight without getting underhanded but I just don't like their attitudes and the snark when they are on top. Piling the food on the girl's table was just such overkill. These guys are just a bit too smug and need to be taken down a peg or 2.

I agree with it being a disgrace to waste all that food. They could have performed the same challenge in the arena using empty boxes or cartons or something to represent the food.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fanatic

I have to disagree about the waste of "food." So far, the challenges haven't used any food that is healthy for anyone to eat. I certainly wouldn't want to pawn that junk off on anyone else. The only "waste" I see is that it is simply creating a lot of garbage that will end up in a landfill somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2870840;
    I think I was most disgusted in Vegas when they ordered all that room service for NOTHING. That bothered me.
    Ugh, I know!! It was all food that could have been sent to other people and food that actually looked really good and had the potential to be something special for people in moderation

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2871581;
    I have to disagree about the waste of "food." So far, the challenges haven't used any food that is healthy for anyone to eat. I certainly wouldn't want to pawn that junk off on anyone else. The only "waste" I see is that it is simply creating a lot of garbage that will end up in a landfill somewhere.
    I don't think people have to eat extremely healthy or even healthy food all the time. I think in moderation and portion control all food can have value. I wouldn't want to pawn off the types of food in the challenges to people simply because the food was there, but at the same time, I can't say that using, for example, dozens of pizzas as a special treat in a homeless shelter would be the worst thing to do with it either.

Even if we disagree about how it could be used or should be used, you're 100% right, it's creating A LOT of unneccesary garbage that does not need to be created.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2870840;
    We should create a "most disgusting moments" thread. The ickiest moment I recall of all seasons was the donut challenge of last season. All of the diving through nasty looking pastry was horrible.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2870484;
    Well, the end result of the guys' behavior is that the women have now bonded, and they won!
    I am not so sure that they really bonded, and they haven't won (they only won this weeks weigh-in). Secondly, them "bonding" really had nothing to do with them winning the weigh-in.

+ Reply to Thread