+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I too was glad to see Dan go. I understand that he is young, however, having "met" his mom via watching this show, I don't think that apple fell far from the tree. In the beginning I think it was incredibly important to have confidence, especially with the huge amount of weight all these folks needed to lose. It was actually much easier to watch a bit of cockiness in the early stages than to watch the emotionally challeneged (Kelly specifically). That changed though as things progressed. Dan did progress from sarcasm to cocky along the way from my perspective. While I do believe the guys really didn't want to choose which of them won the challenge, however, they also got caught up in trying to make a statement that the girls didn't have a chance (again, just my perspective). The girls picked up on this as you just couldn't miss it!!

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm glad that Kelly is still there just because she needs to be. She's better than she was by a long shot so far as emotions are concerned, and I think it has been really good for her on so many levels. I think she has probably changed the most and needed it as much as anyone.

I too thought Kelly would have been gone long ago. She has spent more time below the yellow line (and more time weeping about it) than anyone on this show. Also she seems disproportionately to be the last to weigh in, making her weigh-in that much more pressure-filled as she was often the deciding factor on her team. Since Paul left I have warmed to Kelly, though, and I think no one can say she doesn't deserve to be there still after what she pulled out last night . . .7 pounds for a gal at this stage of the game is well and truly incredible. I fear that next week doesn't bode well for either Kelly or Ali in terms of numbers since this week was so huge, but they pulled it out once and perhaps they can again.

Wow, who the heck knew that Dan's parents had that kind of money?? Based on their appearance and comportment on this show I had been thinking more along the lines of a double-wide. (Or maybe triple-wide in their case!) So Danny's off to L.A. (what do you want to bet financed by Mom & Dad, eh--the kid hasn't worked for three months and he was employed by them before anyway) Dan's self-confidence bordering on self-delusion extends not just to weight loss as we see . . . I'm sure he's totally convinced that it will just be a matter of weeks until he is offered a recording contract. Huh--maybe we'll be seeing Danny on the next installment of American Idol. D'you suppose Simon would be able to knock Dan's rampant self-regard down a few pegs the way the Biggest Loser obviously didn't?

It should be interesting to watch. I for one am gunning for Curtis to win the at-home prize!

The way Dan came into the girls' room last night and said "I'm not here to petition for myself'--and then proceeded to do just that is classic Dan. Had he completely forgotten just how much of an arsewipe he'd been to the girls just the day before? And they were supposed to save his neck? Ha.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2869519;
    So Danny's off to L.A. (what do you want to bet financed by Mom & Dad, eh--the kid hasn't worked for three months and he was employed by them before anyway)
    Didn't he win some money in the vending machine game? And I'm sure that they paid them for their time on the show - I know BB contestants get $ 750.00 a week so I'm thinking BL contestants might get something similar. And considering they didn't have to spend anything while on campus, that money just banked up for Dan. Not to say his parents are not supporting him in some way, or will in the future, just saying that the BL money probably helped in his move as well.

I hope Trent takes the at-home prize myself.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think it was Dan's time to go. I am glad that the women are finally catching up. as a see-sawer myself, I would probably be like Kelly and take a long while to lose the pounds. Hopefully, Jillian will be hard on them again next week!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2869611;
    Didn't he win some money in the vending machine game? And I'm sure that they paid them for their time on the show - I know BB contestants get $ 750.00 a week so I'm thinking BL contestants might get something similar. And considering they didn't have to spend anything while on campus, that money just banked up for Dan. Not to say his parents are not supporting him in some way, or will in the future, just saying that the BL money probably helped in his move as well.

I hope Trent takes the at-home prize myself.
    He won close to 9,000 if I remember correctly from that vending machine game. Not enough to finance a move, but enough to have a good pocket of money saved up.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2869122;
    Have to agree with the first two comments. Shoot me for agreeing, K?

I watch, but since it's on so early here I don't have time to eat/workout and get on FORT in time to join the party!
    I agree, too! Nothing like cheekbones to cuten someone up! Jay is starting to get them as well. As for Ali...I don't know where she is pulling those pounds from....she doesn't even look like she belongs on a weight loss show any more. Ditto Mark.
    But go, girls! Hope they pull it off again next week, though I agree it will be hard to pull those kinds of numbers two weeks in a row. At least the guys offered to have Kelly eat with them in the future... belatedly.....
    I think one small variable was that the guys were all snacking during the arena competition...on junk food... while the women were running up and down like it was a work out.

I am glad Kelly and Ali did so well. I like Kelly and have been able to deal with her tears this season. Of all the partners, she and Paul were in a very difficult situation. I think she needs a bit of credit for doding this with her ex-husband. Not a best friend, mother, brother or complete stranger. I really hope Kelly can pull off a win for the whole thing.

I also think they changed the camera lens for this episode. Everyone looked great yesterday- moreso than at the last elimination. I realize that they have all lost a great deal of weight, but it was so much more noticible.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fanatic

I think Kelly has really blossomed (for lack of a better word) since Paul left. I see her confidence growing each week.

I also loved that Ali called the guys on their overkill--looked them straight in the eye and called them on it. I think if she had a "teacher finger," she would have used it on them. They needed to be scolded.

FORT Regular

I think Kelly has really blossomed (for lack of a better word) since Paul left.
    I agree, at times, I think Paul embarrassed Kelly, and that is so hard to watch because you know Paul still loves kelly and kelly is just embarrased by him.
    Without him there, Kelly is somehow stronger.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsenblues;2869903;
    I agree, at times, I think Paul embarrassed Kelly, and that is so hard to watch because you know Paul still loves kelly and kelly is just embarrased by him.
    Without him there, Kelly is somehow stronger.
    I think she had to put so much energy into "taking care" of Paul, that she wasn't really able to focus on herself. Now that he's gone, she can focus on her own stuff.

+ Reply to Thread