+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2837097;
    I do agree that Ali probably should have changed to black as a show of support for her team. However, I don't think it should have been seen as negative that she was friendly with the blue team. She commented early on that she had been closer friends with many members of the blue team before her elimination. During the scene where they were eating and she was sitting with the guys Jillian was practically shooting daggers out of her eyes at Ali - I thought it was really uncalled for. Sheesh, these people are all voting as individuals now and the teams are not at "war"!! Jillian walked over in the middle of her conversation and started talking about how Ali was going to throw up her food after her workout - I was completely grossed out by Jillian's remarks, they sounded anything BUT motivating to me!!!

I absolutely agree. Not only has Ali not been there for "Black Team Bonding", but they have dissolved the teams anyway, so clinging to black or blue at this point is really meaningless. If we recall, Ali and Bette Sue were eliminated prior to the team merge. I guess Ali could've smoothed things over more if she played games on the juvenile level of the other girls--ignoring the 'boys', refusing to sit at their table, adopting the black nail polish, etc. She chose not to, preferring to be more adult and interact with everybody. I don't blame her one bit for not feeling part of the former Black Team, seeing as she never was. Isn't it commendable that she can be friendly and not hatey with all the players and not just a select few?

I question the wisdom of insisting on the 'team' format. It is tired and played out, and I thought they had hit on a more interesting concept this season with the 'couples'. They didn't waste much time before abandoning that concept in favor of the two team colors, so I am just resigned to the reality that the BL producers are going to revert to type every time. Now that they are supposedly 'individuals' again, I think Ali has the right idea--everybody should go back to their original shirt color. Pink is certainly a more flattering color than black anyway.

Can't wait for the makeovers! But otherwise I'm ready for this to be over. Let's have Dan, Roger & Mark mudwrestle for the title and be done with it already. Do we really suppose there's gonna be much drama to the finale?

(Yawn). Bring on da Gunn! I wonder what Tim will make of all these portly people--certainly a departure from the high fashion world. Tim Gunn himself looks like he exists on broth, salad and air.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2836999;
    But Dan really needed to stay if only for the make over. That boy needs some serious help.
    I totally agree with you. Good lord. The boy lives with his mom, works with his mom, hangs out with his mom (not that this is bad ... but to do it all the time at his age speaks of not being capable of leaving the nest), and has his mom's hair cut. Can't wait for him to look like his own man. His tattoo (unless his mom goes out to get a matching one) was his first declaration of independence. Good for him. Hope he's ready for the hair cut we're all sure he's going to get! I'm sort of worried he'll whine about it like some of the girls on ANTM during makeover sessions.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2835744;
    Dan wins the cycling challenge-- he will get 2 votes in elimination

Did anybody else get tickled when Dan said that he, Roger, and Bob were in the kitchen just tossing some salads. . I thought this was a family show.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2836051;
    I'm ok waiting for eliminations since I'd be ok with either Brit or Mag going homeward.

I have to ask ... Did Kelly cry this episode? And bemoan how "vulnerable" she is???
    Yes she did. She is another one I want voted off, but after Brittany and Maggie.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar;2836110;
    And Jillian just seemed fake to me this week, anyway. Her voice in the gym when speaking to Ali (contestant) was off pitch. I'm thinking she was trying to seem likable since she knows Ali is friends with a lot of Bob's guys.
    Jillian always seems fake to me, but to be honest I prefer her over Barbie from the last two seasons. At least you can tell that Jillian cares about her team. Whereas, Kim came across as high and mighty and unaffected by her team.

I can do without Brittany or Maggie.

I think Jay does better without Mark there. Notice last week, without Mark, Jay did the rope thing that he said he couldn't do and lost 8 pounds or something, then this week with Mark back he only lost 5. He needs to break out from under his brother and learn on his own....
    Same can be said for Dan, I think he has grown tremondously since his mom left!!
    "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger"

FORT Regular

If your TV Guide happens to get delivered way early like mine does DO NOT OPEN it!! Mine arrived yesterday and has an article on the makeovers and it partially spoiled next week by showing a couple of the folks made over, one of the ones pictured post makeover was below the yellow line last night.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moosemommy1213;2837295;
    If your TV Guide happens to get delivered way early like mine does DO NOT OPEN it!! Mine arrived yesterday and has an article on the makeovers and it partially spoiled next week by showing a couple of the folks made over, one of the ones pictured post makeover was below the yellow line last night.
    Wow... that would be a major spoiler!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2837097;
    During the scene where they were eating and she was sitting with the guys Jillian was practically shooting daggers out of her eyes at Ali - I thought it was really uncalled for. Sheesh, these people are all voting as individuals now and the teams are not at "war"!! Jillian walked over in the middle of her conversation and started talking about how Ali was going to throw up her food after her workout - I was completely grossed out by Jillian's remarks, they sounded anything BUT motivating to me!!!
    Must have missed the breakfast scene. Hmmm. But I don't know that I would agree that there are no teams anymore and they are all voting as individuals. I think it's clear that voting will still go down along team lines for a while - the Pride guys are going to stick together. Dan might consider breaking ranks (if he has the opportunity) but I don't know if he would actually go through with it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Snoozin' on the beach

Ali wasn't negative for sticking with the guys. It's self preservation but she also had an alliance with them before they got the boot and she left the game long before "black and Blue" teams emerged.

Kelly, Maggie and Brittany were pissed off that by not throwing in her lot with them she a) isn't an automatic vote to save their own sorry butts against a blue team member b) she isn't the easily disposed of 4th person in their group that they could vote out if she landed on B2 against any of them. Those 3 would have stuck together to vote her off.

+ Reply to Thread