+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2836867;
    I read in an interview that he is hoping to get to the 140's for the final weigh-in but that he thinks 185 is a livable weight for him.
    140??? that is unrealistic. the only guys I know or see at the gym thta wiegh 140 are 20yo bean poles trying to put on weight. No way he can weigh 140 and be healthy.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

CCL

Brittany had a valid point. Men, generally speaking, are more able to lose weight, and larger amounts of weight, than women. Sure, Ali was the biggest loser this week but she has been away from campus for a long time and so, really, it was as if she was having a week one all over again. And in week one traditionally candidates lose large amounts of weight (I know she was working out at home, but I'm sure it was nothing like what they were doing at the campus. As Bob said last night about the cheat days, shocking your system tends to rev up your metabolism. I think Ali's resuming of the Biggest Loser workout system helped shock her system, resulting in a big loss).

I commend Ali for losing so much at home and doing so well. But I don't really like her and so am not thrilled to see her back. I'm okay with Mark being back though I would have preferred Trent or the guy from the Brown Team.
    Anyhow, I think they spent far too much time on which team members would be rejoining - it seemed to go on forever.

It was annoying that they didn't show us the elimination. Is that common practice at this stage of the game?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I really like Mark and commend him on his amazing weight loss, but I wasn't that happy to see him come back. Does this mean that we'll have to sit through another sob fest from the pride-brothers when it's his or Jay's time to leave? I'm not sure I can stand that again.

Ali looks wonderful and seeing Bette Sue's pride and love for her daughter was so cool. I really think this show has brought them closer.

I agree with a previous poster about Dan's cockiness. (at least his horrible mom didn't get to stay!!) But Dan really needed to stay if only for the make over. That boy needs some serious help.

I think they need to vote out Brittney if only because she can be very competitive in the challenges. I don't see Maggie as a threat at all. All three of the women need to buck up and stop whining so much. It's getting annoying as hell. Men do have different metabolisms but they are going by percentage of weight lost, not total pounds so it really shouldn't make a difference. They just need to try harder than they are. Maggie even said that she was eating too much.

Oh.my.gosh.will.this.show.neve r.end???

It was taking long enough without bringing back eliminated players!!! I started falling asleep toward the end of this episode. I finally fought my way thru it because I wanted to see who was out, only to find out there was no elimination - argh!!!!

I was not a big Mark fan and I am not thrilled that he is back, I was hoping for Trent or Bernie or Curtis. Although I was not wild about Ali, she really seems to have pulled through and has a positive attitude.

I am SO tired of Brittany's whining. Maggie is right along with her, but I think Brittany is the source of the most apathy on that team. I hope she goes this week, Maggie has further to go than she does.

ETA: As annoyed as I am by this show, I am excited to see Tim Gunn on next week - I can't get enough of him!!
    I also cannot wait to say goodbye to Dan's stupid stupid hair!!!

CCL

Regarding Jillian's comments last night...I do commend her for supporting Brittany. She obviously wanted to take care of her, knowing she was in an emotionally fragile place. But she was far too abrupt about it, not to mention the (unnecessary) cursing. The host looked ticked off (rightly so).
    I can see why Brittany and Maggie were not thrilled to have Ali back. It's not realistic to welcome back your competition. And Ali didn't help matters by staying in pink. She also seemed to be more friendly with the blue members - she was laughing and joking quite openly with Bob last night.
    Excited about the makeovers next week!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2837045;
    And Ali didn't help matters by staying in pink. She also seemed to be more friendly with the blue members - she was laughing and joking quite openly with Bob last night.
    I do agree that Ali probably should have changed to black as a show of support for her team. However, I don't think it should have been seen as negative that she was friendly with the blue team. She commented early on that she had been closer friends with many members of the blue team before her elimination. During the scene where they were eating and she was sitting with the guys Jillian was practically shooting daggers out of her eyes at Ali - I thought it was really uncalled for. Sheesh, these people are all voting as individuals now and the teams are not at "war"!! Jillian walked over in the middle of her conversation and started talking about how Ali was going to throw up her food after her workout - I was completely grossed out by Jillian's remarks, they sounded anything BUT motivating to me!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crdnlsgrl;2835623;
    I don't know about anyone else but I am happy to have Mark back in the game. I missed him last week.

I am also glad.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2837097;
    I do agree that Ali probably should have changed to black as a show of support for her team. However, I don't think it should have been seen as negative that she was friendly with the blue team. She commented early on that she had been closer friends with many members of the blue team before her elimination. During the scene where they were eating and she was sitting with the guys Jillian was practically shooting daggers out of her eyes at Ali - I thought it was really uncalled for. Sheesh, these people are all voting as individuals now and the teams are not at "war"!! Jillian walked over in the middle of her conversation and started talking about how Ali was going to throw up her food after her workout - I was completely grossed out by Jillian's remarks, they sounded anything BUT motivating to me!!!
    I too was annoyed with Jillian for interrupting Ali & the blue guys' conversation at breakfast as well as the dirty looks she was throwing around. First, you're right, they are voting as individuals. So Jillian needs to get past the team black thing. Second, do you all remember last season when Amy & Kim were fighting after Kim "threw Amy under the bus" telling the guys to send her home? During an Amy/Kim fight, Jillian was sitting across from Amy and silently mouthed "Do you want to train with me?" to her. How underhanded was that. She didn't have the balls to ask out loud, in front of Kim. But she succeeded in taking away a red team member, contributing to the premature ending of Kim's season as a coach. Yet now that Ali (contestant) has the guts to sit with friends during BREAKFAST (not training in the gym) she is accosted by Jillian for not eating with the black team. Oy.

FORT Fanatic

If I looked around and saw that my team was filled with mopers, I'd stay pink, too! I'd also gravitate toward the people who are more upbeat (which, in this case, happened to be the guys). She had worked out with Bob before (probably why Alli was joking with Bob--she knows him better) but now she finds she has to work out with Jillian. I think Alli is going to do what Jillian tells her to do, but I really didn't seem much connection there. It was like her eyes were dead whenever Jillian gave her a fake-compliment.

That said, when Jillian was teaching them how to cook with "Pam" (the wonder spray), Kelly and Alli seemed to have a connection (sorry for slipping into Bachelor-speak) and were joking around.

Finally, I saw Alli the Host's question as an honest question. It is certainly one I would ask my clients and they wouldn't feel like I was picking on them. If Jillian hadn't jumped in, it would have given Brittney a chance to clarify for herself what her "alternative" goal is for staying there so that she can stay motivated. She may not be able to win first prize, but there are other non-tangible rewards for staying and for fighting to stay.

I loved Bob's response that people are just over-reacting AND wondering why the trainers were still going to the weigh-ins when the teams had been eliminated.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2835644;
    Brittany just annoys me more and more each week. Now she and Maggie are crying to Jillian because they dont want Ali back on their team because she looses big. Oh, get over it, I just wanna smack Brittany.

I am with you. She never had the chance to be the biggest loser, and if she had any self awareness she would know that. I mean her numbers are inconsistent. The only thing consistent about her numbers is that they are low. Furthermore, the only reason she has lasted this long is because of gameplay and not because she is any kind of worthy opponent. My dilemma now is who do I want gone more, her or Maggie. I can't stand either of them, and I wish both players below the yellow line could be kicked off.

+ Reply to Thread