+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Snoozin' on the beach

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

I don't blame Jillian for giving Ali extra attention. She's had how many weeks where she was not there to learn new, different and more intense things. Maggie, Brittany and Kelly are way ahead of the learning curve than Ali is. Even if she has lost more weight than them. They were jealous of any attention. Jillian was trying to help someone other than them lose weight and it was someone they knew wouldn't easily be in B2 below them. Did they expect that they spent more time with Jillian so she shouldn't be helping Ali workout? Ali working out = 1 or 2 of them in B2 for sure.

Ali's and Mark being back in the game made no difference who fell below the yellow line with lack of weight lose. Newsflash to Brittany and Maggie, you 2 have consistantly been the 2 smallest weight losers the entire show. You lucked out skating by this long

I wasn't that thrilled overall with tonight's episode. I have to admit it was kind of blah for me. One of the things that "bothered" me was just a little comment that I don't think was meant as it came across. When Bob was doing his "cheat meal" tip, I thought it was kind of interesting that he said you could have your scoop of mac and cheese. I just thought it was interesting wording. Not your meal or or side of, but scoop.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2836261;
    ...One of the things that "bothered" me was just a little comment that I don't think was meant as it came across. When Bob was doing his "cheat meal" tip, I thought it was kind of interesting that he said you could have your scoop of mac and cheese. I just thought it was interesting wording. Not your meal or or side of, but scoop.

I remember hearing an interview with Richard Simmons who basically said the same thing. It was something like "you can have a slice of pie ONCE a week". These savvy dieters don't mess around! Yikes!

FORT Newbie

I am so bummed I missed tonights episode!! Thank you so much for the recap. I just watched the clip of Jillian and Allison. Jillian is way out of line and looks to me like a sore loser. Such a difference in her attitude from last season when it was 4 people from her own team that made the finals and as a matter of fact 3 of them were women!!

To the Point

So, if I'm reading correctly, they didn't reveal who went home? I thought maybe I had just totally zoned out and missed it (I tend to read books and watch TV at the same time). I thought Jillian went way past the line tonight, both with the way she totally focused on Ali in the gym and in the abuse she gave Allison at the weigh in. Ali looked amazing though. Also, I was uncomfortable watching the white team (can't remember their names) at the beginning. I felt that she was embarrassed by her husbands continued attitude. I just always felt that she was trying to cover for him. However, she looked pretty good as well.

FORT Regular

I was also uncomfortable watching the white team, you could see he really has not continued about losing weight. When his wife looked down at the floor , I felt bad.
    I Thought it was stupid that the returning daughter decided to remain in pink and not accept the black team.
    The brother who returned really does not have the much percentage to go , so I don't think he is a threat.
    I wish the show would give more tips and more ideas and more motivation to lose weight.
    I think a lot of show is just typical reality tv stuff instead of motivational weight losing.
    Earlier in the season that show motivated me more than it did last night.
    thanks for the board. (my first post).

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsenblues;2836518;
    I was also uncomfortable watching the white team, you could see he really has not continued about losing weight. When his wife looked down at the floor , I felt bad.
    I Thought it was stupid that the returning daughter decided to remain in pink and not accept the black team.
    The brother who returned really does not have the much percentage to go , so I don't think he is a threat.
    I wish the show would give more tips and more ideas and more motivation to lose weight.
    I think a lot of show is just typical reality tv stuff instead of motivational weight losing.
    Earlier in the season that show motivated me more than it did last night.
    thanks for the board. (my first post).
    Well, he has lost a total of 55lbs in 11 wks which in the normal world is remarkable and nothing to feel ashamed but compared to Curtis who lost over100 lbs Neil comes across as a loser, which is a shame.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Wow, it sometimes amazes me how widely opinions differ. I cheered Jillian on last night. I don't think she was yelling at the host so much as she was yelling at the producers for asking the tough and leading question. Brittany certainly isn't my favorite, but I certainly understand where the black team was coming from emotionally. As for Ali, I think if she truly wanted to be accepted by the black team, she should have taken the black shirt. I bet Jillian wouldn't have gone so over the top trying to win her over either. I do think it was bad on Jillian's part not to notice how defeated her girls looked in the gym, but I always remind myself that was a two minute clip of a whole week in the gym. I am sure she didn't ignore her team all week.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was out of TVland the first few weeks of this season so this was the first time I saw a lot of the returners. Interesting. Very impressive weightlosses for some of them. Many could still be in the running for biggest at home loser.
    Was hoping someone would chart up what their departure weight was and how much they've lost since....
    So Mark said he's 3 pounds from his goal weight? With weeks to go yet? What's he going to do, go under it? Or was it a "first goal" weight, not one that fits where a guy his size ought to be? The biggest losers of the returners have lost about 1/3 of their original weight so far and some of them look close to "done", but I remember the winners in the past as having lost about 50%. A lot of people didn't have that much to lose.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2836751;
    So Mark said he's 3 pounds from his goal weight? With weeks to go yet? What's he going to do, go under it?
    I read in an interview that he is hoping to get to the 140's for the final weigh-in but that he thinks 185 is a livable weight for him.

+ Reply to Thread