+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I was sooooooo disapointed Kelly got to stay. In fact if I hear her sniff her nose one more time.......................... .......:nono

Poor Bernie...I just cringed when he gave his pass away.

I would like for Trent to come back. He needs to give the old blue team some competition.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I agree with all who said Bernie wasn't being selfless. Had he been able to keep it for himself. He most surely would have. Giving it to his partner was a very nice gesture and I think he's a genuinely good guy, but no way would he have given it up to her if it could have stayed his.

How come they all look so fat, hasn't this show been on about 4 years already? It sure seems like it and PLEASE get Charlotte Ray on I HATE this new host. Even when they go to "how they look now" segments, they are still fat. having lost only 40 or 50 pounds when they needed to lose 100 or 200 pounds. They are really driving me crazy. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2826692;
    How come they all look so fat, hasn't this show been on about 4 years already? It sure seems like it and PLEASE get Charlotte Ray on I HATE this new host. Even when they go to "how they look now" segments, they are still fat. having lost only 40 or 50 pounds when they needed to lose 100 or 200 pounds. They are really driving me crazy. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Now while I agree that the show has been on too long, we ALL have to wait for the April finale; what, at least 4 wks away, before we see the "real" results of everyones dieting. The finale is where we will see the 200lb loses. I mean Kelly has lost what over 50 - 60 lbs but at her height of 5'6" she needs to lose another 70 lbs to get to her goal weight. A majority of the men voted off still need to lose another 100lbs. Bernie was not too bad another 30lbs for him though. While I too get tired of seeing 300lb contestents who still look fat in their after shots; what is really scary is how many 300 and 400lb people there are in this country trying to get on this show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Not only that, how many people are above and beyond the 400+lbs mark. It's truly scary. Every "America's weight loss" segment is literally lined up with people who are extremely obese. Not just "fat" or "big" but scarily obese. It's a really hard thing to change, but it needs to be done. I think that people really have to be able to take care of themselves and of course it's not easy, but I'd rather keep seeing people who still need to lose another "100" or "50" on than people who need to lose over 200lbs every single day on the streets.

I just want to be clear, I'm not even talking for vanity. I'm talking for basic healthy living.

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Hi All
    I found it bizarre when they were meeting with the medical staff, and Kelly commented about having 2 ectopic pregnancies....and then they went on to give her hope about getting pregnant. Huh...if you have had 2 ectopics, then both of your fallopian tubes have ruptured, are there no more, and you have no chance of getting pregnant!!!! Someone screwed up there. Also...didn't Bernie have to give the immunity pass away...I thought he had no choice. And I will miss him.
    Karey

FORT Fan

Of course many (most) of them still look fat. What did you expect after 10 weeks of losing weight? Unfortunately, that attitude is what keeps people locked into being 300 lbs, 400 lbs, and more. The truth is that an overweight person (even one who is morbidly obese) can improve his health tremendously by losing just 10% of his body weight. But, yeah, they'll still look and be fat. Most people who are that overweight look at the enormous task of losing 100-200 lbs and are so overwhelmed, they never start. I started out to lose 30 lbs. I've now lost 133 lbs. It's been slow and I've actually stopped at times to focus on maintaining because I want to be that "obesity survivor" that Dr. Jeff was talking about. But if I had been surrounded by people who told me I still looked fat after losing 40-50 lbs instead of telling me how much better I looked, I might have given up.

As to the comment about ectopic pregnancies, an ectopic pregnancy does NOT have to result in a ruptured tube. With the early ultrasounds that most pregnant women have these days, an ectopic is generally caught early enough to prevent a rupture. If Kelly is otherwise healthy, then there's no reason that she can't become pregnant again and carry to term.

Marilyn
    a determined obesity survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;2827255;
    Of course many (most) of them still look fat. What did you expect after 10 weeks of losing weight?
    Which is why I truly appreciate the before pics the producers are now using during the weighins where you can see the progress the contestents have made. I also like the morphing of before and afters on Discovery Health's Body Challenges. It shows us how even 5 lbs can make a difference on a person's body. This is one reason why I find the Celebrity Fit Club stats pic so disturbing because they are showing the original photo for all the weighins. There have been some big people on CFC and while 30 or 40 lbs is a huge weight loss the difference of losing that much weight on a smaller person vs a bigger person can be very discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;2827255;
    I started out to lose 30 lbs. I've now lost 133 lbs. It's been slow and I've actually stopped at times to focus on maintaining because I want to be that "obesity survivor" that Dr. Jeff was talking about. But if I had been surrounded by people who told me I still looked fat after losing 40-50 lbs instead of telling me how much better I looked, I might have given up.

Marilyn
    a determined obesity survivor!
    All I can say is congratulations for getting that much off without the help of the "ranch".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

As to the comment about ectopic pregnancies, an ectopic pregnancy does NOT have to result in a ruptured tube. With the early ultrasounds that most pregnant women have these days, an ectopic is generally caught early enough to prevent a rupture. If Kelly is otherwise healthy, then there's no reason that she can't become pregnant again and carry to term.

Marilyn
    a determined obesity survivor![/QUOTE]

Kelly stated that she almost died from them, which would indicate rupture of her tube. Unless she was overstating things, but something seemed so wierd with that whole conversation. Thanks
    Karey

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2825119;
    Hey, it was nice to see Dr. Jeff again!!

When they were pulling back the curtain I was convinced that it was going to open to reveal: Subway's Jared!!!
    My husband said the same thing!! As soon as he started talking about it, he turned to me and said "It's gotta be Jared!"

I was happy to see Dr. Jeff, though. He was one of my favorites.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

+ Reply to Thread