+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2824670;
    Man, oh, man. I think Bernie deserves the "Jesus Christ award for Selfless Sportsmanship" after giving Brittany a free pass last night. Just goes to show what a mensch Bernie is. I probably would have chosen not to use my immunity pass after it was announced that it was every man/woman for him/herself. If their positions were reversed, do we believe that Brit would've given Bernie a free pass? Food for thought.

I have to commend Bernie for being a good person, despite the fact that his generosity tanked his own game chances. That was by far the classiest behavior we have seen from any BL contestant to date. Bern looks so svelte now! I doubt he's even got more than 10 more pounds to lose, so there's really no chance that he can even take the at-home prize . . .he just wasn't big enough to start with.

Have to disagree here, Bernie still looks plumb enough that he needs to lose at least 20 to 25 lbs. One thing I did notice is that with the 80 lbs he has already lost his areolas have shrunk quite a bit.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

That's possible, Bearcata. I think 20 at the absolute outside. Bernie's not very tall--5'5", 5'6", maybe--but even so, I think 160-65 would be a reasonable weight for him. He just naturally has a stockier body type. I don't see Bernie getting a super-thin face unless he goes down to very dangerous levels. He just doesn't have the length of bone to be very lean, no matter what he does. C'est la vie . . I feel his pain!

It has been pointed out that Trent did a selfless thing, and also Mark last week in essentially volunteering for elimination. So they deserve kudos, certainly, but Bernie went above and beyond even that because he would have had the power to save himself had he chosen not to give away the immunity card. I'm sure he was hoping for a bigger loss and didn't think he'd be going home. Or maybe he secretly he was ready to go, because he really didn't seem that upset about it. Maybe his girlfriend back home was starting to get nervous that he was overly attached to Brittany. Anyway, good man, Bernie. I would love for him to win some sort of prize. He did get $1000 from the vending challenge, but they need to give out some kind of Best Sportsmanship award, I think.

PS Discussing a man's areolas just feels wrong! But yes, these guys on BL gots some big ones.
    Last edited by hikari; 03-05-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Hey, it was nice to see Dr. Jeff again!!

When they were pulling back the curtain I was convinced that it was going to open to reveal: Subway's Jared!!! Well, seeing as Subway is a program partner and all. But then the doctor said the mystery guest was another doctor.

Still I couldn't shake the feeling that it was Jared behind there.

I loved the high ropes challenge. It would have been so cool to do.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Newbie

"It has been pointed out that Trent did a selfless thing, and also Mark last week in essentially volunteering for elimination. So they deserve kudos, certainly, but Bernie went above and beyond even that because he would have had the power to save himself had he chosen not to give away the immunity card."

I disagree. All three acts are on the same par. Additionally, in my book, anything Bernie did that was selfless last night was negated by his participation in the waterloading incident in weeks past. I do not see anything special about Bernie, and I am glad he was sent home last night. Now I am just waiting for the other babies on the black team to be sent home.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2824624;
    I was sad to see Bernie go home. But it looks like he's done well at home, so good for him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I liked his comment that the next time America saw him he would be modelling on the cover of their favourite magazine.
    Regarding next week
    Click to see Spoiler:
    hard to say who I'd like to see come back. I'd probably choose Trent and Bernie, as those are the two I liked the most. I wonder what factor will determine who gets to come back to the ranch. If it is the other players who get to decide, they will probably pick people who they view as less threatening - maybe one of the Pinks or something.
    regarding your theory:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The last time they brought people back to the ranch (when they had the 50 states), the top male and top female weight losers got to go to the ranch
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2825106;
    It has been pointed out that Trent did a selfless thing, and also Mark last week in essentially volunteering for elimination. So they deserve kudos, certainly, but Bernie went above and beyond even that because he would have had the power to save himself had he chosen not to give away the immunity card. I'm sure he was hoping for a bigger loss and didn't think he'd be going home. Or maybe he secretly he was ready to go, because he really didn't seem that upset about it. Maybe his girlfriend back home was starting to get nervous that he was overly attached to Brittany. Anyway, good man, Bernie. I would love for him to win some sort of prize. He did get $1000 from the vending challenge, but they need to give out some kind of Best Sportsmanship award, I think.
    There seems to be some confusion as to whether Bernie could use immunity on himself or if he couldn't use it on himself but HAD to use it on someone else. Anyone know for sure? I understood it as he couldn't use it on himself.

I don't see it as being above and being the other 2 at all. He gave it to Brittany before he knew he that he would be in bottom 2 and who that other bottom 2 person would be. Trent knew he was going home 100% as did Mark by volunterring. With 6 people at weighing in, it wasn't a given that Bernie would be in bottom 2. There was also the possibility that one of the blue team members would be there with him if he was in bottom 2 and the remaining black members had the majority votes to get rid of the other guy.

Bernie was not a shoe in to go home when he gave immunity away. Certain events had to happen in order for him to get voted out. Had he not been in B2 or faced Roger, Dan or Jay in B2, he'd still be there.
    Last edited by Shady64; 03-05-2008 at 09:11 PM.

FORT Fanatic

The card said that he could give immunity to anyone but himself. At the weigh-in, Ali said that he didn't have to give the immunity to anyone, if he didn't want to. That was when he said he was giving it to Brittany.

I'm not so sure it was a selfless act. He had said earlier in the show that he was going to give it to Brittany in order to keep the team intact. Kelly is the one who suggested that he give it to Jay(?) as a strategy to get rid of Roger. By the Black Team members' reactions when Ali announced the no-team twist, I think they had agreed that he would give it to a Blue Team member. On the spot, I think Bernie went back to Plan A and gave it to Brittany with the intention of making sure his partner remained on the show.

It was a simple twist of irony that Bernie was the one below the yellow line.

FORT Newbie

Shady64 and JulieAnn,

Good points about Bernie's so called selfless act.

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2825814;
    The card said that he could give immunity to anyone but himself. At the weigh-in, Ali said that he didn't have to give the immunity to anyone, if he didn't want to. That was when he said he was giving it to Brittany.

I'm not so sure it was a selfless act. He had said earlier in the show that he was going to give it to Brittany in order to keep the team intact. Kelly is the one who suggested that he give it to Jay(?) as a strategy to get rid of Roger. By the Black Team members' reactions when Ali announced the no-team twist, I think they had agreed that he would give it to a Blue Team member. On the spot, I think Bernie went back to Plan A and gave it to Brittany with the intention of making sure his partner remained on the show.

It was a simple twist of irony that Bernie was the one below the yellow line.

Thank you for comfirming the immunity thing. I agree that it was not a selfless act. It was a nice thing to do and he was potentially putting himself on the line but i'm sure if he ever expect that he'd end up in bottom 2 and not face a blue member, he'd have not done it. He was not ending his game like Mark and Trent did. He was potentially ending his game-if all the circumstance fell into place. It could have been anybody in B2.
    Last edited by Shady64; 03-05-2008 at 11:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread