+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/26 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: 2/26 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Marley, I'm so with you. I was trying not to be too harsh in my recap, but grow a set, would ya? I never liked Mark and Dan grates on my nerves more and more.

Ultimately, I'd like to see Bernie or Roger win the whole thing.

My husband and I were laughing so hard during all of this last night. It was hard to believe that none of them were drunk! "I love you brother!" "Let's get a pride tattoo!" "Promise you'll take care of my brother!" Soooo over the top.

I dont' know what kind of atmosphere surrounds a reality show, but it's crazy how "attached" people get on these shows... not just Biggest Loser. "[Insert name] is my best friend. I love [him/her] so much!" Um... didn't you meet, like, three weeks ago? That kind of crazy attachment always cracks me up. Who knows... maybe they stay the best of friends after it is all said and done.

Bernie cracked me up last night. I'd love to see him do well. I was a big fan of Dan's before last night, but he dropped WAY down on my list after that episode. I get the feeling that Danny didn't have many male-bonding opportunities in high school... that maybe his mom was his best friend, perhaps. So last night, with the Vegas trip, the Dan cam, the tattoo, the singing, the hypothetical questions with his own hypothetical responses was all a bit much for me. I still hope he succeeds with his weight loss, but I have less desire to hang out with him.

I do, however, like the way the blue team goes in to eliminations now -- knowing ahead of time who will be eliminated. It's mature, even if the whole sob scene was over the top. They work it out and it doesn't seem so back-stabbingish. You know?
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I agree in the thinking that Dan probably didn't have many male bonding experiences growing up and that really this is some of his first tastes of it. I don't think it would be a stretch to assume that by any means.

It is great knowing who's going. It sure beats the way the eliminations went last week. Minus all the tears and snivelling!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like it when someone volunteers also. Especially someone who is already almost at his goal weight...at the rate Mark usually loses he'd have been there in another week or two, and then what's he going to do? Go under?
    I hope Jay gets a chance to grow, out from under Mark.
    Interesting that Mark only lost a pound when we saw him in Vegas being absolutely dedicated. Wonder if that is just bounceback from last week or if we missed something.
    Re Dan's male bonding...he does have older brothers, but maybe no dad? The other guys seem more like father figures or "younger uncle" figures than brothers to him.

CCL

Mark had so little left to lose (compared to the others) so it was good he went home. I've heard that often the last few pounds are the hardest to lose; Mark was so close to goal and maybe that explains the 1 pound loss this week.
    I thought that Jackie said she and her husband ran the children's event place (or whatever it is called). I presume that is Dan's dad. But I could be mistaken.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2816597;
    Mark had so little left to lose (compared to the others) so it was good he went home. I've heard that often the last few pounds are the hardest to lose; Mark was so close to goal and maybe that explains the 1 pound loss this week.
    I thought that Jackie said she and her husband ran the children's event place (or whatever it is called). I presume that is Dan's dad. But I could be mistaken.
    So then there is a dad figure around... hmmm... well, I agree then, it's odd that he seemed so in need of older male models...

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2813590;
    I know i'll be in the minority but that was a little over the top. He's not dying, he's getting the boot. These are the same guys that basically made fun of the idea of therapy?

Only one person can win, the rest will get the boot eventually. How did they think that would happen?
    You're not the only one. I was alternating between laughing and rolling my eyes at all the sobs. Seriously, you're not deciding who is going off to war, you're sending a man home to his wife and children. And Mark? Last I checked your brother is a grown man with a family. I think he can handle things on his own.

I'm all for bonding and I'm usually a sap for a good emotional cry but seriously, that was just ridiculous. All I can think of is they are so overly tired and probably worn out, so they couldn't stop the sob-fest.

Just new here, is anyone welcome?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lovedrama;2821177;
    Yes, everyone is welcome!

I am rooting for Dan to win. I like the kid. I don't care for anyone else, really.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lovedrama;2821177;
    Sure thing, lovedrama--you just have to abide by the PG-13 rules, which is pretty easy on this thread... a lot less so on BB! But leads to some very "creative" writing! That's the big difference you'll see between this and most threads, but it also leads usually to more thoughtful analysis, since people don't come here just to cuss out the people they dislike.

+ Reply to Thread