+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

To the Point

Re: 2/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Paul's friends and family actually seemed to be working to encourage him towards poor choices. With family and friends like that he will have an awful time trying to be good. The others were not shown with the same situation. Now, that being said, he is a grown man and should be able to make better decisions.

That's a good point NCLukrer. Everyone elses families seemed to understand the reason behind being home and what the contestants actually had to do while they were home. They didn't eliminate going out, but were very understanding and supportive of the choices they had to make. With Paul, it seemed like they were actively working towards tempting him and purposely buying him bad food. Remember that dessert they just happened to have for him. I agree he's a grown man and should have been making the right choices on his own, but clearly his family/friends were not there to support him by making it any easier. I also think Paul has a lot of issues he has to really work through before he'll be in a place where he's strong enough to make the choices he needs to. Hopefully his girlfriend was serious when she talked of helping him along the way because right now he needs it.

FORT Fogey

I am less sympathetic toward Paul than many here are. He is a grown man and he is responsible for creating his own life. I don't like him, never did. I have always gotten a vibe from him that was nasty or mean. I doubt we will see him looking good at the finale. He will have lost the least.

Of all the people left, I like Roger the most. I hope he keeps pulling big numbers and keeps himself on the Blue team. He is losing huge amounts of weight, seems like a genuinely nice guy, and appears to be less scheming than the rest of his team. I hope he ends up taking the big prize - Go Roger!!

CCL

^ I agree with you, ClosetRT. The only worry is if Blue has to eliminate someone and Dan is safe. No way will Mark or Jay vote to keep Roger over their brother.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2807437;
    ^ I agree with you, ClosetRT. The only worry is if Blue has to eliminate someone and Dan is safe. No way will Mark or Jay vote to keep Roger over their brother.
    Dan and Roger would vote for Mark or Jay= 2 votes Mark/Jay
    Mark and Jay would vote for Roger=2 votes Roger

All Roger has to do is lose more than one of them and Dan and Roger will chose to vote for the one who lost less than Roger. Both brothers had huge losses last week and probably will not be able to do that again so soon. They just need one to hit a plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2806065;
    I am less sympathetic toward Paul than many here are. He is a grown man and he is responsible for creating his own life. I don't like him, never did. I have always gotten a vibe from him that was nasty or mean. I doubt we will see him looking good at the finale. He will have lost the least.
    He's absolutely a grown man and should be taking responsibility for his actions (or lack thereof). However, I also think that his family's lack of support and the family history period significantly contributes to Paul being the way he is. In order for him to change his family/relationship dynamics have to change too.

I'm not sure if he will have lost the least or if it'll be Neill (White team). Either way, I do agree Paul'll be pretty close to the bottom.

OK, I'm totally confused. Paul got double pneumonia and GAINED weight?! All sick people I know lose weight! I've had pneumonia myself and lost, of course. So I didn't exactly lose 100% the kind of weight I wanted, i.e. fat, since I was sick and muscle goes too. But I did lose weight. I think the guy was not really very motivated.

Sheila

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2807656;
    Dan and Roger would vote for Mark or Jay= 2 votes Mark/Jay
    Mark and Jay would vote for Roger=2 votes Roger

All Roger has to do is lose more than one of them and Dan and Roger will chose to vote for the one who lost less than Roger. Both brothers had huge losses last week and probably will not be able to do that again so soon. They just need one to hit a plateau.
    Easier said than done. Roger and Dan had huge losses last week as well and will probably not do that again so soon either

Well, if judging by the promo for next week, it doesn't look like any of them will be posting big losses. It looks like it'll be trouble for the blue team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast