+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 2/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Okay, I gasped so loud when they showed Jackie and Dan playing dodge-ball that my husband came running into the room to find out what was wrong.

It has been mentioned here before that we wouldn't want to see children playing dodgeball with her and, sure enough, that's what they were doing!

My heart goes out to Paul. While watching him, it seems like he stopped growing emotionally when he was a child (which makes sense if he shut down because of his father's beatings). Kelly has even mentioned how difficult he can be and I think that is why his team sent him home. He just seems to react to things in the same way that a child would react. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2802604;
    I'm sorry, but losing 13 and 16 pounds a week this far into the program is complete insanity. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how a human being can lose that much in a week without chopping off a body part. Even these five and seven pound weekly losses are unrealistic in the real world. I wish they didn't act like losing five pounds was such an atrocity. If these folks can go home and continue to drop 3-5 pounds a week, they will reach their goals.
    In Dec I had this heavy duty infection called C Difficile ...diarihhea for over 2 weeks. I was living on Gatorade and eventually introduced Activia yogurt at Dr's orders. The reason I am telling this is because I lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks. That is with NO physical activity (I had zero energy or strength). The men showing those outrageous numbers at this point of the contest just baffles me. They must go straight from the gym to weigh in without so much as a sip of water, because drinking any fluids would affect the numbers.

BTW, at the end of my bout with C Diff, I was hospitalized for 4 days with a kidney stone...4 days on an IV drip and almost 8 pounds of what I had lost returned (if only the stone had weighed 25 lbs lmaoooo).

I think that Maggie, Bernie and Brittany did the right thing in voting Paul off. Even though he was capable of delivering big numbers it was impossible to count on him. He was the only contestant to really blow it when he went home. And he'd blown it other weeks. Plus, his attitude sucks and he annoys the heck out of me so that seals the deal! And the fact that he managed to gain 6 pounds while in the hospital with pneumonia (and apparently hasn't taken any of it off) says a lot. I do think he's serious about wanting losing weight and getting healthy - he just hasn't dealt with the issues that cause him to overeat, to make poor food choices, and to date Kelly lookalikes. And wanting and actually doing are two very different things. Oh, and not that I like Kelly much better than I like Paul. And Brittany's got quite the attitude as well. Just that if I were Maggie, Bernie, or Brittany I would have done the same thing.

I'm also amazed by the blue team's huge numbers. One interesting thing is how much the numbers for each contestant have fluctuated from week to week. This was too big of a week for blue and I don't see any way they will have big numbers next week. Black had small numbers so they're due for a big week and a win. With only 4 on the Blue team and Mark and Jay not voting for each other, it's Roger's or Dan's turn to go home. From the clip of Roger and Mark hugging, I'm guessing that Roger's going home. We'll see!

FORT Fogey

Paul was overdue to go home. He was not taking this competition seriously for whatever reason. We all have a story to tell and as an adult it is time to move on and create our own lives.

I was shocked to see Jays son hide under the table with the donut and his daughter's table manners were atrocious!

This is the first season I have watched this show and I understood, last night, how little they eat. They are eating low fat AND no carbs other than those coming from fruits and vegetables. Have they ever shown a follow up for past seasons and how the contestents have managed? I bet there are many who have regained most of their weight.

I found all those ginormous numbers after a week away from the routine of the ranch to be suspicious in the extreme. Even if they were making good choices and not pigging out, it seems impossible that they could've kept themselves working out at top intensity alone without trainer direction, or that eating semi-normal food that is not out of a Zip n' Steam baggie (like a slice of bread, for example) wouldn't have engendered some weight gain or at least weight loss slowdown. I thought the Black team's numbers were much more in keeping with a weight-loss week in the 'real world' vs the Nazi death camp school of weight loss at the ranch. I was impressed that everyone lost, even Paul, who was freebasing the soda and chicken wings. How out of perspective does this game get when a 5-pound weight loss at home with no coaching or calorie Nazis is considered a failure? 5 pounds in a week would make you the champ of any local Weight Watchers meeting in the country.

That said, I'm glad that Paul finally went, only because he seemed incapable of getting over his earlier bitterness and was emotionally relying on his ex-wife way too much. Having him there had to be such a strain on Kelly, it has to be something of a relief for her. I had to wonder for a few seconds if she actually hadn't voted for him herself. How the Black team thinks they are going to survive and start pulling 13-pound way ins after their abysmal performance is beyond me, though. I feel for the girls, because I can fully understand working hard as a female and only dropping a few pounds at a time. But what's with Bernie? He's losing weight like a girl! He is not as tall or big as Dan, but they are a similar age and they should be pulling similar numbers. I would expect 8 or 10 pounds a week from Bernie on a more consistant basis.

What is with the trainers stepping on their trainees or being dragged around/carried by them? This is getting so tedious. Wouldn't the same results be acheived by some really good cross training on the machines? I think they make these people do these ridiculous exercises because it looks goofier on television. Seriously . . .shooting baskets on the wall? Jumping over the windmills of death? How about Bernie's near-death fall off the bench? You can't tell me the dude couldn't get a better workout with less risk of head injury on the Stairmaster.

Pfft. I dislike everybody who's left, frankly, and Bob's gone over to the dark side, too. I so don't care who wins.

Actually Paul goes home an enormous winner! A gym membership for life! You gotta figure, over the course of three or four decades, that has got to add up to some significant cash. Good gyms are gonna run you several thousand a year . . if you take advantage of them. Nobody needed that prize more than Paul, and nobody is less likely to use it under his own steam, I'm afraid. Hopefully he will surprise us all and show up at the finale at 180 pounds. We can hope for that, anyway.

FORT Fan

I was disturbed that Mark or Jay (I thought it was Mark) when he took the donut from his son. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I felt it was inapproriate to do it then. The family has to gradually change the way they eat, but snatching a donut from a child and throwing them all away was a lot over the top. It was all for show at the expense of a child. I don't like these two- never have, never will. Too bad one of them will probably win.

2 comments.

Paul may have ended up on cortico steroids which are very difficult at best and impossible at worst to either try to maintain weight let alone lose most people gain weight on them.

Also i think the WL percentages are based on the teams last WI total weight so it should be diferent total weight for each team and therefor one tema mebbers 15 lbs could be the same % as anothers 10 lbs. But i have been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by L144S;2803164;
    Also i think the WL percentages are based on the teams last WI total weight so it should be diferent total weight for each team and therefor one tema mebbers 15 lbs could be the same % as anothers 10 lbs. But i have been wrong before.
    You are absolutely correct in that that is how it works on this show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2803127;
    I was disturbed that Mark or Jay (I thought it was Mark) when he took the donut from his son. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I felt it was inapproriate to do it then. The family has to gradually change the way they eat, but snatching a donut from a child and throwing them all away was a lot over the top. It was all for show at the expense of a child. I don't like these two- never have, never will. Too bad one of them will probably win.

That was the same way I felt when he then took his children's plates when the were out eating and put such a bare minimum on it. I mean, what a tease for the kids. Granted they most likely wouldn't eat it all anyways, but what an extreme to go to being there only a few days.

BFP
    FORT Newbie

Well, I had been rooting for Brittany despite her numbers being so poor leading up to this week.

Then to give Paul dirty looks and try to claim anything BUT "I'm friends with Bernie and Maggie" in justifying getting rid of the guy on the team who has lost the most weight makes me think she has no desire to actually win the game.

Good luck Black Team! Enjoy trying to win when Brittany and Maggie bust out those MASSIVE 4 pound weight losses week after week! Maybe Kelly can cry a few more pounds away.

What a brilliant strategy, always wise to keep the 2 biggest dead weights in the competition around because, hey, you like them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast