+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 02/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 02/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2793139;
    I thought it was terrible that they voted Trent out. I really thought that Mark should have gone - Trent had so much more to gain by staying at the ranch. I was happy to see that he has continued to losing weight at a good pace and it looked like his wife was joining in with him - good luck to both of them! I hope he comes back to the finale having lost the most of anyone voted off, he deserves it, he is really what this show is all about!!!
    I thought Trent was a good choice, if only because the person who most deserved to leave based on weight loss (Jay) had the immunity from the Black team. Trent was the largest guy there and could certainly have gone all the way, but I think he did an honorable thing by volunteering himself up for sacrifice. He did have an injury, which on such a large guy and with the pace he was expected to keep could have degenerated into a crippling problem. Either that or he'd have had to scale way back on his intensity level, thereby facing a demoralizing weight gain (perhaps) or at the least, being in danger of being sent home the following week if he couldn't keep up. This way the remaining team stays unified and could let him go without bitterness, because it was really in his best interests, health-wise. A much more acceptable excuse than 'homesick' last week. Though I think those boys were just playing mind games with Jackie!

Danny Boy will be next on the block if Blue loses again. Despite his good numbers, it's painfully obvious that he's not bonding with his new teammates. They are much older and all family guys, so the commonality isn't there. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. It will be a toughening experience to compete with real men who don't like him much, and it will be good for his manhood in the long run.
    Last edited by hikari; 02-13-2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: add comment

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2793228;
    Danny Boy will be next on the block if Blue loses again. Despite his good numbers, it's painfully obvious that he's not bonding with his new teammates. They are much older and all family guys, so the commonality isn't there. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. It will be a toughening experience to compete with real men who don't like him much, and it will be good for his manhood in the long run.
    I think if Roger takes him under his wing, Danny will have a great opportunity to at least begin to mature into a man while he's away from the nest. I'd love for to seem him escape the Mama's Boy syndrome that he's stuck in right now.

As for Bob, I'm wondering if he is just angry that Jillian is back. I found his mocking of Jillian's mother to be really unprofessional (but I may be a little biased--I'm not a psychotherapist but I am a psychologist...)

Snoozin' on the beach

It was unprofesional but I didn't see it as him directly mocking her mother. Rather, dismissing an idea he doesn't happen to agree with -in a very pissy, public way. This from the guy that had his team doing yoga last week. He should have remained nuetral and not said anything

FORT Newbie

I think Bob had every right to voice his opinion. I don't think he was mocking therapy. I think he was mocking bringing your mom to your job and forcing therapy upon your contestants. And I thought it was in poor taste of production to air the sessions on tv, regardless of whether the contestants agreed to it or not.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmills;2793342;
    I think Bob had every right to voice his opinion. I don't think he was mocking therapy. I think he was mocking bringing your mom to your job and forcing therapy upon your contestants. And I thought it was in poor taste of production to air the sessions on tv, regardless of whether the contestants agreed to it or not.
    Well, I was touched by the sessions that aired. It drove home the fact that so many people gain weight for EMOTIONAL reasons. My heart went out especially to Paul - that man has dealt with a lot, time to break the cycle.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;2793631;
    My heart went out especially to Paul - that man has dealt with a lot, time to break the cycle.
    Me too. I'm starting to warm up to him. Can't stand Kelly and her endless weeping. What a contrast between Trent's selflessness and Kelly's self absorbtion last night.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2791875;
    Why is this girl obsessed about this NOW? Weeks into the house? I get that its a life long concern, but why's she "especially upset" on this day?

I had the same exact thoughts as you.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2791921;
    While I think Jill's mom is actually pretty good, I have to wonder if she was as dubious as I am about the aspect of these revelations being on TV.

I mean in some cases maybe it could be even more cathartic, but with some it might have exactly the opposite effect. I'm not sure if you could predict.

LOL. I thought the same thing. What respectable psychiatrist or psychologist for that matter would agree to that. I was not impressed with that at all.

I'm glad others have spoken out about the therapy sessions. I see the inherent value in them for sure, but the public way they were done, I cannot condone!

A big to those of you wondering what's up with Bob this year. Something seems definitely off, like he wants to win at all costs against Jillian. The only season he won was against Kim. He's getting angrier and angrier as the men don't perform as he thinks they should. 2 losses in a row and I'm glad to see it. He thought with picking that team he'd have the win for sure and it's not turning out that way.

I really didn't understand the derisive way he spoke about therapy; as if it's not for men. They can just take care of their problems by going for a walk, that's all the therapy they need. Not everyone needs therpy but he really talked his whole team out of even thinking about it. As Jillian said a lot of it does stem from emotional problems, most from a long time ago, and some of them may not even connect the dots.

I'm torn about how I feel of them showing the sessions on tv. It's likely good for people who will never go to a therapist to see it, as well as maybe get them thinking about their issues. The whole privacy thing though is a bit bothersome. The point about the emotional connection a lot of people have to over-eating was definitely needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast