+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/22 Show discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 1/22 Show discussion **Spoilers**

I have to say, this episode changed my opinion on a few things. I was rooting for a few teams, with Pink right up there. In the beginning I really got a kick out of Betty, and appreciated how hard she was working. But I am glad they got the boot tonight. Betty showed her true colors, first with her facial expressions and then with what she said. She's a nasty, selfish sore loser, and her daughter is pretty much the same. HELLO?? The teams were asked" if you could vote any team out right now, which would it be?" Not one teams was shown showing any sympathy for the position the yellow team was put in. If it was I, I would've said STRAIGHT OUT to the 3 teams that put me on the block..."You all told me exactly how you feel about my team and now WE have the power. Why should I show you ANY consideration??? We had to fight like mad to win and now the shoe is on the other foot. So start packing."

Since they couldn't get the Black team, and Purple is consistently on the bottom, the choice was obvious. It also happens that the Pinks were big losers every week, so BUH BYE! The Black team is a repeat of the twins from last season, and if the other teams want THE MONEY in addition to good health, they had better continue to do anything they can to get rid of them.

As to the curveballs... the all against one team, the immunity for the top losers, etc...try as they did, the producers couldn't make it everything look "spontaneous". All of a sudden, Bob is suspicious, talking about numbers and being pissed if he sees small ones. The machinations of the producers got the desired result. Teams had to start thinking about game play, alliances, set ups, etc. in order to assure their own safety. Nothing new in the world of reality tv, as we all know.

If I was in Yellow's place I would eliminate who I thought was the biggest threat and that would have been the Grey Team cause its the other big 2 man team; from the way Yellow was initially talking I thought it might be Orange or Grey, still I can see why Pink went as they were bigger losers than Purple. Regardless of tonights game playing I thought it was stupid of Black to make threats of "there will be consequences" from tonight's actions. Come on, you guys are consistent losers, always with the big numbers the other teams would be nuts not too consider you a potential threat and try to get rid of you.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I was sorry to see Bette Sue and Ali go tonight. Ok, so Bette Sue isn't the best sport when she was voted out - she was up front and admitted it. That 53 year old woman has guts and she stuck it out and was losing numbers higher than women half her age.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Snoozin' on the beach

They should have gotten rid of the grey team. They lost 25 lbs. this week! To not vote them out or sway Paul and Kelly to vote them out was beyond stupid. Right behind grey as big threats is Orange team. Pink falls in the middle of the pack-not much of a threat. There's no way to spin it-they only had pink in their sites for revenge. Pretty darn stupid to choose for revenge-they overlook even bigger threats just to get payback.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2765708;
    76 pounds in 5 months! (I'm a 42 year old female, by the way)
    That's fantastic! We have several big losers posting here.

FORT Fogey

The insentive to stay in involves a quarter of a million dollars and more importantly, to most of them, an environment that facilitates success on a grand scale. Since only one can win they are really fighting to stay in just one more week and see another huge drop.

I am all for playing the game to win in anyway you can; I think that is smart and makes the show interesting for me. You wouldn't fold in poker with a good hand or fudge a monopoly play. This is a game.

The gray team does lose big numbers but their body percentage remains below the top because of their size. They are also in the biggest health crisis and all seem to have heart when it comes to these guys. I get why they did not consider them for elimination.

Logic says to only consider the teams who voted against you. It is a way to present a defense for your actions that will keep you in good standing with the others. I thought their choice was well thought out and solid.

I am disappointed the couples are being broken apart. Again we have men against the women and we have seen this before. ho hum.

Dan has an excellent chance at winning this due to his age.

Doesn't splitting the couples defeat the purpose of the show: Biggest Loser Couples??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2766314;
    Doesn't splitting the couples defeat the purpose of the show: Biggest Loser Couples??
    You get a resounding YES from me! I was thinking that the couples variation might stick long enough to see men/women couples only season to give a female a shot at winning. It makes no sense. From here on out we have the same old format.

FORT Fan

I'm so sad to see the Pink team gone, but I totally understand Yellow's reasoning and I can't argue with it. As much as we might like this show to be all about weight loss, it has always been about game play. You can't win if you don't play. I always expected that they would break up the teams eventually. That's part of the formula even before they had the couples as natural teams. Put a team together, get the members to start bonding, and then separate them. This time their teams were already bonded except for the blue team. They've still got about 9 weeks left before the finale, and they only have 6 teams, so they had to move to individuals at some point.

Molly Mouse - Woo hoo for you!! Congrats on the weight loss!

Unklescott - how many lbs is it for you now?

I still can't believe I'm down 130 lbs and going to run a Half Marathon this weekend. I'm 52, and way better than I was at 30 or 40.

Marilyn

I didn't really like the twist last night. I found it a bit unfair but was amazed the yellow team kicked but in the weigh in.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast