+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 1/8 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 1/8 Show discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2747710;
    Wouldn't it make sense to eliminate the yellow team because they stand to lose more and be a threat? Or is the idea to eliminate those who are doing well and will succeed at home? This is a game with a money prize as well as the benefit of staying as long as you can. Voting for the brown team made no sense to me, none.
    Hee! We'll never be happy with how people choose to vote out other people/teams. Last season people were moaning about contestants voting out those people that were threats as that was considered "mean and selfish and they should take into account that so-and-so needed more help." Now people are already moaning because they are voting off people that they believe can succeed at home and kept people that they felt needed the continued help that being at the house will provide even though they might be a threat.

They can't win.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2747350;
    This show is nuts. You don't gain a pound by eating 210 calories of sugar or anything else. It takes 3500 calories to create a pound. Sugar does not throw a body into a frenzy or make it instantly gain a pound over night!

After the huge losses in week one, obviously week 2 is going to be less and as Jillian said, week 2 is notoriously bad. When you over work and over train your body will hold onto water. Why on earth don't the trainers know this and if they do why not share that?

I was suprized to see the brown team go. They are on the thinner side and less competition in the future. The yellow team has the potential to stay above the yellow line with high losses because they are so heavy.
    To begin with, you gain one pound of weight when you eath 3500 calories beyond what you need to maintain your weight. Sugar does throw the body into various frenzies, triggering other factors that may lead it to either binge or hold onto the fat. Certain hormones such as cortisol are also factors that may stop people from losing weight. When people overwork and overtrain their bodies don't hold onto water (unless they are not hydrated). Unfortunately it holds on to fat.

Finally, the poster who wrote that she lives on 900 calories a day is best advised to seek some sort of medical help. Anything below 1200 calories a day is not healthy, whether nutritional or not. Ask any endocrinologist, nutritionist, exercise physiologist.

Sorry, guys, these are facts, and for various reasons I don't want to go into, I happen to know them.

Sheila

Well I was the one who said it... and I have consulted with many a people. So what I am doing is what is healthy and best for me. I certainly don't advocate it for anyone or for someone to start something without consulting with professionals first. But alas, I did when I started and have maintained bi-monthly (sometimes tri-monthly) meetings. So no need to worry about me needing to seek medical help, already done that!

Mu mom's not an avid watcher, but when I talked to her today, she told me about how everyone at work was commenting on the size 9 surprise too! How funny that that's what got most people talking.

I'm curious to see how they do next week for numbers. Hmmm...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2747838;
    Hee! We'll never be happy with how people choose to vote out other people/teams. Last season people were moaning about contestants voting out those people that were threats as that was considered "mean and selfish and they should take into account that so-and-so needed more help." Now people are already moaning because they are voting off people that they believe can succeed at home and kept people that they felt needed the continued help that being at the house will provide even though they might be a threat.

They can't win.
    This is the first full season that I have watched this show. Didn't mean to moan, just observing something I thought was off.

Sheila- Of course the 3500 calories does not cause the pound gain unless it is over the mark of taking in what you use.

Perhaps it is symantics here but I maintain that 210 calories of sugar does not cause a "frenzy" in your body. Sugar will spike your blood sugar and raise your glycemic index and when a crash occurs you will experience hunger. Living in this cycle creates weight gain and heath problems; we all know this. We are talking about a handful of M&M's here. The contestant's weight gain of one pound was not because of 210 extra calories. That is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2746727;
    Also, the son from the mother/son team reminds me of a younger and slightly smaller Bruce Vilanch.
    Oh, that's funny, I was thinking he looked like Chris Griffin from Family Guy.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Oh crap, OTiS! You're right!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2747018;
    And, yeah . . .Mallory looked great, but at 184 pounds still no freaking way is she wearing her daughter's junior-sized pants! Not with the zipper up, at any rate. C'mon Mal . . .you look wonderful, but you have a woman's body, not an adolescent girl's. Nor should you--let's not lie about it and contribute to unnecessary size obsessions. I am in the 170s, and a size fourteen. Even if I reach my goal weight of 135 pounds, I won't be back in the junior sizes. The last time I was that small, I was a misses 8-10. Mallory has a different body type than mine, but there's no getting a junior's size 9 over those hips. I wish them both all the best, but that includes a realistic assessment of their actual size.

Well, I weighed 181 yesterday at the gym and I wear a size 12 Levis jeans. Like others have said, it's totally conceivable that she is wearing size 9 of some brand, especially if she is top-heavy. I'm the opposite. I wear a 10 top.

OMG my fiance said the same thing about him looking just like Chris Griffin! Poor guy.....hopefully he will lose a ton of weight and not look like a cartoon character.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213