+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 1/1 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 1/1 Premiere Show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2739269;
    And, the Pink Team just cracks me up. I can see how Betty-Sue might rub people the wrong way because she speaks her mind but I love that she is being her total self-artsy hairstyle and all. I can tell that she is creative and fun-loving (I, personally, loved the Beyonce dance because she wasn't afraid of making a fool of herself).

Go Pink Team!
    I started out totally wanting them off of my television screen, but I ended up really finding Betty Sue to be a hoot. When she wasn't busy whining she was quite entertaining. Bob didn't really let her just whine. He made her work and she really stepped it up. Loved that she made comments to Bob that were sarcastic but not really intended to be mean, just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Mom;2738709;
    How does one lose 29 pounds in one week? I guess he was eating thousands of calories a day with absolutely no exercise.
    I have a theory: how about he water-loaded before the show? That way he shows he is much heavier than he really was, gets to lose a higher percentage, very impressive numbers too, and he has an advantage.

Alternatively, it is possible that this person has severe water retention problems when obese. There are people who can retain as much as 10 pounds of water, especially women just before their period.

Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by sheila;2739814;
    Alternatively, it is possible that this person has severe water retention problems when obese. There are people who can retain as much as 10 pounds of water, especially women just before their period.
    I was thinking water as well. I retain water like crazy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Many former contestants have also mentioned that this first "week" isn't a week at all... it's a bit longer. So a combination of all three things, I am sure.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think the right team got the boot, too. I thought it was very bizarre that he used his "60-year-old feet" as an excuse to just stop. Scoring a spot on this show couldn't have been easy and that was such a feeble/lame thing to say when there were so many people who would have given their eyeteeth to be in their position. I felt sorry for the daughter--what a sad defeat for her. This show always is so emotional!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2738747;
    I wonder how the producers are going to allow for this in the "shocking reveals" at the end. I mean the rush to get this on the air to cover the strike-time programming gap will inherently result in smaller grand totals at the end, and even the ongoing "biggest losers at home" figures will be smaller.

I mean the numbers will be impressive for the time involved. But the show is kind of competing with its own past success, when they had bigger gaps since Day 1 to the finale air date.
    I'm also curious about this. The contestants will have a less amount of time to lose all the weight after the show is over than past contestants did in previous seasons. I'm hoping that they can still prevail and lose a good amount of weight for the finale.

I liked the premiere, but it's kind of weight to see another season of this show after the final aired less than 2 weeks ago (or however many weeks, I can't remember ). I'm hoping this season will turn out great because so far, it has been.

Oh, and I noticed something. The teams that were really worried before the weigh-in were the top 2 teams.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I forgot to make this comment earlier, but I was surprised by the amount of weight that almost all the women lost. It was pleasantly surprising to see virtually all the women posting double digit losses.

FORT Fogey

I have to believe that they all know the trick of loading up on water before the initial weigh in.

I am new to watching this show so I hadn't realized that they pushed this to air sooner because of the strike. Last season, my first, I noticed that many of the contestants were still quite fat at the finale. What chance do they have for a dramatic finale now? The degree these people are overweight is profound.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I am really enjoying it - It was easier for me to figure out who's who when they are all in different colors

I think I remember seeing a calendar hanging in the background when they were showing the doctor talking to one of the contestants and it said October, which means if there's a live ending, that's still a couple months away, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789