+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brittany & Bernie - No Prior Relationship

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Brittany & Bernie - No Prior Relationship

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2785050;
    It looks like he's trying to look older and more butch with the beard, but it's not working. He looks more like a Hobbit, in a 'Frodo Goes to College' kinda way. .
    Exactly!!! Adorable, but definitely not butch! I think his facial bones have to become more defined before the beard can help at all. That's at least 50 pounds away....

I think that the men quit shaving so the makeover they get really does have a huge impact.
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I was totally cheering for Brittany until last night's episode. What a B&tch. I can't believe how smug she was during the elimination vote. I can't stand people who think they are better than everyone else. Hopefully she goes soon but since she is the strongest on the black team she probably won't for a long time.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fogey

Please, could someone give me a Cliffs Notes version of what Brittany said. I FF'd through the ending just to see who left.

I don't see Brittany as being the strongest on the black team... she's lost the least amount of weight. How is she strongest?

With all due respect, I give her a lot of leeway for Tuesday's snark at Paul. shoepie, I don't recall it word for word because I had ignored much of Paul's comment, but.. he had made some remark about being the yellow team and Brittany took offense to it, commenting that they were no longer the yellow team, they were the black team... and she basically went off on him about how he was a crappy teammate and wasn't making any effort, etc.. None of what she said was false. And she wasn't the only one doing the eye-rolling... Paul was doing it something fierce as he has for weeks.

We get the joy of obnoxious Paul on our tv screen one day a week... Brittany's had to live with him for what... 6 weeks at this point? And after deliberately snubbing any assistance from Jillian while he was home, and essentially bragging about it, I would be pretty upset with him, too. I am just surprised that it took anyone this long before they gave him a piece of their mind.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Paul and his ex have felt for some time that they will be the next to go home on their team. If you remember her crying all through the weigh in last week, when it looked like black was doomed (only to be saved by a last min. reprieve due to the 4lb loss), it was because she knew Paul was the biggest loser on their team so she was a goner. This time she was the biggest loser on their team so he knew he was a goner. And it was clear from the brief discussion they showed that the 3 young ones are a unit. Paul was, not too tactfully from his ex's point of view, expressing this by wearing his yellow shirt under the black, saying that they didn't feel linked with the rest of the team. Britney went off on him saying yes, they were too part of the team, but really, it didn't seem like they were. I think the old links are still there...and I'd guess that even Brit and Bernie, who didn't know each other beforehand, would vote out the other young woman next week if Paul's ex is the biggest loser for their team again, just because B&B were a team originally. Brit was also rolling her eyes and smiling in a very smirky way as Paul got voted out. Not saying Paul was any pleasure to be around, but he definitely had a point, and for her to deny it was quite hypocritical...as you could see from her smirks. She definitely lost points with me on this round.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2805376;
    I don't see Brittany as being the strongest on the black team... she's lost the least amount of weight. How is she strongest?

With all due respect, I give her a lot of leeway for Tuesday's snark at Paul. shoepie, I don't recall it word for word because I had ignored much of Paul's comment, but.. he had made some remark about being the yellow team and Brittany took offense to it, commenting that they were no longer the yellow team, they were the black team... and she basically went off on him about how he was a crappy teammate and wasn't making any effort, etc.. None of what she said was false. And she wasn't the only one doing the eye-rolling... Paul was doing it something fierce as he has for weeks.

We get the joy of obnoxious Paul on our tv screen one day a week... Brittany's had to live with him for what... 6 weeks at this point? And after deliberately snubbing any assistance from Jillian while he was home, and essentially bragging about it, I would be pretty upset with him, too. I am just surprised that it took anyone this long before they gave him a piece of their mind.
    Thanks. I dont like Paul and it looks like he got what he deserved. Not answering Jillians call was a clear reflection as to how serious he was about this.

Paul and Kelly haven't done anything to endear themselves to this team. Had Paul made any effort to act like a teammate I might feel differently about Brittany's actions. But he has been a jerk from day one, has been a jerk from the moment he got on the new black team, was a jerk in the small, heavily edited comments that they showed us before Brittany got snarky, and I am sure he was even more of a jerk during the entire scene that they'd didn't show us. For that reason Brittany's eye rolling, before and after Paul's ouster, does absolutely nothing to my perception of her. My eyes were rolling right along with her. It was far too late for Paul to try to pull the "poor me" routine when he's the one that put himself on the outside looking in.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I thought Brittany was being wenchy & snarky at the elimination ceremony. It was obvious during the meeting of the three "youngsters" that they had already decided to vote Paul out, despite the fact that he was consistantly pulling large numbers at the ranch. Plus, I felt that Paul NEEDED to stay at the ranch more than the others, he obviously has trouble keeping to the straight and narrow at home.

Bottom line, I lost a lot of respect for Brittany this week and was very sorry to see Paul go.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;2806638;
    I thought Brittany was being wenchy & snarky at the elimination ceremony. It was obvious during the meeting of the three "youngsters" that they had already decided to vote Paul out, despite the fact that he was consistantly pulling large numbers at the ranch. Plus, I felt that Paul NEEDED to stay at the ranch more than the others, he obviously has trouble keeping to the straight and narrow at home.

Bottom line, I lost a lot of respect for Brittany this week and was very sorry to see Paul go.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you. Brittany will lose weight when she eventually leaves the ranch but as shown in the "how they've done since leaving" segment, Paul gained weight.

My comment about Brittany being the strongest was in reference to her ability to compete in the challenges against the men. She was the last black team member on the escalator and in the jump/duck challenge. That quality to compete and be strong was why I used to be impressed by her. The qualities she showed in the voting room in the last episode is why I am no longer impressed by her.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast