+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jay & Mark - Brothers

FORT Newbie

Re: Jay & Mark - Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;2803260;
    I'm probably in the minority of people who like this team. As far as the Jackie elimination episode, I thought it was rather forceful of Jackie to approach the brothers almost demanding they "swear" they wouldn't vote her out. I think it was Jackie who was trying to run the show and manipulate the brothers into doing what she wanted. Just as she manipulated the whole team in one the first challenges so that the brother wouldn't win it.
    You are not alone. I like this team too. I hope they and Roger go all the way. Mark has his faults, but like someone reported in an earlier post, Mark brings it every week. Additionally, he has never tried to throw a weigh-in just to ruin someone else's chances to make it to the final. He has played fair while others have tried to manipulate the weigh-ins to vote him off.

FORT Fogey

I like this team too. I tivo the show and roll through some of the footage so maybe I miss some of their behavior that has repelled others.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm not sure I'd like being his younger brother though....the You finally beat your brother line was very telling... he managed one good response, but was back to putting his brother down again before long, and bossing him around.

there is a fine line between being confident and being cocky and Mark is cocky. I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad that he is gone. Bye, Mr. Cry Baby.

at least he kept his word, otherwise, it would make him a even bigger jerk.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;2803691;
    Should I admit that I've got a little crush on Mark? He reminds me of a long, long ago and far, far away boyfriend I had Yeah, I know he is rough around the edges but there were moments in last night's episode that he showed a lot of tenderness to his wife and daughter.

I like Mark. He's driven. And, is he gorgeous all trimmed down.

The only thing that has rubbed me the wrong way is how he treats his brother. He is sort of a know-it-all, surrogate father. I sense that the younger brother picks up on this and it drives him crazy. He needs to let it go, and let his brother take responsibility for his own life - good or bad.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=Jexter;2823198;
    The only thing that has rubbed me the wrong way is how he treats his brother. He is sort of a know-it-all, surrogate father. I sense that the younger brother picks up on this and it drives him crazy. He needs to let it go, and let his brother take responsibility for his own life - good or bad.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering how much of that was pressure from his parents to "take care of your brother?" Or, something like that?

My younger (and more athletic) sister was with me when I was kidnapped. Even as an adult, she mother-hens me at times. Now, I am not saying that Mark and Jay went through something THAT traumatic, but I wonder if Mark was supposed to be looking after Jay and there was an accident or something that Mark hasn't forgiven himself for, yet.

CCL

You were kidnapped, Julie Ann?! How frightening. Glad you're okay.

I think Mark is just a typical older brother in a lot of ways ... over-protective, always thinks he's right etc. And Jay goes along with it so maybe he's okay with the way their relationship is. It'll be interesting to see what Jay is like in the house now that Mark is gone. He was always rather in Mark's shadow thus far.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

HEY MARK! You just got voted off the BL, What are you doing NOW?

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

That's right! I was at Disneyland today and saw Mark, his wife and their daughter. He looks GREAT! He looks really healthy, not a big person. His wife looks great too!
    I was standing in line for a ride in Fantasyland and they walked RIGHT next to me. They were looking for someone, I heard him say, "I think they are up there. Let's keep looking." (maybe his brother?)
    I was really impressed with his over all appearance. No one else seemed to notice him. I wish I would of stopped them and told his wife that SHE was a Saint! He was away for 4 months in the California "winter" while she was freezing.

My Disneyland excitement!!

FORT Fanatic

Oh, how totally cool!

I grew up around "The Industry" so I don't get all excited when I see "movie stars" (although...please don't hold me to this statement if I happen to see George Clooney or Philip Palmer ). However, I would probably get totally excited to see Mark, Jay, Kelly, Ali or Bette Sue if I saw them in person!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123