+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Why is it that when they show the way "losers" look today, they still look fat and most have not lost any weight beyond what they lost at Rancho Dietito?

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;2715939;
    Even though I should be thrilled to have three females in the finals, I feel oddly flat and disappointed. As much as I have wanted a female winner, this year I am rooting for Bill.
    I feel exactly the same on all counts. Also, now that the final four are completely comprised of the Black team, it feels so anti-climatic. We are missing the drama of seeing any serious, season-built rivalaries and are instead going to watch some casual friends get together to chit-chat and see how much weight they've lost.

It's a shame that the Red Team did so well in the challenges and was the first team wiped out. It seems unfair that no matter how hard they worked or came together, in the grand scheme of the competition, it mattered not. My vote would be to have the prize for each and every challenge be some type of poundage credit, they can vary the credit weight week to week but it would always be a constant challenge prize. And the prizes like the cars and the calls home would be extra bonuses to the challenge winner.

I hope the producers are paying attention to how this season came to pass. There's got to be a way to allow the more deserving and hard-working competitors to continue in the competition without losing the drama of the vote offs that the producers are so much in love with. For me, it is always the least appealing part of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2717395;
    Why is it that when they show the way "losers" look today, they still look fat and most have not lost any weight beyond what they lost at Rancho Dietito?
    1. These contestents came in very heavy with possibly all needing to lose at least 100 to 200lbs. Therefore even if you were on the ranch the entire 3.5 months and lost over 100lbs like Neil did you are still heavy. He still looks as if he needs to lose another 80 or 90lbs. That was happens when you start at 400+lbs.

2. That is why the finale is so much fun. How successful will they be dieting and working out once at home and having to go to work and socialize. Many contestents continue lose 60 or 80 lbs while off the show. Some just maintain what they lost on the show.

3. Anyone notice that the smaller Neil's face got the bigger his eyebrows look, especially in his what I weight now photo???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2717395;
    Most have not lost any weight beyond what they lost at the ranch? Um... there hasn't been one person in the last couple of seasons that has not lost any weight at home. The smallest weight loss to date of any of this season's bootees has been the very last contestant booted and he had even lost 22 more pounds since his August boot.

I cannot imagine that Neil's follow up video had been filmed TOO recently or else people would be getting a good gauge of what he'll be like at next week's finale. These producers have been very, very good about not giving away the amazing shock value of the last show.

Bearcata.... Neil's eyebrows did look hilariously large. I think he needs to have a spa day. And his hair was looking noticeably Danny Zuko-ish.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Re: Biggest Loser 12/11 Recap: The Penultimate Disappointment

I have a hard time understanding why the women lose less weight than the men do. The men lose weight all over while the women still carry too much fat around the hips, stomach and thighs.. The women seem to be working out just as hard as the men, yet, have a hard time losing those inches. From past shows, very few women have lost a lot of weight around the hips, stomach and thighs, while most of the men are much thinner all over. All of them deserve credit for sticking to a weight loss program.

I was glad to see Neil was not in the final four. He should have been kicked off the show for the water loading. He tried to make the show all about him winning money. He seemed to lose track of what the show is all about. I've watched all the shows and Neil is the only person I've actually disliked.

That's our Neil--ugly on the inside and out!

I always wonder what the loved ones of reality show contestants think when their loved one has behaved like a complete a$$ on national television. Can Neil's tiny little girlfriend laugh off his antics on TV because she knows that he's really a teddy bear . . . .or is this forcing her to reconsider the engagement? Hmm. While I don't wish ill upon Neil, neither do I wish him to have a better girl than he deserves.

As Marty has proven so well, sometimes people start out humble and likeable in their fat bodies & morph into narcissistic maniacs after an overdose of instant celebrity attention. Even though Neil will never get thin enough or buff enough to be good-looking, like Marty, the egotism is already firmly in place--guess we'll see how things are going next week!

Make sure you stop on the way home and get a case of water,
    Unklescott what you said about Neil was funny, I'll second that.

It will be hard for any of the women to beat Bill, he has already lost more than any of the women. He really doesn't have all that much weight to lose compared to how much weight the women must lose to beat him. Bill is very likable hope he wins but would also like to see a woman win for a change.

If a man (meaning Bill) wins again this season, I think NBC should re-evaluate the show. Maybe instead of having two teams with mixed sexes, have an all male team and an all female team, and then in the end have two Biggest Losers - one male and one female.

FORT Newbie

Re: Biggest Loser 12/11 Recap: The Penultimate Disappointment

Let's all understand that this show is edited in a way that will make everyone look like a douche from time to time. That being said, there were two "goodbyes" that are filmed each time someone leaves the show. One where everyone is allowed to get up and hug, etc the one leaving...and one ending where they're told to just sit there. The producers choose which one they want to show, and in this case because of time constraints they choose the much shorter goodbye. I'm sure that's why they cut Neil's return home as well...just not enough time. They could have easily done it, but they wanted to build towards the finale.

Interesting information, julker. I've never heard that they film two different send-offs. Inside info??? Do tell.

I did figure that we got a quickie home visit video for Neil because they wanted to fit in all of the Final 4/Jillian clips. I would have loved to have seen his family's reaction to his drastic difference, but it was understood.

And to FORT!!!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast