+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: 12/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2715125;
    I'm thrilled with a black team F4. Bill's probably got it in the bag but you never know. Neil looked creepy. Definitly not fat but he looked like an ugly Eddy Munster. Glad to see that putz finally get the boot-it was a long time coming. They finally took out the trash voting out Neil-yea!

an ugly Eddie Munster! priceless! i am so happy he got the boot - well deserved. and even happier that his send off was puny compared to his other blue team members!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2715127;
    I'm actually thinking Julie could win this.

Sure, Bill's got a huge obvious advantage, but in a way Julie does too. She's got the smallest build (she's 5' 2") and can go about being the first person to win this show from that perspective. Her percentages will continue to be much larger for less weight dropped.

I also wonder if we might get a person who left early losing more than the eventual winner this year. I'm thinking we might.
    Though to give Isabeau her credit, she is losing alot as well. What was her total? 81 or 89 pounds? Bill seems the obvious weight loser but really any of the women could possibly win as well. They've lost smaller amounts up to this point but they have lost steadily. You never know how the body will reacte to change. What was Julie's medical condition that made weight lose more difficult? I think Hollie had the thyroid problem but I can't remember what Julie had.

FORT Fanatic

*happy sigh*

Thanks, kids! I didn't realize it was only an hour this week. I'm looking forward to watching it!

looking back we all have to admit they had an inherent advantage that never went away, since they had the first two weeks elimination free.
    That has crossed my mind on several occasions and I've wondered if Bob and Kim have cried "foul!"

On the other hand, I do love the fact that the "rejects" are the ones in the Final Four.

I was so underwhelmed, unimpressed with this episode. It was so obvious that Neil was going home. Thank goodness the show was only 1 hour long they really should have just cut it down to 30 minutes. I'm just taping the finale and fast forwarding it to the interesting parts. That should take all of what 15 minutes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

The eliminees won't have bigger percentage losses than the winner. The winner will be around 50%.

People like Kae, Jim, Amy, Neil, Nicole, Phil, etc. weren't anywhere near it.

I think Bill almost has it bagged with Isabeau as the longshot. They have been really foreshadowing a female winner and I think it just might be her. She has an advantage, she has a lot to lose and I believe this is the most ammount of time they had had from the end of filming to the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2715224;
    The eliminees won't have bigger percentage losses than the winner. The winner will be around 50%.

People like Kae, Jim, Amy, Neil, Nicole, Phil, etc. weren't anywhere near it.
    What's with the past tense?

These people keep losing weight when they go home. When they are weighed on the finale they won't weight what they did when they left the show. They won't even still weigh what we saw on the "flash forward" they always show of the "player at home".

So the possibility of someone who went home early having as big a loss as a finalist, or possibly even bigger, always exists, even if they aren't rewarded for that specifically.
    Last edited by Krom; 12-12-2007 at 01:02 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I am happy with tonight's show!! Can't weight to see the final one of the four.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2715127;
    I'm actually thinking Julie could win this.

Sure, Bill's got a huge obvious advantage, but in a way Julie does too. She's got the smallest build (she's 5' 2") and can go about being the first person to win this show from that perspective. Her percentages will continue to be much larger for less weight dropped.
    Dear Lord, I hope not. I can't stand her.

But she really doesn't stand a chance. Right now she's sitting at 58lbs lost with 3.5 months with a personal trainer. She's not going to come anywhere close to matching that total without one. But her potential possibility even compared to Bill would be:

Started at 218.. left camp at 160

If gets to 125lbs... 93lbs lost= 42.7 percent weight loss
    If gets to 120lbs... 98lbs lost= 45 percent weight loss

Think she can lose 40lbs on her own? Her body will probably not let her get below 120 realistically. But her past history leads me to believe that she won't be able to maintain anywhere close to the motivation without prodding.

Bill, on the other hand, has already lost 38.9 percent of his weight. Started at 334.. left camp at 204

If gets to 184... 150lbs lost= 44.9 percent Losing anything more than twenty pounds is already going to put Bill over Julie. And it's much more likely that Bill will lose more than 20lbs at home than Julie losing more than 40.

Isabeau is the only one that truly poses a threat and I cannot stomach the thought of her winning. She's been so unlikeable since show one that I just cannot root for her to beat Bill... first female winner or not. Blech.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

When this season started I liked the concept of the "losers", the "rejects" coming back as the "third" team. Who doesn't like the underdog, especially since they were facing 2 hostile teams. It seemed a sure thing that they would not last. But in fact they won. Why do I not like them at all? Except for Bill, I find I cannot like any of the women. I mean they played smart and protected their alliance. Seriously, Hollie and Isabeau have both had their butts saved because of the alliance, but I don't like them. I can even say I dislike them, am enven disgusted by them. I find their whinny, self entitled attitudes a bit much to take.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Snoozin' on the beach

I'd prefer a Bill win but i'm fine with any of them. I'm not feeling the dislike for Julie, Hollie and Isabeau the way some are-though i'm not feeling love for them either. If any of the women do win, they deserve it because they will have had to lose alot of weight to beat Bill. Julie and Hollie may not be the biggest weight loers throughoutt he show but they are putting in the work and effort. It's not like they haven't lost huge amounts because they are eating twinkies or slacking off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast