+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;2694388;
    Bite the big one, Kim. Please don't be on my screen for the rest of the season...or next season either!!
    I think you (and I! ) might just get that wish. The promo pics for next season only show Bob and Jillian
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2694449;
    Cubsfan55...Counting calories, watching my carb/protein/fat ratio, LOTS of veggies and whole grains...MOLLY
    That is wonderful, Molly!
    As I said before, YOU are an inspiration.

I think it's safe to speak on behalf of all of us here on this board~
    Keep up the great work!!

Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2694466;
    I think you (and I! ) might just get that wish. The promo pics for next season only show Bob and Jillian
    Well HECK...then allow me to throw a party in this reply too!!!

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;2694439;
    I think he said 118 lbs!!
    I must have heard it wrong. I thought it said since coming to the ranch campus he lost 118. They used to say how much they lost since leaving the ranch and then the total all together. I'm wondering how many pounds he lost since getting the boot up to today

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2694414;
    I must say that this show is very encouraging to me in my own weight loss journey .... though I am certainly losing much, much, much more slowly than they do on the show. I just love seeing how they look in the updates ... it gives me an extra push to keep going.

In 14 weeks, I've lost 54.4 pounds ... so I've got about 105 still to go.

Glad B is doing well.
    Congrats on the weight loss MollyMouse, very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2694449;
    Cubsfan55 ....

Counting calories, watching my carb/protein/fat ratio, LOTS of veggies and whole grains, very minimal exercise right now ... more once I've lost another 20 pounds or so. I eat 1500 calories a day ... very well-balanced ... and get about 10 servings of veggies a day. No fad diets, no pills, no gimmicks, just good basic nutrition and a few supplements.

I've got diabetes (on insulin), asthma, and high cholesterol/high blood pressure, so my docs didn't want me really exercising until I lost my first 70 pounds or so ... and now I'm just 15 pounds away from that. But I do treadmill a little (shhh! Don't tell ... 10 minutes twice a day ... just walking) ... and I do some very leisurely biking about twice a week.

MOLLY
    Congrats, MollyMouse.

I am just as excited for no Kim next season!

Ok, as much as I don't like Neil I will admit to getting a little misty eyed when he dropped below 300. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2694510;
    I must have heard it wrong. I thought it said since coming to the ranch campus he lost 118. They used to say how much they lost since leaving the ranch and then the total all together. I'm wondering how many pounds he lost since getting the boot up to today
    Ooops- my bad.
    Ya know, I'm not positive. I thought he was at -106 when he left and is now at -118. Or was at -112 and now at -118. Oh I just don't know.
    And I don't have a DVR or Tivo so I can't go back and check it for you.

Anyone else able to give the update?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2694517;
    I am just as excited for no Kim next season!

Ya gotta love a good party!!

I started at 369, and when I lose another 15 pounds and drop below 300 ... I will be in tears. Tears. It's HARD to lose weight when you're a 40+ female, which is why they have only cast men in that range. My wonderful DH has been very encouraging when I start comparing myself to Hollie (who started at 297), reminding me that she is 15 years younger and started out weighing 75 pounds less. But, slow and steady wins the race.... and I'm heading for the 200s. (My estimate is I will hit that in January.)

Molly

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2694189;
    I might be mistaken, but isn't it important to stay hydrated throughout a workout?
    As soon as one of the bottled water companies pays the "product placement" fee you'll see the water.

At my age (65) I take several breaks during exercising to rest my heart for a few minutes and drink plenty of water. I learned a hard lesson about a year ago. I didn't hydrate myself or take a break during an intense cardio/weight workout. After I completed all my sets, I started to feel lightheaded and suddenly the floor came up and hit me in the face. I was fine after a few minutes, was checked out at a local hospital and released by the medical staff. So yes IT IS IMPORTANT to stay hydrated throughout a workout.
    Last edited by Hutch; 11-27-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Spelling
    If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

+ Reply to Thread