Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erik - Jennifer Season 3

Erik - Jennifer Season 3

ERIK
    New York

Two kids (3, 5)

Favorite Foods: Lasagna with meat sauce, Morton's Porterhouse steak, cheesecake with graham cracker crust

This Long Island family man and deli owner works day and night to provide for his family. Erik was an athlete growing up but after he stopped running twice a day the weight started packing on. His massive weight gain has tremendously impacted his wife and daughters by limiting what he can do with them. However, don't underestimate Erik; he still is light on his feet and often breaks out into dance moves. When it comes to competition Erik says he will shine and leave everyone in the dust. Erik is that guy that everyone will be rooting for!

ERIN
    Rhode Island

Three kids

Favorite Foods: Steak, french fries, chocolate or coffee ice cream

Erin is a wife and mother of three beautiful girls. Erin readily admits that she lost herself sometime during her five years of motherhood. She had her first daughter at the age of 25 and twins less than two years later. While she was able to shed the pregnancy weight after her first child, she has had a tougher time bouncing back after the twins. Erin spends more time taking care of her husband, three kids, two rabbits and the family dog than she does herself. She felt the walls closing in on her. Between bottles, diapers, and potty training, her life became a blur. To add to the stress, Erin wasn't seeing much of her husband because he had to work so much overtime to support the family. The only time Erin felt in control was when she was eating. Now, she wants to get real control over her life. She is motivated because she wants to be a positive role model for her girls and so that her husband will look at her with desire again. Erin knows that she has wasted much too much time and negative energy focusing on how fat she was. When Erin gets back on track, nothing can stop her!

EVELYN
    Nebraska

No children

Favorite Foods: Chile rellenos, egg foo yung, whipped potatoes with heavy cream and real butter, and if there is a Jack in the Box or Fatburger nearby, she is SCREWED!!

People who know Evelyn would describe her as a bubbly, outgoing, sensitive person who is always there for the people she cares about. Evelyn acknowledges that her preoccupation with her weight has kept her from pursuing her dreams and that she has used it as an excuse for too long. After years of yo-yo dieting, Evelyn now wants to put herself first and take care of her health once and for all. Her love of Mexican food and fast food presents a big challenge for Evelyn in her quest to get healthy. She also admits that she is an emotional eater, which has sabotaged her previous weight loss efforts. While she was athletic in the past, she hasn't been doing anything to stay active these days. She is looking forward to taking salsa classes and learning some new moves to kick-start her love life and start dating again. The Biggest Loser better watch out!

HEATHER
    Utah

One kid (18 months)

Favorite Foods: Pizza, chips (all kinds), Chinese food

Heather is one devoted mom, wife and friend! But, don't be fooled, this mom is one tough competitor and definitely a force to watch out for. Heather is one smart woman and she may use strategy to her advantage. She takes everything she does to the next level. Always honest, Heather is sure to always let you know what she is thinking or feeling. In her earlier years, weight was not an issue, as she was very athletic and active. A devoted wife and recent mother, she's gained the majority of the weight in the last three years. Heather is a competitor who simply won't quit when she puts her mind to it. For Heather, losing is not an option.
    Heather came to the show ready to make a life long change. All heart yet full of drive, Heather is a strong female personality, and she will definitely be one to root for and watch out for!

JAMIE
    Kentucky

Two children (21, 19)

Favorite Foods: Steak and potatoes, hamburger and fries, Mandarin chicken, fettucine alfredo

Jamie is a loveable, generous, hilarious family man from Elizabethtown, Kentucky stuck in a body that limits his ability to do many of the activities he once loved and excelled at. His days as a horseback rider and state-ranked tennis player are long behind him, but he's not giving up! He knows bad eating and no exercising created this monster of a weight problem and now he's ready to use diet and exercise to turn back the clock. With two kids in college, he's also looking forward to being a cool grandpa someday. This state-ranked tennis player is ready to be the #1 ranked Biggest Loser, and with his unyielding determination, he just might be!

JARON
    Arkansas

Favorite Foods: Orange Chicken from Panda Express, Totino's frozen pizzas, ribeye steak grilled medium well

Jaron is the kind of guy that likes to see things through to the end. You put a bag of chips in front of Jaron and he guarantees he'll eat the whole thing. Years of bad diet choices (too many pizzas and too much "mall Chinese food") has led Jaron to gain over 15 lbs per year since marrying his wife of 7 years. Jaron wants to put a stop to his slide down the slope of obesity so he can be there for his supportive wife and small daughter for years to come. Jaron's fitness goal is to compete in the Iron Man triathlon, an accomplishment he hopes will inspire not only his extended family where obesity and diabetes run rampant, but America as well.

JASON
    Oklahoma

Favorite Foods: Footlong chili cheese Coney's (hot dog), malt shakes, tater tots

Jason, an insurance agent, loves rock music and being the life of the party. At 351 pounds, Jason knows he needs to lose the weight, but wonders how changing his eating habits will cut into his social life. Jason gained the weight with a diet of fast food and sweets and hates vegetables. Jason is very spiritual embarking on a youth ministry cross-country trip several years ago. He's also a serious athlete who is excited to play sports and begin lifting weights again. Jason ultimately wants to be noticed by an attractive woman and finally settle down. Once he loses the weight, Jason feels confident that his life will be where he always dreamed it could be; he'll be a husband, dad, and sympathize when his kids have to eat their vegetables!

JENNIFER
    Minnesota

Two kids (23 months, 6 months)

Favorite Foods: Pizza with extra cheese, Max's Original Pickles, Insane Taco Loco chicken burrito

This gorgeous stay-at-home-mom knows about competition. As a former plus size model she's had to compete in some of the toughest industries, the fashion and pageant circuits and, she has always come out on top. Jennifer realizes she has to make a life long change. Being a devoted mother and wife, she additionally worries about being around for her children. Incredibly compassionate, Jennifer is so used to putting her family and friends first that she tends to neglect herself in the process. Always one to finish the remnants of her kids' leftover food, Jennifer is ready to conquer this battle once and for all. There is no doubt that she will be a strong competitor!

JENNIFER
    Virginia

As a medical doctor, Jennifer knows better than anyone the dangers of obesity. She has struggled with her weight all her life, but things spiraled out of control as she went through a difficult divorce and relied on food to get her through the stress and sadness. Dedicated to her career, Jennifer wants to use her own personal experience to focus her medical practice on obesity prevention and treatment. She knows that obesity is now the second-leading cause of preventable death in the United States, and she wants to devote her efforts to changing this statistic. Jennifer hopes that by reaching her goal weight on her own, she will show America that it IS possible to transform your life without risky gastric bypass surgery or weight-loss pills.

Heather is the local girl. I have someone to root for.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member
    I want to know what part of Nebraska Evelyn is from where they have Jack in the Box and "Fatburger" - I've lived in Nebraska all my life and have never heard of Fatburger. Probably a good thing, too.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    This was in the latest People magazine.....last back cover page.....sorry I had to scan it and my scanner isn't the best in the world...

It says:
    Sure I lost the most, but I gained even more. Like realizing how important drinking milk is. Some studies suggest that drinking 24 ounces of lowfat or fat free milk every 24 hours as part of a balanced, reduced-calorie diet can be a healthy and effective way to lose weight. You can learn a lot from a loser.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2190670;
    This was in the latest People magazine.....last back cover page.....sorry I had to scan it and my scanner isn't the best in the world...

It says:
    Sure I lost the most, but I gained even more. Like realizing how important drinking milk is. Some studies suggest that drinking 24 ounces of lowfat or fat free milk every 24 hours as part of a balanced, reduced-calorie diet can be a healthy and effective way to lose weight. You can learn a lot from a loser.

Thanks for posting that, it's great to see! He's a great guy, deserves some recognition.

Re: Erik - Jennifer Season 3

He was on Opah today...gained back half of the weight he lost. Hopefully he can take it off a little more slowly this time and maintain the weight loss.

I saw that...I felt bad for him because not only did he look uncomfortable but he looked so embarrassed. Wife also said they had just recently had their 3rd child.

FORT Newbie

But he spoke the truth. Losing 200 pounds in 8 months was the easy part. Keeping it off is a whole other story - maintenance has been the stumbling block for my entire weight loss journey.

FORT Fogey

Well, stress of having a new infant could play a role in some of the gain (losing focus)...I think that the results long-term is important for viewers, so they see that it's not an easy/quick fix...always a struggle. I finally decided to work toward a longer term solution, and began this summer the process for the lap-band (next week is surgery). I still love to watch this show though (I used to watch it while eating a huge dinner or snacks)!

Best of luck to you NFL1 on your surgery! Let us know how you do, ok?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast