+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ‘Biggest Losers’ Matt and Suzy engaged

FORT Newbie

‘Biggest Losers’ Matt and Suzy engaged

www . msnbc . msn . com / id / 12056406

I can't post urls cause I haven't posted alot.
    If someone could please take out all of the spaces so the link can be clickable. Thanks!

Matt & Suzy got engaged on the Today show!

From People Online

"Biggest Loser Couple Engaged

Tuesday Mar 28, 2006 10:00am EST
    Tuesday Mar 28, 2006 11:25am EST (updated)
    By Stephen M. Silverman
    CREDIT: LISA ROSE / JPI

Matt Hoover and Suzy Preston, who met while they were both contestants on NBC's The Biggest Loser, got engaged on Tuesday.

Live on the Today show, Hoover, a former wrestling coach from Iowa, asked Seattle-based Preston, a hairstylist, for her hand in marriage. Her reply: An enthusiastic "Yes!"

Wearing their workout gear in the plaza of Rockefeller Center, the two first talked about the difficulties of maintaining their long-distance relationship, prompting Hoover to say, "Suzy has no idea our relationship is about to get a little closer, I hope."

Dropping to his knee, Hoover said, "I have gone through a lot of changes in the past year. You have seen me at my worst. … I want to keep changing, but I want you to be by my side."

Digging the ring out of his pocket, he continued, "I had this made for you." Then, as a tears formed in Preston's eyes, he announced, "I'd like to ask you to be my wife!"

Preston said her only hesitation was wondering whether or not to interrupt him to say she would.

If the proposal before an audience of millions seemed unorthodox, so was the way the couple, who are both 29, first met. At the start of The Biggest Loser, Preston was a bespectacled 227-lbs. and Hoover a burly 339. "I saw him at his worst, absolutely," Preston told PEOPLE. "And he saw me at my worst. He saw me sweating and passing gas."

Their romance began secretly in the show's eighth week with long, chatty walks. On their first date, a few days after the finale, the pair lunched in Los Angeles at Koo Koo Roo, a chain specializing in grilled chicken. “It wasn't fancy, but it was good, healthy food,” Preston told PEOPLE at the time.

The couple lost a combined 252 pounds while on the show. Hoover thinks their shared experiences as finalists on Loser (he won the $250,000 grand prize, and she took home $25,000 as second runner-up) are what gave their romance a unique foundation.

"We have a lot in common. Going through something like we went through is life-changing," she said. "We are not the same people we were before all this and we are both at a point in our lives where we know what it's like to be fat and miserable – and what it's like to be happy and healthy."

As for their wedding plans, Hoover told PEOPLE before the proposal that he'd likely let his bride take over the details. "We'd get married in church. But other than that, we don't have anything definite in mind. It could be big or small, in Seattle area or in Hawaii. I'll leave all that up to Suzy." "

Holy crap, you're not kidding! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12056406

Well, I wish those crazy kids the best of luck. Hope it lasts for them...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Wow! I expected some quiet announcement that they'd broken up. I hope it lasts too. They both look great, and it sounds like they both feel good about themselves.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I was so excited to hear they had gotten engaged...I'm just sorry I missed it on TV!! CONGRATS to the both of 'em!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I knew Matt/Suzy were going to hook up the way they were acting and those Team-mates had to know it also well I'm happy for Matt/Suzy I wish the best of hope to the crazy kids. I'm only 20 years old so I hope to find a real diamond in the ruff like I am. I'm wondering when the Wedding Date is and will Suzy and Matt have a baby together I just think Couples should have a baby together I think the both of them are in there Mid 30's Well Good Luck to them

FORT Newbie
    ye they r getting married on tuesday in jamica

http://people.aol.com/people/article...536577,00.html

People Exclusive
    Biggest Loser's Matt and Suzy Get Married
    TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2006 08:55PM EST

By Pamela Warrick

Preston and Hoover

Photo by: Jason Merritt / FilmMagic

Matt Hoover and Suzy Preston, who met last year while they were contestants on NBC's The Biggest Loser, were married Tuesday in Jamaica, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

Only immediate family attended the intimate beachside ceremony, which occurred at 3 p.m. Jamaica time. Preston's sister Sandy was maid of honor, and Hoover's brother Timmy served as best man.

The bride wore a white beach wedding dress by Renée Strauss featuring a sash and a Tacori crystal broach. She also wore her grandmother's diamond stud earrings and diamond pendant necklace. Hoover dressed in khaki linen pants with a white buttoned-up shirt rolled at the sleeves. Both the bride and groom went barefoot to the ceremony.

The couple, who are both 30, called the wedding's tropical location "beautiful." They will also spend their honeymoon in Jamaica. For their reception, instead of a cake, the pair planned to serve homemade cupcakes baked by the bride and a friend.

Hoover, a former wrestling coach from Iowa, popped the question to Seattle-based Preston, a hairstylist, live on the Today show in March – while both were in their workout gear. (Preston thought they were there for a fitness segment.)

Dropping to his knee in New York City's Rockefeller Center plaza, Hoover said, "I have gone through a lot of changes in the past year. … I want to keep changing, but I want you to be by my side."

Taking a ring from Kraiko Diamonds out of his pocket, he continued, "I had this made for you." Then he told a teary Preston, "I'd like to ask you to be my wife!"

Preston answered with an enthusiastic "Yes!"

Asked later if he had any hesitation about proposing in front of millions of viewers – not to mention Al Roker, who was looking on – Hoover said absolutely not. "I wanted it to be unique, and I wanted everybody to know," he told PEOPLE. "Besides, our whole relationship has been on TV."

For their wedding, however, Preston said she imagined an intimate affair. "My dream wedding would be small and private," she said at the time. "I don't want a mic under my wedding gown."

If the proposal seemed unorthodox, so was the way the couple met. At the start of The Biggest Loser, Preston was a bespectacled 227-lbs. and Hoover a burly 339. "I saw him at his worst, absolutely," Preston told PEOPLE. "And he saw me at my worst."

The couple lost a combined 252 pounds while on the show. Hoover thinks their shared experiences on Loser (he won the $250,000 grand prize, and she took home $25,000 as second runner-up) gave their romance a unique foundation.

"We have a lot in common. Going through something like we went through is life-changing," she said. "We are not the same people we were before all this and we are both at a point in our lives where we know what it's like to be fat and miserable – and what it's like to be happy and healthy."

The latest season of The Biggest Loser premieres Wednesday night, 8-10 p.m. ET on NBC.

Im so happy for them!

Oh how cool. I had wondered what the status was of their engagement! I hope they'll show pictures or a little blurb tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast