+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser Australia.

Biggest Loser Australia.

Hi guys,

I am from Australia and we have our OWN edition of the biggest loser.

Just want to know if anyone else knew about this?
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Is it anything like the U.K. one?

Just kidding, since I don't know much about that one either.

Does the Oz version have a drill sergeant like female trainer and a soft-spoken slightly fruity male trainer? The one thing I heard about the U.K. version is that like the original U.S. version, they also follow that pattern with the trainers. So maybe yours will too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    The show is a mix between the US and UK versions. The AU version uses Bob and Jillian, but uses a different host. It also is running in 30 minute daily episodes instead of hour long shows. As of the second episode, they've yet to do the first weigh in and elimination. I'm guessing there has to be one on episode 3, but I won't watch it until later tonight.

They've picked some seriously overweight people - even more so than biggest loser 2. I'm expecting some serious weight loss here - it'll be interesting.

One thing I like is that the AU show so far has been MUCH more educational. You actually see them talking more about calories and about the overall plan the contestants are on. You could actually learn a bit, which I don't think you can do from the US show. The first challenge had the red and blue guys running and picking a plate of food. The team that picked the one with the lowest calories got a point. The losing team had to be slaves of the winning team for a day. I couldn't imagine that happening on the US biggest loser. (then again - maybe we're in for some surprises on biggest loser 3)

It's a very interesting show. I can't wait to see how it progresses.

FORT Newbie
    There was no weigh in after episode 3 either. It looks like they are going to do 5 episodes per weigh-in week. (I'm not sure if it is really a calendar week - doesn't the US biggest loser do 10 days per "week" or something like that?)

If anyone is curious about the contestants - check out http://www.the-biggest-loser.com/. As you can see, they've chosen some big people, but they've also chosen people who definitely look like they will look great when they slim down. Several of the guys look sharp despite their weight and Fiona is absolutely hot as is. If she can stick on the show for a while, she's going drop some jaws later. I'm definitely enjoying the show.

Just watching and it seems someone is pregnant?

FORT Newbie

Bob???

Does anyone know what happened to Bob? Why did he have to leave the show?

Quote Originally Posted by turkey View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Bob? Why did he have to leave the show?
    I watched the show last night, and Bob had to leave because his Mum passed away (from a heartattack sadly). He'll return to the show shortly though.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoholic View Post
    I watched the show last night, and Bob had to leave because his Mum passed away (from a heartattack sadly). He'll return to the show shortly though.
    So sad.

FORT Newbie
    Wow - it keeps getting better and better. I couldn't believe they let had someone change teams. I'm root for Adro and Kristie on the red team. On the blue team, I still like Fiona because she's so adorable (but I have to admit Kristie is starting to look really nice) but I don't see how she can last much longer. Everyone is making good progress. I've impressed by almost everyone. I was an early fan of Tracey, but she's got quite a foul temper recently. Artie seems genuinely nice - I hope he goes far. And Shane - Shane's by long lost brother I think. The gentle giant. He's got the potential to get eliminated in a bad week, but I hope he can stick around.

FORT Fogey
    Wow, I just went to the official Biggest Loser Australia website....it looks fantastic!! I like the 30min per weeknight airing option. Wish we had it over here. What an inspirational show! Love, love, love it!

turkey, where does it take place? I know the contestants are Australian, but wondered if Bob and Jillian are down under, or if everyone came over here? Also, when was it taped? Ours, as you know, is a few months delay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast