+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spoiler - article in next weeks TV Guide

spoiler - article in next weeks TV Guide

I got next weeks TV Guide yesterday and there was an article about Biggest Looser. I have not seen last nites show either, but the article showcased Ryan, Gary and Kelly M.

Ryan has lost up to 97 lbs according to this article. He gets up and works out and hour before work and 2 hours after. I don't like Ryan because of his hurtful sense of humour but if he is dedicating this much effort to losing weight it is no wonder that he is getting the results that he is.

Gary lost 69 and Kelly M 72.

Kelly is also jogging for an hour before work and is weight training after.

I can't stand Ryan, either, and have never liked him from the very beginning. I'm hoping that his hurtful "humour", at others expense, is a result of his former low esteem. Here's hoping that as he loses the fat, he loses the ATTITUDE.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Hmmmm.... this is really interesting.

If this is true and if they still go by percentages then we have the following outcome
    1.) Gary total loss of 69 pounds (started at 227) for a total percantage of 30.7%
    2.) Kelly total loss of 72 pounds (started at 242) for a total percentage of 29.8%
    3.) Ryan total loss of 97 pounds (started at 330) for a total percentage of 29.4%

I could be off on the start weights I calculated them based on total pounds lost currently and percentages given for this week (yes I am a Math dork). But Mr. High-and-Mighty-I-can't-be-beat Ryan may fall to third after the do-it-yourself time. I have to give high praise to the other two though for losing so much more weight after they left the ranch! Gary lost an additional 17 pounds in the 3 months, Kelly lost an additional 17 pounds and Ryan lost an additional 7 pounds. And with Ryan having lost so much weight avery week while at the ranch he must have REALLY slacked off when he left (not a good sign, but to his credit he still lost more).

Ok... that was just my analysis of the information from TV Guide!

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    On a different note I kinda hope they let the top dog pick who they want to go to the final elimination with (ie. if Gary is on top he can eliminate either Kelly or Ryan) then all the voted off people can come back and vote for who they feel should be the biggest loser and win the dough!

With the show next week being live, I'd say it's still up in the air, wouldn't it be?

With Ryan working as hard as he is, and after seeing the picture in People, I find it hard to believe that he's only lost 7 more pounds since the end of October. Yes, I know about muscle, etc..... but truly, I would think he's lost more.

Ryan had a LOT of weight to lose - how tall is he, anyway? I figure he would be OK around the 215-lb mark, judging from how he looks now.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The website says he's 6'1.

eta: shoot.. just tried to find the picture on the People website, but it's not there. I wish my scanner was hooked up so I could show the picture. The boy is definitely smaller than 233.
    Last edited by Broadway; 01-05-2005 at 03:23 PM.

I'm hoping that Gary wins. I believe he had the best attitude over the other 2 finalist (aside from voting Mo off). Plus he's a New Yawker, great accent.
    I hope that it's up to the other contestants to vote on who they think should win because I don't think they will vote for Ryan.

After finally getting to watch Tuesday's episode the fact that Ryan had already reached 90 lbs and only lost 7 more lbs bothered me, especially as the TV Guide Article went on how much Ryan is working out. Either he is lying, or he built some serious muscle. That and GAry and Kelly both lost an addition 17 lbs each. MMMM

Definitely want to see measurements and bmi during the finale.

Very interesting information.

I had to continuously remind myself during each episode that women generally lose weight slower than men. I'm happy that they all did so well at home. However, I have to say that sending them home at this juncture of the game was probably NOT as much of a "challenge" as they were leading it to be. There is still a quarter of a million dollars on the line. That's a lot of motivation hanging over their heads.

I'm more impressed with those who are out of the running and still continuing to lose the weight and maintain their excercise regimen. Out of all of the contestants thus far I'm the most impressed by Drea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast