+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

12/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least Midnight Eastern.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

giggle.... Looks like they lost their audience to TAR.

I know mine is on tivo... I'll have to catch up later. I was hoping they'd give some extra scenes.

eta: To answer AIWANNABE's question in the locked threads.... the season finale is LIVE, January 11. They don't have another new show until the week before, January 4.
    Last edited by Broadway; 12-21-2004 at 10:43 PM.

I'm an hour too late...what happened tonight? Who got eliminated? Am I the only person in America watching this series?

I missed it also, but lucky I did, because it was a [ugh] recap show.

The Biggest Loser will return on January 4, and one more person will be eliminated. But before that happens, the remaining four will have a chance to turn the tables and "train the trainers." After the elimination, the final three will go home and prepare for the finals (January 11).

Normally I can't stand recap shows because they never show anything new. I did like that they did show alot of unseen sequences and the narrator would annouce that this was a previous unseen moment. That and the Holiday tips were nice.

What was really funny was watching people in a controlled environment go a little nuts. I didn't realize they had no TV. Does this mean no vcr's, no radio, no books, no cassette players or cd's, No Judge Judy? Just excersise 4 hours a day and eat. That is cruel. I do wish they would give us a better idea what the players day was like, what their schedules were like. For example get up at 6am, do a 2 mile run, eat breakfast, workout at 9am, that sort of thing.

I did like that they showed Bob, the trainer constantly sneaking food, and Jillian's fat picture.

What was really fun was watching unseen confessionals where the players complained and mocked each other. The highlight of this entire sequence was watching crazy, psycho Lisa. The girl is on the edge of having a serious multiple personality disorder. Serious problem here.

Ryan and Dave really irritated each other. Hearing Dave go on and on about his ankle made me want to suggest amputation. Watching Ryan do his Dave impression is hysterical.

All in all this was much better than I thought it would be. Happy Holidays everyone.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I agree, I actually enjoyed the recap show. That segment with Bob sneaking the food was hilarious. I do think it's rather cruel to have all that food just sitting around the house tormenting the group. That had to be tough to resist all those temptations. The cupcake scene where Lisa and Mo ate cupcakes looking for the money was funny too.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I enjoyed the recap show.... I was only half watching at first cuz I was baking, but I saw/heard so much new stuff that I chalked one up to NBC for their "correct billing" of new material, and sat down to watch the rest.

I think that they should have TV because that in itself would be temptation within the controlled environment. It's easier to stay focused on diet/excercise when that is all you can talk about and do.... With the temptation of food and TV (my worst combo) there would be more of a "real life" situation going on that would better prepare the contestants for when they go home.

I was hoping they'd animate and show us which cupcake had the money in it, the scene would have been so much fun if halfway through, they put a blinking glow on the correct sweet and let the audience know how close/far the contestants were. I'm evil, I guess I think it's because I dislike Lisa so much.

Was odd to hear Jillian so soft spoken.

The best was the Dave imitation.
    Could does not mean should

This show was real enjoyable-I'd give it an 8 out of 10. I was surprised that Mo had never been swimming, but have to realize that not everyone grew up around an old fishing hole on the farm. I laughed when they mocked each other. I was hoping for some closure on the show, but delighted in the pix of the already booted ones-they looked real good!

i loved this recap show. we actually saw all new footage and got to see their personalities a bit more. funny group and great episode. can't wait till the finale.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I only watched about half, because I was busy and usually don't like recap shows....but it was great seeing some additional footage....and love all the contestants....a fun group of people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast