+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I just want to clarify my earlier post. I didn't mean that Mo isn't doing his best. I'm sure he is trying his hardest and I know it is not easy. I come from a family who is way over-weight from my grandparents to my parents/aunts/uncles to my sister/cousins to my nephew. I have been lucky so far, but know that the way I eat will take me right to their path. Believe me, I could afford to lose about 10-15 lbs myself. I guess I was trying to say that they got rid of Andrea because they saw her as a bigger "threat" than Mo. My main point was to say that I would rather go to the end with someone I viewed as a bigger threat than someone who I thought wasn't that big of a threat. This way, I would push myself more.

ETA: I did say to my husband last night that the way they are doing the percentage is not fair to Mo. He weighs a lot more than most of them. And for him to loose 50 lbs so far is terrific for him, not only for health reasons but for his self-esteem.

Just had to clear things up with you guys
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    It seemed like Mo was thrilled to have hit the 50lb weight loss mark. Good for Mo, I'm happy for him. I sure wish I could do it, I'm stuck on 20.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

But doesn't it stand to reason that being as morbidly overweight as Mo is his good weeks should be a lot better than they have been. Look at Ryan and I think it was Matty who was doing the same thing? They stick to the program and after a few weeks your body goes into reject mode. It starts getting rid of all that excess poundage. There is a reason why Mo is plateauing more than the rest of the Losers. There have been complaints on every episode about how he strays from his diet regularly. I understand the 3 pounds one week 15 pounds the next (I've been a yo-yo dieter all my life); however, for Mo to have only lost 50 pounds at this point of the game means there is something missing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveIsTheMan
    Ok, I find it HARD to believe he is in 34 pants. I'm only 155 pounds and wear 33-34's
    My husband weighs 175 , 5 foot 8 and he wears a 33/34.

I don't watch this too often, but I've gotta say I love Garry's voice! I can see why the wife was so thrilled, he's getting quite good-looking again. Next time around this shiksa's getting herself a nice jewish boy, a real mensch.

Balllllooooooooon!!!!! MrsMarcusWelby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    But doesn't it stand to reason that being as morbidly overweight as Mo is his good weeks should be a lot better than they have been. Look at Ryan and I think it was Matty who was doing the same thing? They stick to the program and after a few weeks your body goes into reject mode. It starts getting rid of all that excess poundage. There is a reason why Mo is plateauing more than the rest of the Losers. There have been complaints on every episode about how he strays from his diet regularly. I understand the 3 pounds one week 15 pounds the next (I've been a yo-yo dieter all my life); however, for Mo to have only lost 50 pounds at this point of the game means there is something missing.
    Actually no it doesn't stand to reason. I am fully convinced that Mo is in starvation mode. They have him consuming the same number of calories as the others (approx). In order for his body to not try to hold on to all that weight he actually needs to eat more. Not eat as much as he did, but he need to eat a lot more then say Gary (who is only remaining member of his team). This is a scientific fact. I would be willing to bet that if they put him on more calories he would actually do better. This is a benchmark for many of the very successful diet plans out there. someone who weighs 400+ pounds cannot be put on a 1200 calorie a day diet and expect to lose weight really fast. That is such a shock to the system that it quite littlerally shuts down and will not let go of the weight. He can still chose healthy foods, but he needs to eat a lot more of them.

FORT Newbie
    Maybe his size small shirt size was in the Large Men's department!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarcusWelby
    Actually no it doesn't stand to reason. I am fully convinced that Mo is in starvation mode. They have him consuming the same number of calories as the others (approx). In order for his body to not try to hold on to all that weight he actually needs to eat more. Not eat as much as he did, but he need to eat a lot more then say Gary (who is only remaining member of his team). This is a scientific fact. I would be willing to bet that if they put him on more calories he would actually do better. This is a benchmark for many of the very successful diet plans out there. someone who weighs 400+ pounds cannot be put on a 1200 calorie a day diet and expect to lose weight really fast. That is such a shock to the system that it quite littlerally shuts down and will not let go of the weight. He can still chose healthy foods, but he needs to eat a lot more of them.
    If they truly were "starving" Mo, at this point in the game he would be melting off the pounds quicker than he peddles a spin bike. The body initially reacts to the shock of "starvation" as you put it, but then it has to readjust and pounds start to melt away. Take Ryan for instance. He's following the diet that Jillian put him on and he's continuously losing big weight every week. Mo should be as consistent with these 10-20 pounds a week by now, but he's staying in the same weight loss area as Drea, Gary and Lisa who don't have as much to lose.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    While I think people will keep Mo for strategy reasons--to guarentee that there is at least one other person under the line... which means you only have to beat one of the others to be safe (if they get rid of Mo the others are all at such similar % weight losses that any week any two of them could be under the line, with Mo it's down to only one of the non-Mo people)... in a way I"m glad, even tho I feel for Andrea. If there is anyone there who really really needs to stay in a supervised program longer it is Mo. He is still at the point where exercise is painful, etc. Much less likely to keep it up outside than the others.

If the contestants were using purely altruistic reasons to eliminate the competition, it's because Dre was a fierce competitor and dedicated to her program that she was the obvious choice to go. You knew she wasn't gonna fall into a black hole of depression and dive into the Doritos again. Mo, on the other hand, is morbidly obese and in BIG trouble, health-wise. Seriously, this man is risking the loss of years of his life remaining at that size. Although it's annoying as hell to see him cheat on the diet and complain about the workouts, I admit I kind of hope he'll stay around a few weeks longer. I don't think he's turned the corner mentally as far as committing to a healthy lifestyle and I don't think he's ready to do it on his own. I wouldn't give him the quarter mil at this point but with this new percentage game, he's bound to be on the chopping block every week from now on. Everyone else (except possibly Gary) could stand to lose a few more pounds but Mo is the one in real danger. I don't know if it's fair to consider that when you're voting, but maybe it's the right thing to do.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast