+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recap 10/19: Richard Simmons Meets Survivor

Miss a Shazzercap? Shudder to think! If you recapped 60 Minutes, I would read it, and I would love it, and so it goes with your latest effort, The Biggest Loser.

I also could have, and was nearly tempted to, quote your entire recap verbatim, but that would be silly. So I just picked out one choice segment that wasn't quoted yet that had me rolling.

Caroline releases them into the house, and much like the Bulls of Pamplona, they race through the hallways, goring legs and tossing Italians into the air. Or they just flop on beds and giggle. You pick the real scenario.
    I don't know why, but that quote just slays me. Or gores me, impaling me on the horn of your, um, wit.

Thanks again for another hysterical, gut-busting recap!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Shazz, thanks for the splendicious recap! Reading your recap was better than watching the actual show. I tend to watch the show now while thinking about what you'll pick up for your recap!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by quanahg
    great review. but, don't you think caroline rhea is a bad choice as host. she could stand to lose a few. i'm a big girl myself, so i'm not hating on her.
    Don't you think they picked her for just that reason? She could stand to lose a few, but not tons, so she is obviously someone who could sympathize with the contestants (and what they think the audience will be... that 60% of Americans that's overweight now) -- clearly not one of those people who can eat what they want and nothing happens--but not so heavy she's a bad example and ought to be on the show not hosting it.

Their trainer: Julie. Julie looks mean. And she’s not shiny. So....two strikes. We shall all await a third.

Her team follows her into the exercise room and immediately starts doing high kicks and all kinds of non-fat friendly moves.

We flash to Jillian making her team do squats, oh the squat....how I hate thee!! Yet my bottom enjoys thee...so I am your friend...against my will.

Pre-vote time, everyone complains about the low-weight loss peeps, especially Maurice who was expected to peel like a banana…but held his peel on quite well with the help of some bacon.

suspended in gelatin

Excellent job , Shazz.

I enjoyed the show, but enjoyed the recap more

Quote Originally Posted by quanahg
    great review. but, don't you think caroline rhea is a bad choice as host. she could stand to lose a few. i'm a big girl myself, so i'm not hating on her.
    I l-u-v Caroline Rhea. Well I snicker at her stand-up anyway. I almost repeated one of her jokes here.....but I'm afraid it's not PG-13 friendly. But it...is....goooood.

I was totally jazzed that she was the host, in the same way I was jazzed when Kathy Griffin was hosting Average Joe...yet in this instance they allow Caroline to speak.

Thanks for the good recap comments, all!!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Lucy your recaps totally rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12