+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yeah, the TM was really over the top mean. VooDoo doll away..
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I really don't like the voting off factor. I watched the Discovery Health channel's Celebrity Weight Loss Challenge and I liked getting to see everybody progress from beginning to end. I also think it's mean to torture them over and over with temptation. The opening sequence got the point across about what they shouldn't eat.

I missed the end, does anybody mind telling me which team won, and who was voted out.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I missed the end, does anybody mind telling me which team won, and who was voted out.
    Red team won and Dana was voted out because she lost the least weight (5 pounds)

This show was everything that I hoped it would be and none of what I'd heard it would be.

On Entertainment Tonight, they had totally obese women dissing the show, essentially saying, "Big IS beautiful."

No it's not.

There is big and there is grotesquely obese.

Some of the contestants look like toning is their biggest problem, while a few of them (don't know their names, yet) certainly fall into the dangerously obese.

I liked the contrast between the Red Team leader and the Blue Team leader, and the choice of music that they used for both.

Personally, I've had a fitness trainer for 2 years and he's a cross between the two of them; does that make him my Purple team leader?

Regarding tempting them with food: HEY! that's what American life is all about!

What cover of Women's Day magazine doesn't have the dual cover of:

Lose 10 pounds in 10 minutes!, and...
    Bake the yummiest brownies EVER!

Every street, every commercial that isn't for an automobile, and most ads in magazines are for the "Bet you can't just eat ONE", approach to food.

These folks will have to face the tempting aroma of Dunkin Donuts, Pizza Hut and KC Chicken on a daily basis. By having them 'look but not touch/eat' the food, it's going to condition them that they can look at the pastry case...just don't stop at it.

I refuse to go grocery shopping without first eating a full meal. Then, when we go shopping, virtually NO food looks appetising and you end up buying what you NEED, not want.

My heart goes out to these folks. I'm already pulling for both teams and don't consider any of them...yet...to be a 'loser'.

The weeks ahead, when we find out more about their personalities and handicaps, will determine who really IS the bigger loser.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I really don't like the voting off factor. I watched the Discovery Health channel's Celebrity Weight Loss Challenge and I liked getting to see everybody progress from beginning to end. I also think it's mean to torture them over and over with temptation. The opening sequence got the point across about what they shouldn't eat.
    Yes, I also thought the show was a bit mean, but I felt good for Dana when I saw her picture. I am definitely tuning in next week.
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 10-19-2004 at 10:03 PM.

I am liking this show. It started and I had the urge to jump on the bike.

I don't like Jillian at all...she is not very nice. I know when someone is like that towards me it doesn't make me want to do what they say.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I am liking this show. It started and I had the urge to jump on the bike.
    Ditto!
    -----------------------------
    My heart ached when I thought of people going home. They seem to really want AND need help, and I can't help but think that sending them packing will be disastrous for many of them.

It would be nice if NBC footed the bill for some support when they get back home - at lease for a month or two.
    Thanks to FoRT for this forum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    Ditto!
    My heart ached when I thought of people going home. They seem to really want AND need help, and I can't help but think that sending them packing will be disastrous for many of them.

It would be nice if NBC footed the bill for some support when they get back home - at lease for a month or two.
    Thanks to FoRT for this forum!!!
    Right there with you, Jexter. This show is different from so many of the other reality shows, in that, they signed on initially with no knowledge that there was going to be a cash incentive.

They simply knew that what they had been doing wasn't working, and this was a chance for them to get a new lease on life.

However, based on the closing photo and statement of Dana, the show was enough of a catalyst for her to continue, even upon leaving.

And who knows; if NBC stayed in contact with her to find out what she had accomplished, maybe the network does supply rudimentary counseling after you're eliminated.

It's a nice thought, if it were true.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

well i didn't watch this show (was taking a midterm then ugh) but i just read everyone's bio and its nice how they made them up to have such great personalities....do they really? lol

i can't believe that the team decides who gets voted out, totally unfair, it should be up to the trainers

and some of the women dont look like they need to lose that much weight to me

go maurice!!!! if i was watching he'd be my fav

+ Reply to Thread