+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    I don't get the fact that a lot of them were able to lose ridiculously HUGE
    amounts of weight the first week- up to 20 lbs. Even with water weight loss
    this is still an inconceivable amount to lose. Anyone got an explanation for this?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Quack-Wabbit
    Hm. I was kind of disappointed that it turned into a Survivor-style vote-off show. I was kind of hoping everyone would stick around and choose a winner from each team at the end. I think it defeats the "motivation to lose weight" thing if you're not in the running for the 500k anymore.

I wish that they'd keep everyone for at least half the competition - help them get into habits. I really don't like that they're throwing off people.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Wow, not too much weight lost this week, some not at all, I kinda assumed that would happen after most of them lost so much last week, as the trainer said the body is in shock and needs to recover in order to lose weight healthily and successfully. Glad both teams had enough willpower not to sneak a lick from any of the yummy baked goods. Go teams!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyliz
    I don't get the fact that a lot of them were able to lose ridiculously HUGE amounts of weight the first week- up to 20 lbs. Even with water weight loss this is still an inconceivable amount to lose. Anyone got an explanation for this?
    No, water weight is correct as a reason for those losses. Remember, "water weight" isn't just stuff you sweat off, it's also weight released by fat cells over a few days as you begin to require the things that are stored in them. Most extreme weight loss plans have this phenomenon. The larger you are, generally the larger a loss you'll see the first week or so on a new plan.

It's also possible that they inflated their first weigh-in in order to make the week more impressive (didn't let them pee for several hours beforehand, weighed them after a meal, weighed them with heavier clothing on (I assume that the scale is showing a valid weight, but that they're officially weighed in before the "ceremony" without being told the results and that's what is flashed up onscreen)).

I'm getting more and more convinced that they're also not being taught how to eat properly, so all the training in the world isn't going to help them lose weight if they don't know how to make correct food choices...

-- Joe

+ Reply to Thread