+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I can't imagine PAYING Jillian to be my trainer and I wonder about the people who DO. She seemed a little too happy about the fact that she loves to make people throw up! Does she work in a gym as a trainer or is she out on her own? I kept imagining her at the "S&M GYM" and Mistress Jillian - leather whip and thigh high boots and all!

I thought Bob did a good job easing his team into the workouts. It seemed to me that, at the end, he was pushing his people just as much as Jillian, but he did it in a different way.

I'm definitely pulling for the blue team, but I fear for the red team if they lose. Wonder what Mistress Jillian will do to them if they lose!

Also.... I heart Bob
    Yeah, I wonder about Jill, a trainer like her won't last in my gym. She would loose too many clients after the first session. People would ask the management to give them someone else. There is a fine line with pushing people and being brutal.

Yes, these folks need to exercise but you want them to continue after this show not quit cause they hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    I did NOT like the woman who kept crying and going psycho about "I don't know what to eat!" GEEZ its not that hard! Eat lean chicken! Eat salads (no dressing ,bacon, cheese, etc - this isn't Arbys)! Eat tuna and vegetables and wheat bread and fruits and lowfat cottage cheese. Don't eat brownies. Its not rocket science.

Eric
    If it was that easy, these people wouldn't be where they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd

I did NOT like the woman who kept crying and going psycho about "I don't know what to eat!" GEEZ its not that hard! Eat lean chicken! Eat salads (no dressing ,bacon, cheese, etc - this isn't Arbys)! Eat tuna and vegetables and wheat bread and fruits and lowfat cottage cheese. Don't eat brownies. Its not rocket science.
    What we may have been witnessing is a breakdown due to some major carb withdrawal. When you first cut out all carbs from your diet, you go through major sugar withdrawal. This doesn't mean she was scarfing down candy bars by the handful before, but suddenly cutting out all breads, potatoes, pasta, cereal, etc. can really shock your system and leave you feeling incredibly tired and/or depressed. This affects some people worse than others. When I first tried Atkins I experienced it. It wasn't too bad for me, but I've seen friends so affected by it that they couldn't get through those first few days.

It is easy for people who have never dieted to say, what's the big deal, its not that hard. I agree that making healthy choices is just using common sense. But the problem is that weight problems are often a reflection of emotional issues (or underlying health problems) and once you are significantly overweight, it takes much larger efforts and extreme measures to get back down to where you should be. As an analogy, if you became very much in debt financially, it would take many months of spending much less than your budget in order to save the money to repay your debt. If you stay within your budget, but just overspend a little occasionally, you only have to cut back a little the next month to save up the difference. If you are already at a healthy weight, it is not that hard to make healthy choices for the most part and still live comfortably.

I really commend these contestants for their courage to go for their dream in such a public fashion. I am more excited about this show than any other new ones that have come out for some time. Can't wait to see how it works out for everyone!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I only watched half of the show. Like OTS said, I applaud these people for going on national tv. Having the whole world see them in their bathing suits (or what have you) is pretty humilating for a lot of people, not to mention having everyone knowing how much you weigh.

That lady trainer for the red team is one tough b*tch. Her style of training is not my cup of tea. I even think that would make me want to work out less just to piss her off.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    This show is different from so many of the other reality shows, in that, they signed on initially with no knowledge that there was going to be a cash incentive.
    Wow. I didn't know that. I assume their voluntary participation indicates a real desire to get help. I hope you are right and that mere participation will be enough incentive to people when they get home.

Lambikins and Eric I agree... Red team lady was awesome. You can't be wishy washy about a lifestyle makeover-- you have to just do it and not look back. I am fortunate enough to have never experienced being overweight -- and it was hard for me to wake up say, "You won't look 18 forever." I really applaud these guys for facing their demons and getting out there and doing something about their health. You need someone to give you tough love if you want results. Yeah it's an adjustment, but change starts the second you decide to commit yourself.
    THree cheers for Jillian!

Its nice to see people siding with Jillian. Lots of people see her as a taskmaster .... and theyre right, she is , but thats what I like about her. No folks, its not that Im a masochist at all, but that she pushes people to their limits and helps them break their limits. Now obviously that wont sit well with a lot of people, and sure, the possibility exists that many clients will not like her because she is too pushy and leave Jillian, but she gets results, and nobody can argue with that. And besides, its not like shes all talk, she gets down and does the exercises with you, hence the walking of the walk. And if she does get fired for doing her job, then obviously there was no effort lacking on her part at all.

As for Caroline... shes a cutie. She might have a little junk in her trunk, but she still remains pleseantly attractive. I always love watching her when she comes on Conan O'Brien. But I wonder if the contestants are watching her going ... shouldnt she be there with us? ... ok maybe NBC thought that having a skinny host would tick the contestants off too, but when I first saw Caroline being the host of this show, the first thought that crossed my mind was ... wow, Carolines competing... heck, I bet some of the contestants thought that as well. Im just glad its not that loud-mouthed red head from Average Joe and Suddenly Susan. :nono

All in all this appears to be a interesting spin on shows involving skin and temptation that doesnt involve sex. In fact, after seeing those hairy manboobs I almost gave up thinking about sex all together. It was that bad... Where was the FCC on that one (quasi-sarcastically). THey can censor me from things I shouldnt see, but not from things I dont want to see. Our tax dollars at work

Hmm, speaking of temptation and things that are gross... how about a reality TV show about quitting smoking NBC, ABC, BBC, I dont care WHO does it... just make it!

Quote Originally Posted by happy bull
    Hmm, speaking of temptation and things that are gross... how about a reality TV show about quitting smoking NBC, ABC, BBC, I dont care WHO does it... just make it!
    It's called "Cold Turkey" and I think it is starting soon.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Actually it's going on week 3, I believe. It's on in a wierd timeslot on PAX....I catch it Sunday nights at 10pm. There's more info in the Other Reality Shows forum.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Hm. I was kind of disappointed that it turned into a Survivor-style vote-off show. I was kind of hoping everyone would stick around and choose a winner from each team at the end. I think it defeats the "motivation to lose weight" thing if you're not in the running for the 500k anymore.

Lizzeth is going to have some tough going if she wants to be able to lose as much weight as her fellow competitors. I say she's the next to go. Besides the striking difference of the trainers, the impressive stamina of the competitors, and the debacle of the casting department in choosing two people with the same first name and last initial, not a lot to say about the first episode.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Wow, thanks oneTVslave ... I had no idea my wishes would be answered so soon !

Originally Posted by Libra1022
    Actually it's going on week 3, I believe. It's on in a wierd timeslot on PAX....I catch it Sunday nights at 10pm. There's more info in the Other Reality Shows forum.
    And thank you, o slavegirl of the supermarket, for your accurate portrayal of the timing. It is wonderful to see that despite your hardships in servitude, you continue to amaze us all with your vigilance

+ Reply to Thread