+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC wants you to be "The Biggest Loser"

NBC wants you to be "The Biggest Loser"

NBC REWARDS LOSER WITH 'THE BIGGEST LOSER,' NEW UNSCRIPTED DRAMA THAT OFFERS LIFE-ALTERING WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE TO CONTESTANTS--WITHOUT SURGERY

BURBANK, Calif. -– May 26, 2004 –- Viewers will be among the big winners as NBC unveils "The Biggest Loser," a new, unscripted and life-altering drama that will provide severely overweight participants with the opportunity to undergo a radical physical makeover – without any kind of surgery.

The announcement was made by Jeff Gaspin, President, NBC Universal Cable Entertainment & Cross-Platform Strategy.

The inspirational series will provide the strong-willed yet hopeful contestants with all of the approved weight-loss skills and resources in an effort to help them transform their bodies, health -- and ultimately, their lives.

"This challenging new drama offers a strong emotional attachment for viewers who can follow people trying to change their lives and re-shape their lifestyles," said Gaspin. "But the quest and final results will be entirely up to the people who can benefit most – the participants."

Adds Executive Producer Ben Silverman (NBC's "The Restaurant," "The Office: An American Workplace"), " ‛The Biggest Loser' celebrates hard work and rewards discipline. Hopefully we will inspire an overweight America to get fit. Everyday will be a struggle for our characters as they battle each other and try to change their habits and way of life."

Casting continues across the nation as potential contestants are lining up. In addition to previous open calls in Nashville, Memphis, Boston, New Orleans, Buffalo, Chicago Houston and Orlando, new searches will be conducted on May 28 as well in Milwaukee (4-7 Rock Bottom Brewery and Restaurant at 740 N Plankinton Ave., Ste 1) and in New Orleans (Hard Rock Café at 418 N. Peters St.).

"The Biggest Loser" is a production of Reveille, NBC Universal Television and 3 Ball Productions. Silverman, David Broome ("Jingle Ball Rock") and J.D. Roth ("NBC's "For Love of Money," "Endurance") are the executive producers for the series.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    They really think we'll watch anything don't they?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Um...Dr. Phil has been doing this schtick since last September. Not to mention all the TLC-type series that ALSO do the same thing. What, it only counts if a major network does it?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Regular
    The more, the merrier... for this kind of thing!

And, as a Milwaukeean, they are welcome to us.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

I think it's a great idea and will definitely be watching.

Heck, if they were casting in Canada I'd be in line trying to get on the show!
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

Biggest Loser

Say what you will, but for free I will totally be on that show. Lose weight for free? Get trainers and nutritionists? Come on! Sounds like fun! So much fun that I wrote in, and went in for an interview yesterday! Anyone else??

a new, unscripted and life-altering drama that will provide severely overweight participants with the opportunity to undergo a radical physical makeover – without any kind of surgery.
    :rolleyes whoa! that's some blockbuster idea for a show

i think they should change the name, it implies that 'fat people' are losers...

FORT Newbie
    hey ya! i went for an interview too back in may. have u heard anything from them???? whats going on with it! i havent heard ONE THING about the production at all!

Who Knows What's Going On.

I was told that someone would call me July 9th, but never heard anything. What did they tell you when you were leaving? How did you think your interview went? Hope someone hears SOMETHING!!! Let me know if you hear anything. Thanks

FORT Newbie
    really, someone told u they'd call by july 9th? hmm they didnt tell me anything! lol, i think things are all delayed. i dont even think theyre done casting!!! if anyone hears ANYTHING please let me know!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast