+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 16 News - Fall 2014

Season 16 News - Fall 2014

NBC will be airing a new season of Biggest Loser it will be on Thursday at 8pm.

Not too much info. I did read an article that the first 3 to 4 months of the show all the contestants will be living in a medical facility that helps obese patients lose weight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Season 16 News - Fall 2014

They casting news was that they were looking for groups of four to lose weight together and former athletes that had gained weight. Filming was scheduled to start in July 2014.

It explains a lot when they cast former athletes as they can do all the crazy physical stuff. But what about us non athletes.

oh .... Jillian is leaving the show again. Considering they are filming season 16 right now will she be leaving right now or after that season? Just saying.

The Real Reason Jillian Michaels Left Biggest Loser - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Today's News: Our Take
    The Real Reason Jillian Michaels Left Biggest Loser
    Sadie Gennis
    Jul 19, 2014 11:00 AM ET
    by Sadie Gennis

Jillian Michaels has opened up to People about her decision to leave Biggest Loser after ten years of helping people to get in shape.

"I don't want fans to think I feel like I'm too big for the show or that I'm seeking greener pastures," she explained. "I'm so grateful to the show and so sad to leave."

However, Michaels said "there were some fundamental differences [withThe Biggest Loser producers] that have existed for a while."

One of those differences is how the series has portrayed Michaels in recent seasons. "In the beginning of the show, it was tough love. You saw the tough, and you saw the love," she said. The trainer noticed this shift, when the show began rarely showing her being helpful, instead zeroing in on her harsher moments. "You saw none of the relationships, none of the bonds that I build with my clients."

Michaels soon noticed how the show's editing techniques began affecting her daily life with girlfriend Heidi Rhoades, son Phoenix, 2, and daughter Lukensia, 4. "Millions of people have this warped negative perception of me," Michaels said. Someone had even told her daughter at camp, "I know who your mom is — she's a cheater. I saw it on TV," referencing Michaels' allowing her team to take caffeine pills on the most recent season.

Michaels also noted the startling and controversial weight loss by last season's winner Rachel Frederickson, who appeared unhealthily thing at the finale. "I had to take a hard look at my work. I came to the conclusion that moving forward, I need to be able to have an impact on the outcome of what I do."

I thought I read a while back that she had already left, in other words, won't be on this upcoming season.

Last season's winner really left me with an uncomfortable feeling about the series. Apparently she has since put on weight to look much healthier, in fact, she put it on rather quickly, making me wonder if it may become a relapse.
    But it made me feel that the whole concept of being the Biggest Loser, nomatter the cost to your own health, is a bad idea. I've read before that the extreme measures the F3 go through in order to lose the maximum during the at home portion, are surprisingly drastic.
    The "Anything for a buck" attitude takes over.

I'll miss Jillian.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I thought I read a while back that she had already left, in other words, won't be on this upcoming season.

Last season's winner really left me with an uncomfortable feeling about the series. Apparently she has since put on weight to look much healthier, in fact, she put it on rather quickly, making me wonder if it may become a relapse.
    But it made me feel that the whole concept of being the Biggest Loser, nomatter the cost to your own health, is a bad idea. I've read before that the extreme measures the F3 go through in order to lose the maximum during the at home portion, are surprisingly drastic.
    The "Anything for a buck" attitude takes over.

I'll miss Jillian.
    Just to let you know all previous winners and other participants go back to a more normal eating pattern and they put on 20 or 30 lbs relatively quickly. Most of these folks are on an extreme exercise and food program and when the go back to 1 hour of exercise and a maintenance diet viola ... weight gain. Happens to bodybuilders all the time. Also many of these folks are also extremely dehydrated and just going back to drinking what you are supposed to for the day and viola ... weight gain. Also I saw the winner of season 15 in an interview about a month later and she had gone back to a healthier weight of 120. I don't think she had any intention of remaining at the 104 she was she did do it to win and it's not as if she stayed that weight for long after the win.

Well I guess Jillian won't be on season 16. Think she will ever come back .... mmmm ... well she did come back after she quit after season 2 and she came back after she quit after season 11.

'Biggest Loser' adds two new trainers for upcoming season - Entertainment - TODAY.com

'Biggest Loser' adds two new trainers for upcoming season
    Ashley Majeski TODAY contributor

June 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM ET

Chris Haston / NBC

“The Biggest Loser” family has just gotten a little bigger. NBC announced Monday that two new trainers will be joining existing trainers Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince for the show’s upcoming 16th season. Fitness experts Jennifer Widerstrom and Jessie Pavelka have signed on to help the show’s newest batch of contestants lose weight and change their lives.

“We are excited to welcome Jessie and Jen into ‘The Biggest Loser’ family, and know they will be valuable players on this life-changing show that continues to inspire millions of people to embrace a healthy lifestyle,” said Paul Telegdy, NBC Entertainment’s president of Alternative and Late Night Programming. “We look forward to viewers meeting them and to revealing more great changes we have in store for the new season.”

Pavelka is best known for starring on Lifetime’s reality show “DietTribe,” as well as his roles in several British weight-loss documentaries. A fitness expert specializing in extreme weight loss, Pavelka also hosted a series of exercise programs on OWN called “Wake-Up Workout with Gaiam.” Earlier this year, he hosted the “Motivation Nation” segments on the U.K. morning show “Daybreak.”

Widerstrom is an expert on women’s health who has served as a fitness expert for Fitbie.com and a life coach for MSN.com. A former star of the NBC series “American Gladiators,” she is currently the lead female trainer for the InterContinental Hotel Group’s new “Even” wellness line.

This is just the latest change to be announced in regard to the popular show. Last week, it was confirmed that longtime trainer Jillian Michaels had decided to part ways with “The Biggest Loser.” Although Michaels will not be continuing with the series, Harper and Quince, as well as host Alison Sweeney, have all signed on to participate in the upcoming season.

Season 16 will be only the second in the show’s history to feature four trainers. In 2011, season 11 featured Harper and Michaels, as well as trainers Cara Castronuova and Brett Hoebel. Castronuova and Hoebel did not return for additional seasons.

The new season premieres Sept. 11 at 8 p.m. on NBC
    Quess the news has been out for a while since this article was out on June 30.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-21-2014 at 01:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread