+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 15 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Season 15 Episode 14 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

If it was strategy on her part to lock up the win, then she did it. Either way, she doesn't look that good.

I've been reading for years that the finalists really do all kinds of unhealthy things in the days leading up to the finale, such as not even drinking much water. They just try to do anything to keep the weight down. IMO, all three finalists looked gaunt and exhausted. It's great they're thin, but they didn't look healthy to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Thanks Bearcata! At 5'6" that means I don't need to weigh 105lb. Whew!

We also immediately saw Karen Carpenter when Rachel walked out. She needed to lose maybe 20 lbs after she left the ranch, she should never have gone below 120. I understand being competitive, but she went way too far. Honestly, I hope it WAS only the to win the competition. I seriously hope this journey didn't nudge her into a dangerous eating disorder. You could tell by the looks on the trainer's faces they were as shocked as we were. Most everyone gains weight back after the finale, I'd be interested to see her a few months from now.

Considering how much weight Bobby, David and Rachel did lose after their last week on the ranch I would say they had to be home for at least 2 or 3 months.

Rachel lost 45 lbs.

David lost 56 lbs.

Bobby lost 61 lbs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I also thought Bobby would have looked better with a little more meat on his bones, but at least he didn't look unhealthily thin.
    I think that once a contestant makes it to the final 3, they do tend to over lose sometimes simply in order to win. From pictures I've seen of them afterwards, most put a bit back on to get to a healthier & more sustainable weight.

Rachel didn't look like that, in other words - a bit too thin, she looked frightening & anorexic. Like she had developed a problem.
    NCLurker likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I am in agreement with those that think Rachel went too far. She definitely looks anorexic now. I could barely look at her, and yet couldn't look away at the same time. Her arms were the worst - just nothing to them at all but skin and bone. Her face looks way too thin as well. I've seen people on TBL FB page calling her The Biggest Anorexic. Most folks are shocked. Jillian and Bob's reactions pretty much said it all. It's like she traded one eating disorder for another. Not a good example to set for the young girls that watch this show. I am 5'1 and feel too thin at 105. That was just crazy sick (and not in the good way).
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

To the Point

I saw a screen cap of her w/the holograph image of herself this morning. I watched last night and was horrified but it was even more disturbing seeing it for the second time. Her Knees and the wee bit you can see above the knees of the dress just terribly disturbing. I pray it was a matter of being too concerned about winning, but I just got a really bad/uncomfortable feeling last night.

bob-harper-and-jillian-michaels-171294_w644.jpg[url]

Bob and Jillian's reaction to it. Look at their faces! And the girl behind Jill, I think that was Jen.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Great screencap. The most disturbing thing for me is that she's clearly lost a lot of muscle. This was a strong woman when we last saw her....she looks as if she hasn't eaten for weeks, and her body has been reduced to feeding on her muscle. Also crossing my fingers for her that this is just temporary....
    alizarules and Allie like this.

+ Reply to Thread