+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 15 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

Re: Season 15 Episode 14 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

I think this is has been the most competitive finale ever.
    PWS likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

David was 409, now is 187, lost 222, 52.51% lost.

Rachel wins
    OK, hope Rachel goes out and has a couple of Ensures!
    NCLurker and CupidGuest like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    David was 409, now is 187, lost 222, 52.51% lost.

Rachel wins
    OK, hope Rachel goes out and has a couple of Ensures!
    How about a tray full of those Jenny O tacos.
    NCLurker, CupidGuest and PWS like this.

I think I was the most impressed by Craig and Tumi's transformations (well, other than the final three who were unbelievable!) I liked the open-mouthed look on Craig's face as the final three were getting ready to weigh in. That summed up my feelings. Now, like PWS, I hope Rachel goes out and puts on about 10 more pounds responsibly.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I understand it's a competition for a lot of money, but Rachel is scary thin now. I hope she doesn't have an eating disorder or addiction now. Before leaving the ranch, she was at 19% BMI, but by losing another 45 lbs, she probably doesn't have enough fat on her body to float. I hope she is healthy and I hope she hasn't overdone it.
    NCLurker and alizarules like this.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I think I was the most impressed by Craig and Tumi's transformations (well, other than the final three who were unbelievable!) I liked the open-mouthed look on Craig's face as the final three were getting ready to weigh in. That summed up my feelings. Now, like PWS, I hope Rachel goes out and puts on about 10 more pounds responsibly.
    Tumi looks wonderful and fit, and inspiring. A weight loss like Rachel's sends the wrong message.

My 10-year-old has been a Rachel fan (she was very impressed by her athleticism) and when she saw her on the finale she wrinkled her nose, said she was too skinny, and walked away. Not saying that a reality contestant should be a role model, but should she be held up as a TBL success story when she looks unhealthy-thin? And is going to that extreme if it's just to win money - is that supposed to be aspirational?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

I don't know. I don't think Rachel was too thin. I think she looked athletic and fit...with hardly any fat...but not at all anorexic.

Anyone figure out how tall she is? BL seems to have stopped posting that info somewhere along the way. I wonder if too many people started to use the contestant's info as their personal goals, e.g. I'm 5'6". Should I weigh 105 (ain't never gonna happen btw)?
    sunshine3331 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Tumi looks wonderful and fit, and inspiring. A weight loss like Rachel's sends the wrong message.

My 10-year-old has been a Rachel fan (she was very impressed by her athleticism) and when she saw her on the finale she wrinkled her nose, said she was too skinny, and walked away. Not saying that a reality contestant should be a role model, but should she be held up as a TBL success story when she looks unhealthy-thin? And is going to that extreme if it's just to win money - is that supposed to be aspirational?

Well that has always been the bone of contention on this show "health versus a weight loss competition for money". This perhaps is more disturbing as this entire season seems to have been geared more to the gentle side of competition.
    PWS and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I don't know. I don't think Rachel was too thin. I think she looked athletic and fit...with hardly any fat...but not at all anorexic.

Anyone figure out how tall she is? BL seems to have stopped posting that info somewhere along the way. I wonder if too many people started to use the contestant's info as their personal goals, e.g. I'm 5'6". Should I weigh 105 (ain't never gonna happen btw)?
    Rachel is 5'4".

https://www.google.com/search?q=bigg...ient=firefox-a

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree with Bearcata---while I wouldn't have been surprised to see this kind of overkill on some of the earlier more negative seasons, after this one it was kind of a shocker. I mean we did see that Rachel really likes to win, and I suppose near the end you can get into a, but what if I lose by ONE lb. , kind of mentality....and she was right to be scared of David the way he was kind of closing in on her and had so much more weight to "play" with, but still... It just seemed to violate the way the contestants have been shown this season. It may explain some of why people weren't so fond of Rachel though....that there were aspects of her personality we weren't shown.

Now Tumi---you know when they voted her out it was because they thought she was a threat, were they ever right. She would have beaten everyone but Rachel, and looked healthy doing it.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-04-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    alizarules likes this.

+ Reply to Thread