+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 15 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

Re: Season 15 Episode 15 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Can someone who is good at math figure out how many pounds Rachel could have kept on and still won? She lost 62 percent and both men lost 52 percent.
    Rachel lost 59.62% of her original body weight.
    David lost 54.28% of his original body weight.
    Bobby lost 52.51% of his original body weight.

If Rachel lost 142 lbs and had weighted in at 118lbs she would still have won losing 54.61% of her original body weight.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Can someone who is good at math figure out how many pounds Rachel could have kept on and still won? She lost 62 percent and both men lost 52 percent.
    If Rachel had lost 62% she would have lost 161.2 lbs and would have weighted in at 98.2 lbs.

I am curious where did you get that Rachel had lost 62%?

I just finished reading the article in the February 24, 2014 People magazine. A great frontal photo of Rachel on the cover and yes her hips, arms and face look too thin. It is a 5 page article. 2 pages are all photos we have seen before. The rest of the pages are photos and article and reality there is just one page and a paragraph of print supposedly about Rachel's interview with People, but mainly the author is writing commentary on what we already know. One of the very last direct quotes from Rachel is "I'm just kind of finding where it all settles," "I was a contestant, and I trained like an athlete for the finale. Now I am a girl in her real life."

The article ends with less than half a page of blurps from past winners, Ali Vincent, Danny Cahill, Patrick House and Olivia Ward. The most astounding thing about this is that is says Ali Vincent now weights 161 lbs gaining 40 lbs since her winning her season 5. Now that I don't think I really believe.

Overall, I didn't learn anything from the article, I didn't feel as if it was an in depth interview as there were only a few quotes from Rachel we have already heard. Makes me feel as if I wasted my $3.99 on the magazine. Seriously, if you are going to interview someone, interview them, don't do a puff piece.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Jillian Michaels has finally commented on Rachel's weight loss...

Michaels finally opens up about the Season 15 winner

Celebrity gossip, news, photos and more on MSN Entertainment

Jillian Michaels was just as shocked. The "Biggest Loser" trainer finally opened up about Season 15 winner Rachel Frederickson's dramatic weight loss, noting that she had no idea that the former high school swimmer had dropped a staggering 155 pounds by the show's series finale.

"Nobody told me like, 'Oh hey, Rachel is very, very thin.' Bob [Harper] and I had no idea," Michaels, 40, told HuffPost Live in a recent Skype interview. "Nobody had told us. Nobody had said anything to us. So yes, I was stunned. Obviously I thought she had lost too much weight."

During the reality competition's live finale on Feb. 4, Michaels and fellow trainer Harper, 48, looked visibly stunned when contestant Frederickson, 24, revealed her stick-thin figure. When Frederickson appeared, Michaels could be seen mouthing "Oh my God" several times on camera.

"I was immediately concerned and wondering how this happened," the Biggest Loser vet continued to HuffPo. Frederickson, a 5-foot-4 former competitive swimmer, came in at 105 pounds, and went from a size 20 to a size 0/2. But according to Michaels, trainers are allowed to keep in touch with contestants once they continue trying to drop the weight at home; she acknowledges Frederickson somehow slipped through the cracks after the show's filming ended.

"In my opinion, this had fallen through those checks and balances," she continued. "With that said, anybody who gains too much weight or loses too much weight, ironically these are manifestations of the same issue. It simply means that somebody is utilizing their relationship with food to manage emotions that are painful, hard, difficult to face or control."
    I kinda cry BS on this comment as previous contestants have commented that towards the finale the show does push the contestants to produce great results for great ratings. They all were in a competition, you do stupid things to win. I am sure Jillian and the producers of Biggest Loser took their time (24 days since the finale) for things to cool down and to craft a very careful statement that basically throws Rachel under the bus by implying she has some food/eating disorder being diagnosis by Dr. Jillian Michaels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    If Rachel had lost 62% she would have lost 161.2 lbs and would have weighted in at 98.2 lbs.

I am curious where did you get that Rachel had lost 62%?
    I must have misread it somewhere. Perhaps trying to read without my glasses.

Thanks for doing the math for me, I never would have made it through algebra in college if I hadn't had a friend who helped me.

I just finished reading the article in the February 24, 2014 People magazine. A great frontal photo of Rachel on the cover and yes her hips, arms and face look too thin. It is a 5 page article. 2 pages are all photos we have seen before. The rest of the pages are photos and article and reality there is just one page and a paragraph of print supposedly about Rachel's interview with People, but mainly the author is writing commentary on what we already know. One of the very last direct quotes from Rachel is "I'm just kind of finding where it all settles," "I was a contestant, and I trained like an athlete for the finale. Now I am a girl in her real life."

The article ends with less than half a page of blurps from past winners, Ali Vincent, Danny Cahill, Patrick House and Olivia Ward. The most astounding thing about this is that is says Ali Vincent now weights 161 lbs gaining 40 lbs since her winning her season 5. Now that I don't think I really believe.

Overall, I didn't learn anything from the article, I didn't feel as if it was an in depth interview as there were only a few quotes from Rachel we have already heard. Makes me feel as if I wasted my $3.99 on the magazine. Seriously, if you are going to interview someone, interview them, don't do a puff piece.
    Ali was in the audience for the finale. They just did one shot of her that I saw, and she has definitely gained a lot of the weight back.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Ali was in the audience for the finale. They just did one shot of her that I saw, and she has definitely gained a lot of the weight back.
    I had read that she had said she has gained 5 lbs a year since her win in season 5 which was May 2008 ... so it's been 5.5 yrs .... around 30lbs. Well, I hope she can catch herself and stop the upward climb. Wishing her the best of luck.
    mesachick likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

118 would have been a good weight for 5'4". I'm sorry to hear about Ali--it seemed like she kept it off for a while. I remember she'd turn up briefly on some later shows to encourage the new contestants. It's that slippery slope---5 lbs. here, 5 lbs. there.

One of the very last direct quotes from Rachel is "I was a contestant, and I trained like an athlete for the finale. Now I am a girl in her real life."[/B]
    What a load of crap. No athlete trains to starvation. It's contrary to the definition of athlete. We saw pictures of her when she competed and she wasn't a bag of bones. We just finished watching the Olympics and I didn't see any of those athletes looking like they'd just escaped a concentration camp. IMO, she dieted (not "trained") to that weight because she wanted to look skinny - I'd say that was 95% of the reason - and the prize money is maybe the remaining 5%. That is being generous, because body image is clearly a problem for her. She's a girl in her real life, all right. But not an athlete.

Let's hope that the People magazine follow-up in 2019 has her gaining back 5 lbs a year. If BL lasts that long. If I was Jillian, Bob or Dolvett, I'd be running for the hills after this debacle.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    What a load of crap. No athlete trains to starvation. It's contrary to the definition of athlete. We saw pictures of her when she competed and she wasn't a bag of bones. We just finished watching the Olympics and I didn't see any of those athletes looking like they'd just escaped a concentration camp. IMO, she dieted (not "trained") to that weight because she wanted to look skinny - I'd say that was 95% of the reason - and the prize money is maybe the remaining 5%. That is being generous, because body image is clearly a problem for her. She's a girl in her real life, all right. But not an athlete.

Let's hope that the People magazine follow-up in 2019 has her gaining back 5 lbs a year. If BL lasts that long. If I was Jillian, Bob or Dolvett, I'd be running for the hills after this debacle.
    Don't think they will be running for the hills.

Regardless of the controversy over Rachel, which generated tons of publicity for the series which translates to ratings/money. This show also helps and inspires individuals as well as families. Eventually it will be cancelled but I think the show has a few legs yet.
    GabbyG likes this.

+ Reply to Thread