+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Season 15 Episode 15 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

Re: Season 15 Episode 14 - 02/04/14 - Season Finale ***SPOILERS***

I thought Bobby looked not exactly too thin, but you could tell it must have been an unhealthy extreme weight loss. That's a lot of weight too lose in a relatively short period of time.

I also wonder if Rachel had any skin tightening surgery. Notice how all the contestants had loose skin (especially in the arms), except for her.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

In the past, it's my understanding that the contestants are not allowed to have any kind of surgery, including skin removal. I've always wondered why they never seem to have too much skin hanging. There is some, but not nearly what you would expect to see.
    mesachick likes this.

I think they're all (or at least many of them are) wearing compression garments at the finale. It's why the ladies' mid-sections are covered and the guys keep their shirts on. Otherwise, there would be lots of saggy skin.
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rachel looked unhealthily skinny....

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think they're all (or at least many of them are) wearing compression garments at the finale. It's why the ladies' mid-sections are covered and the guys keep their shirts on. Otherwise, there would be lots of saggy skin.
    Sometimes if you look at the armhole area of their shirts, you can see a bit of the garment showing. Former contestants have talked about this & about the sagging & sometimes hanging skin, on talk shows.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Great screencap. The most disturbing thing for me is that she's clearly lost a lot of muscle. This was a strong woman when we last saw her....she looks as if she hasn't eaten for weeks, and her body has been reduced to feeding on her muscle. Also crossing my fingers for her that this is just temporary....
    Thank you. That's the best way to put.

Comments on the outfits:

Group 1

Jennifer - nice blue wrap dress, good color and fitted and flattered her figure very well - arms looked good.

Fernanda - red dress, good color and fitted well, not too special but she looked nice - arms looked good.

Hap - jean, sports jacket and bow tie ... he cleaned up well but this is a special event and I really like the guys to wear suits.

Group 2

Matt - looks good, nice suit, he looks normal I would have liked to see him 20 lbs lighter.

Chelsea - not a fan of the ombre sequined dress, I think it focused too much on her lower tummer and her hips, not flattering at all. Would luv to know what line of clothing she is wearing and the vanity resizing they are doing.

Holley - actually a nice little black dress, I don't think she is very comfortable with her feminine side as she looks a bit uncomfortable on stage and during the weight in. When she is competing she is in her comfort zone but outside of that she comes across as socially awkward. I do wish she had hit the 100lbs loss mark. I think she will be terrific competing at 200 lbs.

Group 3

Tanya - hair looks great, her confidence and personality are shining, she looks happy. Her dress ... red is a good color on her, I am OK with the black lace vertical panel insert. I do think it may be too busy on the shoulders and it looks as if her breasts are a bit squashed.

Craig - luv the suit he looked great.

Marie - I am not a big fan of the bandage dress especially on this show as the majority of women either are not toned enough to wear one or they pick one that happens to highlight all their non flattering bumpy parts. Olivia wore it well on her season and BIG WOW Marie is up there in getting the right dress for her shape the color blocking was very flattering as well as the color palette. Arms looked great.

Group 4

Ruben - looked very dapper in his suit. Obviously had lost weight but I never have felt the same drive to lose weight as I have from the other contestants.

Tumi - I was simply amazed when she came out, while the orange color looked great on her and the fit really flattered her I don't think I was a fan of the rushing and the shinny fabric. But it gave a good initial impression.

Jay - again I am not a big fan of the jean and sport coat for a big event like this but I have to admit it is Jay and he rocked it.

Finalists

Bobby - rocked the tuxedo but I did notice that he was not wearing socks and he pant length needed to be an inch or two longer ... are shorter pant lengths for men the new trend???

David - great suit, he looked great, I barely recognized his face.

Rachel - the silver dress ... did not like the dress ... the cut not flattering at all. Did nothing to flatter Rachel's figure. Yeah I know folks may comment that she was covering up her extreme weight loss but she could have done a better job. The dress reminds me of the first one Tim Gunn had her wear and I hated that one too.

As for flabby arms ... I am sure if I looked up close and personal I would see some lose skin but over all I really didn't see too much. On Tumi of course but she had such huge arms that was a given.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I didn't think Bobby looked too thin...he seemed OK to me. What I did notice is that he lost the little boy chubby cheeks finally, and had a more mature looking face--so to me he looked much better. I guess I was so busy looking at his face I missed the short pants!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Rachel is still young, so her arm skin may have tightened up. On us older folks, that doesn't happen . . . the elasticity is gone.
    GabbyG likes this.

Shhh AZ! I keep my arms covered up just for that reason!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread