Re: Season 15 Episode 13 - 01/28/14 ***SPOILERS***

Stats from wikipedia:

Contestant Age Ht Start BMI Start Wt Recent BMI Recent Wt Lbs Lost Percent
    Rachel 24 5' 4" 44.6 260 25.7 150 110 -42.3%
    David 43 6' 2" 52.5 409 31.2 243 166 -40.6%
    Bobby 28 6' 3" 44.7 358 28.9 231 127 -35.5%
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Rachel really concentrated on winning the race and then relaxed a bit perhaps during that week. I do think the weight in was rather eye opening for her as Bobby and David really had huge weight losses.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    Thanks Bearcata, it will probably won't be shown here because of the SotU. Does this mean that Rachel is automatically in the final three?
    Yeap, the winner of the triathlon is automatically in the finale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Rachel better really focus on her weight now or David could take her.

Jumping up on the grassy knoll to say that there is no way that was a 'one week' weigh in. 16 and 17lbs lost for Bobby and David on the last week? I'm thinking there had to be at least 2 weeks in there. I bet it was one week since the triathalon, but probably one week from last episode to the triathalon and then another week until the final weigh in. After Rachel won the race, I suspect she held back a bit so the weight loss from then until the finale would count on finale night since it didn't matter tonight as she was already a finalist. She looked a bit unhappy that the boys will be joining her in the finale and not the ladies...or it was just that red lipstick, which makes her face look really harsh. She's such a pretty girl- she doesn't need it. I'm not sure Rachel has that much more to lose- David just may take this thing. I like Bobby just fine, but I am opposed to any players coming back into the game. I hate it on Survivor and I hate it on BL too.

(ok...stepping back off the knoll and hiding under a tree now....)

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Jumping up on the grassy knoll to say that there is no way that was a 'one week' weigh in. 16 and 17lbs lost for Bobby and David on the last week? I'm thinking there had to be at least 2 weeks in there. I bet it was one week since the triathalon, but probably one week from last episode to the triathalon and then another week until the final weigh in. After Rachel won the race, I suspect she held back a bit so the weight loss from then until the finale would count on finale night since it didn't matter tonight as she was already a finalist. She looked a bit unhappy that the boys will be joining her in the finale and not the ladies...or it was just that red lipstick, which makes her face look really harsh. She's such a pretty girl- she doesn't need it. I'm not sure Rachel has that much more to lose- David just may take this thing. I like Bobby just fine, but I am opposed to any players coming back into the game. I hate it on Survivor and I hate it on BL too.

(ok...stepping back off the knoll and hiding under a tree now....)

Rachel is 5'4" she can afford to lose another 30 lbs. Since she is currently 150, if she loses 20lbs and weights in at 130 she has already lost 50% of her original body weight. If she goes down to 120 she will be at 53.8% of her original body weight.

David needs to lose 204lbs to reach 50% of his original body weight, he has lost 166lbs he needs to lose another 38lbs to reach that goal.

Depending on the timeline it looks as if it will be very tight competition between David and Rachel.

Bobby is the Dark Horse as he needs to have lost 179 lbs to reach 50% and he needs to lose another 52 lbs to reach that goal.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-28-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    Maybaybie likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm really having trouble believing that Rachel is 150 lbs and 5'4".... Frankly she looks too good, especially if the camera adds 5 or 10 lbs as they always say. I mean I know what 5'4" and 150 lbs looks like, and that isn't it, unless she is solid muscle and muscle really weighs that much more than fat. I even wondered if she water loaded a bit to have lost only a lb. as her face looked too gaunt.

There wouldn't be any advantage to Rachel to hold back though, except for drama on the finale night. What decides it finale night is not the difference between last night and next week but between next week and the first episode.

And yeah, totally agree, that at this point no one loses as much weight as the guys did in a week----that might even have been 3 weeks, but certainly more than one. But they've always said that a "week" is an amorphous term on the show. What they do keep saying is that they've been there 14 weeks. I wonder if that is true or they just say that because there are 14 episodes? Are there 14 episodes? Didn't they use to go home for a couple of months between the next to last episode and the last one? Here they've only stayed on the ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm really having trouble believing that Rachel is 150 lbs and 5'4".... Frankly she looks too good, especially if the camera adds 5 or 10 lbs as they always say. I mean I know what 5'4" and 150 lbs looks like, and that isn't it, unless she is solid muscle and muscle really weighs that much more than fat. I even wondered if she water loaded a bit to have lost only a lb. as her face looked too gaunt.

There wouldn't be any advantage to Rachel to hold back though, except for drama on the finale night. What decides it finale night is not the difference between last night and next week but between next week and the first episode.

And yeah, totally agree, that at this point no one loses as much weight as the guys did in a week----that might even have been 3 weeks, but certainly more than one. But they've always said that a "week" is an amorphous term on the show. What they do keep saying is that they've been there 14 weeks. I wonder if that is true or they just say that because there are 14 episodes? Are there 14 episodes? Didn't they use to go home for a couple of months between the next to last episode and the last one? Here they've only stayed on the ranch.

An entire season usually runs 8 to 9 months. This includes casting and post production. The length of time the contestants are on "the program/dieting/competing" is normally a 6 month period. The longest folks stay on the ranch is around 12 to 14 weeks, basically 3 months on the ranch if you are not eliminated and 3 months at home and then the finale. The term "week" is used very loosely on this show. Previous contestants and others have commented previously that a week can fluctuate from 5 days to 14 days. Even on this season they said it had been two weeks between weight ins and yet the host, trainers and contestants all ( instructed I am sure ) say "week".

From a Today Show article dated Jan 28, 2014 11:18 am ET

Ousted 'Biggest Loser' contestants drop 200 pounds - TODAY.com

In fact, the only thing they lost was more weight a lot more. Marie, who started the competition at 249, now weighs in 108 pounds lighter at 141. And Tanya's dropped 92 pounds from her starting weight of 262, leaving her at 170 now.
    Marie is 9 lbs lighter here than in her Where Are They Now segment and Tanya is 4 lbs lighter. Marie looks fantastic in the photo.

Marie has lost 43.37% of her original body weight.
    Marie has lost 34 lbs since being eliminated at 175 lbs.

Tanya has lost 35.0% of her original body weight.
    Tanya has lost 22 lbs since being eliminated at 192 lbs.

Note: it is rather confusing that NBC aired this segment before Tuesday's episode aired.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-29-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    An entire season usually runs 8 to 9 months. This includes casting and post production. The length of time the contestants are on "the program/dieting/competing" is normally a 6 month period. The longest folks stay on the ranch is around 12 to 14 weeks, basically 3 months on the ranch if you are not eliminated and 3 months at home and then the finale. The term "week" is used very loosely on this show. Previous contestants and others have commented previously that a week can fluctuate from 5 days to 14 days. Even on this season they said it had been two weeks between weight ins and yet the host, trainers and contestants all ( instructed I am sure ) say "week".
    I watched the episode again and everyone was saying it was week 14 during the triathlon ... am thinking in real world time the contestants were probably on the ranch for 16 weeks aka 4 months. It makes sense time wise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast